Post the bad Mistlock instabilities combinations!

With the new Mistlock instabilities added today, there will be new interactions between instabilities or with the fractals themselves.Some of these instabilities will probably make the fractals themselves ridiculous to complete.

If you have encountered any terrible combinations do post them here so it is visible for easy reference.Format:Fractal name:Undesirable combination:Description (if any):

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI slippery slope is being removed from two fractals

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65249/bug-slippery-slope-cliffside-and-underground-facility@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:We've discovered a bug in which the Slippery Slope instability is enabled for the Cliffside and Underground Facility fractals. We will fix this in a future patch.

Fractal: Molten FurnaceInstability: Slippery SlopeDescription: Mistlock on the lava JP virtually inaccessible with this. Climbing up to the torture chamber is also more torture than the chamber itself.

Fractal: Shattered ObservatoryInstability: Sugar RushDescription: Affects solar blooms, shorter telegraph before actual explosion than compared to without sugar rush.At Arkk solar bloom phase, also seems to detonate solar blooms earlier even when they are out of range of towers, even when the growing arena aoe that marks how much time you have left has not completely filled the platform.

Fractal: Shattered ObservatoryInstability: Slippery SlopeDescription: At Arkk, The green circle mechanic is sometimes visually de-synced for players. This problem is exacerbated by the slippery slope instability that further visually de-syncs players. What I mean by this is that at the last moment right before the mechanic goes off, players may appear inside on their screen but have already slid out on another player's screen and thus fail the mechanic.
May be due to what i would assume is the rate of player position update by the server or latency.

Fractal: Non-applicableInstability: Combination of Mist convergence + We Bleed FireDescription: Triggers enhanced fireballs from Champion Rabbit and Mossman, that can virtually one-shot on a glass build if you accidentally cleave them the moment they spawn next to you without warning. Also seem to trigger we bleed fire from the orbital strike mist convergence even though that thing has no hp.

Today : Siren's ReefFrailty + Sugar Rush.Did it with 1 elem + 1 DH (8k HP so) and a semi-AFK druid (means no heal, no spirits boon etc), that was terrible.We didn't even start the fractal : Bristelback's spike barrage > instant wipe; same with a lot of enemies, specially the final event. One reroll with a FB as 2nd healer (also because DH and chrono cannot take reflection). A lot of fun, and wasted time.

Actually I'm not mad with Slippery Slope; it's ... fun !?

Aetherblade Fractal - Instability: Birds.Constantly being attacked during trap puzzles/ shutting down the terminals. Movement restricted by traps and wouldn't help either way since the birds will still attack with nothing to transfer.

Slippery Slope - S.O 100cm. Can't be worse for a fractal that needs to constant move for position or avoiding telegraph attacks. 1 slip up severely punishes the player/party :tongue:.

Bad enough to effect regulars players performance, totally unpleasant attempting with PuG.

Just in general, would be nice if the instability issues being highlighted by players addressed stuff that interferes with the mechanics of the fractal.

Eramonster's post about Aetherblade Fractal is a good one, since it involves working with reduced movement speed due to being in combat with birds and also DoT+ almost no dodging ability in the tight space of lasers during puzzle part, In a sense it is worse than flux bomb is on that fractal.

Of course this is not to say combinations of less hp on players + more dmg from mob + lots of mobs is not worth complaining about, but it will probably end up in with snide comments from other players like ' lol git gud' that I saw from the new instability threads after the update.We also won't know if they will ever address this. Toxic Trail has been in swampland fractal for over a year, and they decided to keep it in even after the change to instabilities. It would probably be more cancer with the lower hp with Fraility and extra might and fury from NPNG(for mob auto attacks) than before though. But it seems the view so far is ' If there is counter-play, we will just keep stacking them' and the apparent counterplay to Toxic Trail in swampland is 'there is a lot of space to run around'

99CMadrenaline rush, social awkwardness, outflanked.description: the enrage+flanking buff causes adds that spawn behind or to the side to delete your existence. The enrage buff went from 50% to 150% and the flanking bonus is 300% which comes to a total of 450% increase damaged, so a 3k hit can do 16.5k

100CMSlippery Slope + Social Awkwardness + adrenaline rushextremely difficult to keep up buffs and stay stacked since the bosses require a lot of movement and the orbs at the 80/50/30 phase in arkk are difficult to push into posts when you are sliding around. not really something that's bad its just difficult and takes a new level of gameplay :P

Annoying deepstone today with birds and fire, Have to waste dodges and froced to dodge on puzzle, don't want to talk of last boss, when you dodge end up outta platform and die in fire.Same fire spam in Swampland like its has not enough trash spam

Annoying af

@Ceistebi.4023 said:t4 deepstone: Birds and Fire one. You're either on fire (4+stacks) or being pecked at by birds. It's seriosuly annoying and just spammy, not even fun.

@"phs.6089" said:Annoying deepstone today with birds and fire, Have to waste dodges and froced to dodge on puzzle, don't want to talk of last boss, when you dodge end up outta platform and die in fire.Same fire spam in Swampland like its has not enough trash spam

Annoying af

Before going into Deepstone today I saw these posts and was like "It couldn't be that bad".But after going through it personally it really is one hell of an annoyance to get through for the Voice boss fight.This is something that the Dev needs to experience first hand, for the Voice boss fight with this instab combo to truly understand why players are complaining.

@"DoNotBelieveMe.3029" said:This is something that the Dev needs to experience first hand, for the Voice boss fight with this instab combo to truly understand why players are complaining.

I still do not believe that they tested the new instabilities and their combinations enough under real conditions. Otherwise we wouldn't see all those possibilities since there's no doubt the test devs are more unskilled than the casual T4 crowd.Still I'm not complaining from a CM runner point of view - I can handle them all to the recent day - but I doubt that it was the intention to torture a lof of "not-so-skilled" people.

@DoNotBelieveMe.3029 said:

@Ceistebi.4023 said:t4 deepstone: Birds and Fire one. You're either on fire (4+stacks) or being pecked at by birds. It's seriosuly annoying and just spammy, not even fun.

@"phs.6089" said:Annoying deepstone today with birds and fire, Have to waste dodges and froced to dodge on puzzle, don't want to talk of last boss, when you dodge end up outta platform and die in fire.Same fire spam in Swampland like its has not enough trash spam

Annoying af

Before going into Deepstone today I saw these posts and was like "It couldn't be that bad".But after going through it personally it really is one hell of an annoyance to get through for the Voice boss fight.This is something that the Dev needs to experience first hand, for the Voice boss fight with this instab combo to truly understand why players are complaining.

Agreed! I did the T4 Deepstone with Birds and Fire instability and didn't think it would be too bad. I was wrong. For some reason in that fractal, especially the Voice fight, that combination was just really annoying and not fun. Fire seemed to make Birds much worse to deal with for some reason. My first PUG wiped about 4 times to it and disbanded. My second PUG (very good team) got it first try. Can't remember the last time I was in a T4 PUG wiped on final boss of Deepstone.

From the comments in both groups, it seems like no one likes the Birds instability. One suggestion - could you not have the birds attack you when you are defenselessly flying through the air after being knocked off the bridge, or sentinel, or final boss fight? Being attacked while not being able to dodge (not that this actually causes all of the birds to stop attacking you anyway) just adds to my level annoyance with this instability.

I hate all instabilities. They don't add any fun or meaningful challange to the fights, they are just annoying quirks. I casually clear t4 and some CMs and it got much more stressful after latest patch. I wish fractals would be designed in challanging way and not relying on those quirks for difficulty.

Combo: Toxic trial, afflicted, we bleed fire @ siren's reef final boss -> Whole area is covered in toxic sludge, every trash shoots additional burning projectile and every time you get hit you get an extra codnition applied to you.

Honestly there are a lot of super annoying combos for that boss.

@stone cold.8609 said:

Annoying af

Agreed! I did the T4 Deepstone with Birds and Fire instability and didn't think it would be too bad. I was wrong. For some reason in that fractal, especially the Voice fight, that combination was just really annoying and not fun. Fire seemed to make Birds much worse to deal with for some reason. My first PUG wiped about 4 times to it and disbanded. My second PUG (very good team) got it first try. Can't remember the last time I was in a T4 PUG wiped on final boss of Deepstone.

From the comments in both groups, it seems like no one likes the Birds instability. One suggestion - could you not have the birds attack you when you are defenselessly flying through the air after being knocked off the bridge, or sentinel, or final boss fight? Being attacked while not being able to dodge (not that this actually causes all of the birds to stop attacking you anyway) just adds to my level annoyance with this instability.

i saw Deepstone and i just changed to my healer scourge and did it first cleari take Corrosive Poison Cloud to counter we bleed fire from the Voice boss the fire from the adds just ignore them with barrier and cleansthe bird however are annoying during the puzzle because they do alot of DMG and i didnt have much LF left in the end of the puzzle

but Siren's Reef as a fractal is too much adds and mechanics and alot of condi my team wiped 3 times in it

@DragonFury.6243 said:

Annoying af

i saw Deepstone and i just changed to my healer scourge and did it first cleari take Corrosive Poison Cloud to counter we bleed fire from the Voice boss the fire from the adds just ignore them with barrier and cleansthe bird however are annoying during the puzzle because they do alot of DMG and i didnt have much LF left in the end of the puzzle

but Siren's Reef as a fractal is too much adds and mechanics and alot of condi my team wiped 3 times in it

I did the same thing basically. I had done the other two on my dps weaver, then couldn't get past the shadow boss in deepstone and swtiched to my healer/support druid for the rest of it.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Today : Siren's ReefFrailty + Sugar Rush.Did it with 1 elem + 1 DH (8k HP so) and a semi-AFK druid (means no heal, no spirits boon etc), that was terrible.We didn't even start the fractal : Bristelback's spike barrage > instant wipe; same with a lot of enemies, specially the final event. One reroll with a FB as 2nd healer (also because DH and chrono cannot take reflection). A lot of fun, and wasted time.

Actually I'm not mad with Slippery Slope; it's ... fun !?

I had that same problem(No Pain No Gain, Fragility , Super Rush .) we went to the final boss and died a few times on the way the last boss we tried 5-7 times at best something about 60% then wipe every time. He was harder then some cm or raid bosses there was no way we could do it.

Archived