When will we get new Hairstyles & Faces? [Merged]

Chasind.3128

I'd be more excited to get new character customization content than new story content at this point. I get extremely disappointed each major update when datamining shows no plans for new hairstyles/ faces or anything else related to improving our character physical look.

Here are some hairstyle samples we needFemaleHuman1FemaleHuman2FemaleHuman3

MaleHuman1MaleHuman2MaleHuman3

SylvariFemale1SylvariFemale2SylvariFemale3

Sylvari Males can share the hairstyles.

Charr1Charr2Charr2

FemaleAsura1FemaleAsura2FemaleAsura3

Post your Male Asura Hairstyles ideas and other ideas!

@MetalGirl.2370 said:We've been waiting for 3+ years ... last hairstyles for some were just copypaste from other races.They claim they listen and give us what we want ... sure thing.

To be fair alot of players did ask for certain hairstyles for certain races, but it wasnt well received by half since it wasnt exactly the hairstyles people wanted on those races, Like the norn long braid should be shared with the humans but wasnt etc. IMO they should reintroduce GW1 hairstyles into GW2, just divide them among races.

Humans can get the long dervish braid, and beautifully done high ponytail for dervish.Sylvari and ASurans can get the amazing array of necromancer/ paragon hairstyles just redesigned for their race to match.

I see alot of players asking for longer hair which I desperately want, we all desperately need, then anet claims they wont do it because of clipping issues---- if clipping was such a huge deal then why create such large and exhuberant backpieces? Massive Greatswords? Why hasnt anet fixed charr backpieces? All of these things have clipping issues. There are plenty of clipping issues still within the game that are being ignored, yet new and beautiful long hairstyles are too much to ask.

Sorry for the rant---- it's just time we got good hairstyles.

@leafjelly.8367 said:even if they released like 1 new hair for every race every year or 6 months, I would be happy. just SOMETHING pleaseeee :( New hairs is always the BIGGEST joy

That releasing new looks would yield a run on Self-Stylist/Makeover kits, and therefore generate revenue on the Gem store, I'd say it isn't that they dont WANT to release new hair, etc, but that there are only so many resources to go around, and they are prioritizing other things.

@Chasind.3128 said:

@leafjelly.8367 said:even if they released like 1 new hair for every race every year or 6 months, I would be happy. just SOMETHING pleaseeee :( New hairs is always the BIGGEST joy

Thank you, it hurts to see chair skins released more than content most players actually would rather have- such as new hairs/ ears/ faces/horns/tattoos etc

yea its not like they won't get money/gem purchases from making hairs and cosmetics like they do with chairs. Ppl will buy the make-over kits and stuff for hairs u_u although ofc its not guaranteed direct purchases like chairs b/c ppl have kits from black lion chests but still, there's money in it. I remember when i first started playing and i saw new hairs added a few months after and i thought WOW IS THIS A REGULAR THING! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONES. but nope.

@"Fraghound.5730" said:I have a makeover kit stuffed in my bank right now that I want to use so badly. My main female asura hasn't had a new haircut in ages and some new styles would be so nice. I would adore something like this but if this style was added it would likely be a norn one. I want long braids for my asuras so badly!

This is lovely!

Thank you for the sample

• 2 months later...

I would love it if they had more unisex hairstyles, long and with a bicolour option, or a new choice of rainbow color. Hairstyles like channel, fringed, some with braids and other long and loose hairstyles, something ''Sephiroth style'' (within the unisex category) etc. I would look for inspiration in Lady Gaga's hairstyles tbh (In a hairstyle she wears in a parade by Thierry Mugler, specifically: https://br.pinterest.com/pin/99219998020800858/?lp=true )

So there have literally been no new hairstyles or faces for human players since the release of PoF on September 22, 2017. I know charr got a couple new horn styles awhile back and I think Asura got maybe one or two and sylvari and norn have been utterly forgotten about it seems. I know it takes "eight months" to create a single outfit that can't be mixed and matched. Does it take 24 months to create a face and hair? Every time I get news about upcoming things in this game it makes me want to quit forever. It's so disheartening to see no effort being put into a huge part of why a lot of people play this game.

Humans have a huge variety of choices now, they aren't even worth mentioning until the other races catch up. Asura are by far the worst off. It's kind of sad when there is only 9 available at character creation for them. And I usually don't even bother using hairstyle kits on them unless I want an exclusive colour because the hairs they added later aren't better than the options available at creation.

Archived