Kralkatorrik Size — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Kralkatorrik Size

Since this is the first Elder Dragon we get to see so close (We don't really get very close to Zhaitan and I don't think Mouth of Mordremoth actually counts, do it?) I gotta say: That thing is HUGE.

Are all Elder Dragons about the same size and do their models actually match their original concepts?

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

Tagged:

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

He's nowhere near the size I expected. Which is likely my own fault for incorrectly interpreting his size from the book and descriptions but he def felt a bit small.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    He's nowhere near the size I expected. Which is likely my own fault for incorrectly interpreting his size from the book and descriptions but he def felt a bit small.

In the books he's described as being the size of a small mountain range. He slept for thousands of years and was mistakenly assumed to be a mountain range. He's closer to the size of a football field. A small one.

@Addiction.9685 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

In the books he's described as being the size of a small mountain range. He slept for thousands of years and was mistakenly assumed to be a mountain range. He's closer to the size of a football field. A small one.

I always pictured his eyes to be bigger than us and when you see how big Jormags tooth is, I expected kralks to be even bigger.

Again prob my too high expectations, but it was disappointing

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't forget that he can change form. We know he can turn into a living storm, it's quite possible he can play with his size, too. His target was something small and fast, where his size was working against him. It makes sense that he may have made himself smaller.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• @Addiction.9685 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

Mountain. Singular. Not a range, a singular mountain slash volcano.

But he's also listed as being 1,000 feet tall.

All these squares make a circle.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Addiction.9685 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

I always pictured his eyes to be bigger than us and when you see how big Jormags tooth is, I expected kralks to be even bigger.

Both his eyes and some of his teeth are bigger than us.

We've only seen his head and neck so far and were pretty much the size of the final instance.

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Addiction.9685 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

Both his eyes and some of his teeth are bigger than us.

His eye is about the same size as the PC, unless you're an Asura. It was smaller than I expected, by about 2-3x. But there's a limit to what's workable in the engine, probably.

fyi OP, here is a comparison chart from the Wiki

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Elder_Dragons_size_comparison.png

@Randulf.7614 said:
    fyi OP, here is a comparison chart from the Wiki

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Elder_Dragons_size_comparison.png

Fyi, kralky on this one has the old model (tho idk if the new one is necessarily bigger)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.