Kind of unfair

InJustice.8327

So as of the last patch the FireBrand was nerfed from doing high dps of 48k damage, which is insane and im glad it got nerfed. But I feel it got nerfed a bit too much, because now with the same rotation, food, stats, and boons I get average of 26k dps (that is a 22k dps drop) on the golem (in which numbers are much different, while doing end game content such as raiding due to the factors of mechanics, dodging, etc..). With saying this I believe it was unfair to nerf it as much as it was because, yes it does give boons, but not enough boons to show impact like a cps warrior, or a chrono where they are giving a ton of boons or really important boons in place of their dps. The firebrand doesn't do that, the firebrands boons when it comes to playing a dps support are more gap fillers than anything. Filling in that last 3-6 stacks of might for the cps warrior, or that 4 seconds of needed quickness, and the occasional stability (which is usually covered by another class in raids). And yes I realize it does have its healing applications but i'm talking more about the dps support not full support.

I believe the firebrand maybe shouldn't get a buff to the damage output as it stands, but maybe a buff to the utility output such as quickness, stability, and might, so that it can fulfill one of those roles and not be left out because "We need higher dps classes" or "your class doesn't bring enough utility, bring 'x' class instead".

I just wanted to bring this up because I personally love the playstyle of firebrand and I will continue to play it. I just want it to not become one of those classes that isn't used because it doesn't bring enough to the table, And I personally feel that if the boons have increased time or bigger output without becoming full support it wont become one of those classes/specs.

Thank you for reading and if I am wrong about anything I am sorry, I just want to express how I felt about the new patch for firebrand and what I think would help it.

Also please keep in mind that firebrand as a dps/semi-support class currently is very squishy, little cc (using axe/torch it only has axe 3 and then going into its f1 number 3) and unless swapping to a tome that has no damage output, has very little mobility.

The problem for me is that Firebrand now is very high dependent of a group to be able to DPS - Quickfire and Tome of Justice 5.

They could change its mechanics a bit so it become more self suficient to DPS. Like nerf/change Quickfire and Tome of Justice 5, but for compensation buff other skills a bit, so you don't get so much discrepancy when solo compared to on group.

The class on PvE is main DPS, the support it brings doesn't even comes close to what Chrono/Berserker/Druid bring.

Haven't tested it myself since the nerf but 26k seems rather low. Are you by any chance comparing the 48k of a prenerf setup with mesmer clones to actually proc ashes of the just and quickfire with a postnerf setup without mesmer clones. A full group added something like 15k damage and since quickfire is the same and ashes of the just from tome 5 went down to 2 stacks from 3 but those 2 stacks are 20 percent stronger so tome 5 should end up only being 20% weaker and quickfire is still the same so the added bonus from being in a 5 man group should still be atleast 10k dps.

@abullenfla.9632 said:Haven't tested it myself since the nerf but 26k seems rather low. Are you by any chance comparing the 48k of a prenerf setup with mesmer clones to actually proc ashes of the just and quickfire with a postnerf setup without mesmer clones. A full group added something like 15k damage and since quickfire is the same and ashes of the just from tome 5 went down to 2 stacks from 3 but those 2 stacks are 20 percent stronger so tome 5 should end up only being 20% weaker and quickfire is still the same so the added bonus from being in a 5 man group should still be atleast 10k dps.

The Ashes of the Just is now only 1 stack, before was 2 (traited).

@felincyriac.5981 said:26k? Are you doing it solo?

I think he's someone else who read FBs did 48k and stopped there, ignoring the DPS meter was just tacking the party buff damage under the FB. I would 'blame' the DPS meter, or the coding involved that reads the damage as from the FB, more than I would the build itself. Imagine if the DPS meters calculated the % of damage that 25 Might granted to a group and tacked that % to a warrior's personal DPS.

That was my bad on behalf of not calculating that in (kind of slipped over my head o.o).. Just as kanto said i did only read it as 48k and stopped there :/ though before i was pushing 40k dps solo before.

But even so with higher dps with more people the utilities arent the greatest and the dps relies heavily on a group instead of solo, as I previously said and zealex said perfectly "But thing is, these goodies are already covered by other classes that do that as their job.". The utilities the Firebrand give now are as I said previously, just gap fillers to maximize that 100% uptime for quickness and might. I still believe even with the higher output of damage a little buff to the utility output would be reasonable.

Archived