Dragonsblood Axe, Chasing Tales 2 and 3 bugged?? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Dragonsblood Axe, Chasing Tales 2 and 3 bugged??

Georgy.7401Georgy.7401 Member ✭✭
edited January 9, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

I cannot seem to progress in the 2nd and 3rd chasing tales for the axe collection where you have to "slay four enemies sequentially within 20 seconds of one another" and "while at 10% total health or less, slay five opponents in 5 minutes"

Is anyone else experiencing this aswell? I tried everything and nothing seems to work.

I'm not sure how I keep getting bugs, with this sort of collections -.- I also happend to be one of those in last LW update with the heavy armor bug...

Hope we won't have to wait 2 weeks for a potentiel fix :)

Comments

• I can't get these either.

• Chrisco.5732Chrisco.5732 Member ✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

~~With #2 worked no problem, #3 seems to be bugged and wont progress. Tried it a bunch of different ways and different maps.

Also having any indication of the progress would be nice for example if you're 1/5 etc. ~~

Edit: It worked in the thunderhead keep area with the weapon equipped.

• Been trying today, still no progress on #2, killed so many mobs within a 20s window. Even been using the axe.

• I can say that I've killed well over 5 enemies while very much under 10% health, while holding the dragonsblood axe, while in the thunderhead peaks area, and have not gotten the respective achievement. This is either a very specific thing to get, or is bugged and is not registering. Also, I got the achievement for killing 30 enemies on the map after only killing about 6. So, I'm betting bugged achievement. But the kill enemies while under 10% health is not as easy as it looks and would appreciate if it could be looked at and fixed.

• After hours of running around Thunderhead Peaks I randomly got credit for stage 2, leaving me with stage 3 : kill a bunch of enemies while I have less than 10% hp left. This is insanely frustrating since most level 80 mobs do more than 10% of my hp in one hit and, it seems based on previous achievements and other posts that most of the time the achievement doesn't even register successful kills. Plus it isn't clear if you need to be in Thunderhead Peaks or not, or if you need to use the axe, or an axe or what?

• Loki.4871Loki.4871 Member ✭✭

I'll chip in with the 'I'm having real trouble triggering this, assuming it's not just bugged' crowd. It feels like it's one of the good idea in theory ideas; if you're doing this you need to hope there's no-one nearby to help you, god help you if there's a guardian who decides to help and is all-round extremely punishing.

• Moi.5013Moi.5013 Member ✭✭

Does killing them in downed state count? Might be a good way to get it if it works? I started on the focus and that one appears bugged as well, I did all 3 mini achievements but only 2 seem to have counted :(

• Gaesesagai.9421Gaesesagai.9421 Member ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

I've finished the Chasing Tales: Harkon Hakson the Maelstrom today, so they're not bugged.
    For the Chasing Tales: Enduring Hatred just do a meta and wield an axe and it should be done.
    For Chasing Tales: Like a Wounded Beast, someone posted on reddit an easy way to do it and it works:

• Use a necromancer
    • Use corruption skills to lower your health to below 10%
    • Activate Shroud and kill stuff fast
      South of the heart in the Grotto, there are some rooms with spiders. At the back end of the room there are several spider hatchlings (4 of them I think). Great spot to do it since the spiders don't have any dangerous attack and are easily kited.

Edit: The Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler cannot be completed at the moment. If you look on the wiki you'll notice both Chasing Tales: Storm's Eye and Chasing Tales: Torrent of Magic achievements give you the same reward: Chasing Tales: Storm's Eye. And since I imagine the main achievement needs the Chasing Tales: Torrent of Magic reward to check the 3rd deed, it can't be done.

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2019

I did the spider thing with the dragon axe at least 15 times, no achievement.
    Same for the 20sec cd; I did meta events, I did spiders, I used a 20sec cd skill, I used a chrono, I change map, repeat, I change character, repeat ... is it 20 sec between each mobs or for all ? repeat ... no achievement .... ragequit.
    This is kitten; at least if we could have a little icon or something to indicate the window or the progress...

• @Moi.5013 said:
    Does killing them in downed state count? Might be a good way to get it if it works? I started on the focus and that one appears bugged as well, I did all 3 mini achievements but only 2 seem to have counted :(

I was wondering about this too and I tried it multiple times. Sadly, it didn’t work either.

• I have now tried this achievement again on the spiders south of the Barracks, on two different classes, and can concretely confirm that his achievement is genuinely bugged or broken. As per other people's suggestion, I killed the veteran spider and it's 4 hatchlings, totaling 5 enemies, while absolutely below 10& health (I was at ~650HP out of ~21,600 max) on my dual axe wielding warrior, and did not get the achievement. I then went on to kill another 6 spiders around the room, all at below 2100HP, all within 5 minutes of the initial kill, now totaling 10 enemies withing 5 minutes and below 10% health, and got no achievement. I swapped to my ranger wielding only an axe and torch, and proceeded to do the same thing at a constant and unbroken ~339 HP, again killing the veteran spider and it's hatchling, and then proceeding around the room killing several other trash mobs. Throughout this whole process I never entered downed state nor did I exit combat or heal above 10%. Thinking it might be because of conditions, I proceeded to use only axe autoattack, with nothing but the one axe equipped as a weapon, with my pet on passive, and again killed the veteran spider, it's minions, and another 4 or 5 spiders nearby, all while at ~174 HP, never once breaking combat. I still do not have the achievement. It is one hundred percent nonfunctional for my account.

• @Gaesesagai.9421 said:
    For Chasing Tales: Like a Wounded Beast, someone posted on reddit an easy way to do it and it works:

• Use a necromancer
    • Use corruption skills to lower your health to below 10%
    • Activate Shroud and kill stuff fast

Yeah, I tried the necromancer thing. Had enemies attack me to get under 10% health (was at 25 hp for one group) and killed several groups of enemies in shroud. Should have sufficed for the achievement three times over but did not get it. It's bugged.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still can't get Enduring Hatred.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.