The Roaring Dragon Glider is too small

Totally agree! Everything about this glider is absolutely awesome except for its size... on charr it actually looks super awkward, doesn't look like it's scaling or anything (the character looks oversized in comparison and details are lost). It should be the size of the Raven Spirit at least.

Please ANet consider this suggestion, it's an amazing skin (probably the best in game) would be a shame not to fix this minor issue.

I wonder how many of you commenting against this idea actually own the glider. I watched the dulfy video and immediately went on spending gold trying to get it, never even crossed my mind that it might be too small as this isn't directly obvious in that preview. The glider does not scale in proportion to your character's size as other skins normally do and so the body is sticking out making it look awkward, it is obviously too small. I get that everyone has personal preferences but don't include dye choices as argument to discussion - if you don't like it, don't buy it but let others enjoy something they put effort into getting. It is similar in mechanic to the Raven so it should be compared to it.

https://imgur.com/a/tshyJTC

@"Arannya.8324" said:I wonder how many of you commenting against this idea actually own the glider. I watched the dulfy video and immediately went on spending gold trying to get it, never even crossed my mind that it might be too small as this isn't directly obvious in that preview. The glider does not scale in proportion to your character's size as other skins normally do and so the body is sticking out making it look awkward, it is obviously too small. I get that everyone has personal preferences but don't include dye choices as argument to discussion - if you don't like it, don't buy it but let others enjoy something they put effort into getting. It is similar in mechanic to the Raven so it should be compared to it.

All anyone has to do is right click on a BL chest to see i's contents, then right click on the glider and select preview. Took me 5 seconds to see how ridiculous it looked on my Charr.

@"Arannya.8324" said:I wonder how many of you commenting against this idea actually own the glider. I watched the dulfy video and immediately went on spending gold trying to get it, never even crossed my mind that it might be too small as this isn't directly obvious in that preview. The glider does not scale in proportion to your character's size as other skins normally do and so the body is sticking out making it look awkward, it is obviously too small. I get that everyone has personal preferences but don't include dye choices as argument to discussion - if you don't like it, don't buy it but let others enjoy something they put effort into getting. It is similar in mechanic to the Raven so it should be compared to it.

Go read what the topic creator asks for.

Now realize that the raven glider, which was used as reference to size, is already insanely problematic in certain content (say gliding to Xera).

This is not about getting or not getting the glider. It is about how much you get on other people's nerves and are obstructing their gameplay.

Hence why I said: an option to disable other player's gliders is required. Just how other visual clutter needs options to toggle (similar how it was done to sound).

I'm sorry you disagree, but if you want something changed, bring reasonable arguments. "Because I want" is not a reasonable argument which will get a lot of people's support, especially when you are obstructing the vision. Ergo the status quo remains in place.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:It should be bigger than the Raven spirit one.

God no. If anything shrink that one.

Raven Gliders are already the most difficult part of the Xera fight.The only time I ever failed the gliding at Xera was because of Raven gliders, and not being able to make out the position of my character on screen, thinking I had reached the platform already.

Gemstore items obstructing gameplay for others shouldn't be a thing, and we certainly don't need more of it.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Now realize that the raven glider, which was used as reference to size, is already insanely problematic in certain content (say gliding to Xera).

This is not about getting or not getting the glider. It is about how much you get on other people's nerves and are obstructing their gameplay.

Hence why I said: an option to disable other player's gliders is required. Just how other visual clutter needs options to toggle (similar how it was done to sound).

I'm sorry you disagree, but if you want something changed, bring reasonable arguments. "Because I want" is not a reasonable argument which will get a lot of people's support, especially when you are obstructing the vision. Ergo the status quo remains in place.

The only unreasonable argument here is yours - "I dislike the Raven glider therefore you should not change anything in regards to this one" / I provided screenshot evidence where you can definitely see the disproportion in size & scaling. The fact that you dislike these types of gliders in general is not an argument for not adjusting evident proportion issues in this one - and yes, using it yourself does help understand what some of us are saying here. Do you own the glider? Did you even see it in game ? I highly doubt that.

@Arannya.8324 said:

@Arannya.8324 said:I wonder how many of you commenting against this idea actually own the glider. I watched the dulfy video and immediately went on spending gold trying to get it, never even crossed my mind that it might be too small as this isn't directly obvious in that preview. The glider does not scale in proportion to your character's size as other skins normally do and so the body is sticking out making it look awkward, it is obviously too small. I get that everyone has personal preferences but don't include dye choices as argument to discussion - if you don't like it, don't buy it but let others enjoy something they put effort into getting. It is similar in mechanic to the Raven so it should be compared to it.

The only unreasonable argument here is yours - "I dislike the Raven glider therefore you should not change anything in regards to this one" / I provided screenshot evidence where you can definitely see the disproportion in size & scaling. The fact that you dislike these types of gliders in general is not an argument for not adjusting evident proportion issues in this one - and yes, using it yourself does help understand what some of us are saying here. Do you own the glider? Did you even see it in game ? I highly doubt that.

Read again. I didn't say I dislike the raven glider. I actually like it quite a bit.

I said it impairs other people's ability to play the game. Big difference. Now this might not be of interest to you while playing only open world content. The moment where you actually are hindered by a visual effect in content though, that is when I draw the line (and I gave the example of the Xera fight where gliding has an important part).

I'm going to repeat for the third time what I said was my criteria for agreeing to such a change: the ability to toggle off other people's gliders.

Also as mentioned: if you want the ststus quo to change, bring reasonable arguments. Where is the benefit to the game for increasing the glider in size? Especially considering the size ratio demanded.

I have it and that's why I made the post.

@Asum.4960 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:It should be bigger than the Raven spirit one.

God no. If anything shrink that one.

Raven Gliders are already the most difficult part of the Xera fight.The only time I ever failed the gliding at Xera was because of Raven gliders, and not being able to make out the position of my character on screen, thinking I had reached the platform already.

Gemstore items obstructing gameplay for others shouldn't be a thing, and we certainly don't need more of it.

Xera is like 0.1% of the whole content, forbid big glider simply due to one raid encounter? Do you realize how bad it was?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Arannya.8324 said:I wonder how many of you commenting against this idea actually own the glider. I watched the dulfy video and immediately went on spending gold trying to get it, never even crossed my mind that it might be too small as this isn't directly obvious in that preview. The glider does not scale in proportion to your character's size as other skins normally do and so the body is sticking out making it look awkward, it is obviously too small. I get that everyone has personal preferences but don't include dye choices as argument to discussion - if you don't like it, don't buy it but let others enjoy something they put effort into getting. It is similar in mechanic to the Raven so it should be compared to it.

Read again. I didn't say I dislike the raven glider. I actually like it quite a bit.

I said it impairs other people's ability to play the game. Big difference. Now this might not be of interest to you while playing only open world content. The moment where you actually are hindered by a visual effect in content though, that is when I draw the line (and I gave the example of the Xera fight where gliding has an important part).

I'm going to repeat for the third time what I said was my criteria for agreeing to such a change: the ability to toggle off other people's gliders.

Also as mentioned: if you want the ststus quo to change, bring reasonable arguments. Where is the benefit to the game for increasing the glider in size? Especially considering the size ratio demanded.

That's like 0.1% of the whole content, why does it matter? Just tell your group members not to use this glider that's all.

We buy glider skin because it looks cool ,and make it bigger would make it look cooler, simple as that.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

I have it and that's why I made the post.

I know you do, I meant those who comment against your idea.

@Cyninja.2954 saidI'm going to repeat for the third time what I said was my criteria for agreeing to such a change: the ability to toggle off other people's gliders.

And I am going to repeat for the last time, it is disproportionate and ridiculous on some characters regarding size/scale.. proportions are way off, character is oversized in comparison. I cannot make it any more simpler than that. I brought plenty of reasonable arguments including screenshot evidence and you continue on your story with Xera and Raven gliders which really should not be linked to fixing a completely different glider. It's not even about making it look cooler, it's about making it look right.

Archived