[Spoiler] Caithe´s future.

DanAlcedo.3281

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:I don't have Path of Fire so what happened exactly? Did Balthazar hijack Kralkatorrik and kill Aurene?

in Path of Fire? if PoF we killed Balthazar.

We destroyed his body and his essence was absorbed by Aurene and Kralkatorrik. Despite this let's not forget that Dhuum was able to be reduced to energy and could not be killed. Furthermore Kormir specifically stated that the reason she never became Abaddon was because his will was broken which meant that if his will was stronger he could have taken over her.

Kralkatorrik does not seem like something that has a strong will... Especially not on the level of his Scion Glint nor her children.

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:I don't have Path of Fire so what happened exactly? Did Balthazar hijack Kralkatorrik and kill Aurene?

in Path of Fire? if PoF we killed Balthazar.

We destroyed his body and his essence was absorbed by Aurene and Kralkatorrik. Despite this let's not forget that Dhuum was able to be reduced to energy and could not be killed. Furthermore Kormir specifically stated that the reason she never became Abaddon was because his will was broken which meant that if his will was stronger he could have taken over her.

Kralkatorrik does not seem like something that has a strong will... Especially not on the level of his Scion Glint nor her children.

kralk played dead and some stones hit the PC, then aurene walked close to him. he attacked us and she jumped in front of us and got impaled

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:Unless they go the route that Balthazar was still a supremely powerful magical being without being a God...

That's exactly what he was. Just like Dhuum, he was still a very powerful being to be sure, but a far cry from what he used to be as a full powered god. Which is probably a good thing, otherwise #1 we might not have been able to beat him; #2 if we had beaten him in such a state, Vabbi likely would be a smoking crater lined with our bones right now.

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:Unless they go the route that Balthazar was still a supremely powerful magical being without being a God

Well, do remember that he soaked up the entirety of a magical blast that an NPC said could've annihilated half a continent. The scale wasn't anywhere near what Abaddon's death apparently unleashed, but all the same, the Bloodstone unleashed enough energy to make the Searing and the Cataclysm put together look small. That might've been enough to at least be equivalent to what an Elder Dragon is carrying around.

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:

Actually somewhere in the new chapter I'm pretty sure Glint or something said his will and determination are unmatchable or something like that, mainly because of his strong fear of being killed due to his vision.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:Unless they go the route that Balthazar was still a supremely powerful magical being without being a God

Well, do remember that he soaked up the entirety of a magical blast that an NPC said could've annihilated half a continent. The scale wasn't anywhere near what Abaddon's death apparently unleashed, but all the same, the Bloodstone unleashed enough energy to make the Searing and the Cataclysm put together look small. That might've been enough to at least be equivalent to what an Elder Dragon is carrying around.

The showing of Balthazar during that blast may also have something to do with the idea that after Balthazar had consumed all of that magic, especially Jormag and Primordus (who are not shown) he converted it to whatever he wanted to use, which took the appearance of Balthazar.

@Zavve.8205 said:I still don't understand why Caith gets to have such a connection to Aurene over us.idk im just hoping that Caith will give her life somehow to bring Aurene back.

Episode after episode, for 3 years, and we still barely have a relationship with Aurene. We're supposed to have a psychic bond with Aurene that's never explored. Whenever we see Aurene we're cold as kitten to her and just bark orders at her. Now, the dev's reduce our bond by bringing Caithe into this episode.

The whole thing annoys me.

@"Svennis.3852" said:Honestly I’ll be disappointed if the plan is for Caithe to just die. Her entire life will have been tragedy and sacrifice for others.

I suppose it’ll match the rest of her character journey, but still. What a let down.

That would pretty much be par for the course for the story though wouldn't it? Blish lasted three episodes before he was sacrificed? If Aurene is now dead then her entire existence as well as her family was just to be one sacrifice after another. Traeherne was a sacrifice though I never really cared for him. Didn't Tibalt sacrifice himself on Claw Island so we could get to safety or something? Can't remember.

And at least Caithe had a chance to fall in love and had a partner. Poor little Aurene was born with people already after her, has been kidnapped, had her brother murdered before she even got to meet him, had most people treating her like crap because she's a dragon, and then winds up dying despite the prophecies of her dead mother before she even had the chance to grow up. Talk about a life of tragedy. Would much rather Caithe go than Aurene.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@Zavve.8205 said:I still don't understand why Caith gets to have such a connection to Aurene over us.idk im just hoping that Caith will give her life somehow to bring Aurene back.

Episode after episode, for 3 years, and we still barely have a relationship with Aurene. We're supposed to have a psychic bond with Aurene that's never explored. Whenever we see Aurene we're cold as kitten to her and just bark orders at her. Now, the dev's reduce our bond by bringing Caithe into this episode.

The whole thing annoys me.

The commander is there to command and empathy is detrimental for the commander job.

Archived