poi's locked behind story isn't fun

Kelly.7019

I've already completed story on my main but I like map completing on my other toons and don't really feel like going through story all over again on all my 17 toons. I'm rather sure you don't have to go thru all the story just part of it. The poi in question is East of "Brechnar's Gaunlet" and not the one northEast of there that you have to do metas for. This one, the first run thru there was some tablet next to "Frodak Steelar" and i simplely opened a purple/fuschia gate and walked on in. Now on my other toons that haven't started story there is no tablet to be seen and it appears the only way in is thru a gate?

Maybe you have to do metas for all the gates? idk, i didn't have to on my first toon. Maybe i'm blind and missed something. I know, i know, it's day 1. :DDulfy will have guide later, but anyone know how to get this poi?

So i re-did the first part of the story step to get to the map. Tedious! But no luck, didn't help anything. I really hope that i just missed it and you don't have to go all the way through story to get it for each of your alts.

edit: i believe "the Consul's Tomb poi" is locked behind story :( sad day for my multiple other toons that won't be visiting this map.

I tried this this afternoon, and that POI is accessible during the dwarven tomb puzzle. You have to give a Light of Deldrimor Plate to Frodak and he gives you the purple rune stone (solving the puzzle will alos give you the "The Hammer's Hoard" POI. This is limited to 1 Character per day though :/ , for additional characters you'll need a friendly mesmer)

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Agree. You can lock points behind METAS or what ever, but dont lock them like this.

Both points can be accessed by doing both metas or buying the item(s) off the TP to gain access. Teleport to Friend stones and Mesmer portals work too. The point at the bottom can be accessed with the story but you already know that I’m sure.

@"lukey.8951" said:I tried this this afternoon, and that POI is accessible during the dwarven tomb puzzle. You have to give a [Light of Deldrimor Plate] [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_of_Deldrimor_Plate] to Frodak and he gives you the purple rune stone (solving the puzzle will alos give you the "The Hammer's Hoard" POI.

Given that the Light of Deldrimor Plate and its components are tradeable, I'm now mostly OK with the "Hammer's Hoard" POI being locked behind the two map metas and doing the dwarven tomb puzzle. I still don't like it, but I can live with it.

I'm not OK with the "Consul's Tomb" POI, though. The only reliable way to get it is by going through the story. Frodak gives you a random color in exchange for the Light of Deldrimor Plate - it may or may not be purple - so it's effectively gated behind RNG and the map metas if you try to get that POI while doing the dwarven tomb puzzle. Also, the veteran skelk in the chamber is buggy and can hand out no plate at all or another purple plate, which is insultingly useless.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:Agree. You can lock points behind METAS or what ever, but dont lock them like this.

Both points can be accessed by doing both metas or buying the item(s) off the TP to gain access. Teleport to Friend stones and Mesmer portals work too. The point at the bottom can be accessed with the story but you already know that I’m sure.I can't agree that this is a "fun" way to complete a map. It's certainly doable, but it's tedious and/or expensive and most of all, it's not at all enjoyable for me.

The item on the TP costs 9 gold. The two metas don't run often. That doesn't seem keeping in the spirit of prior map completions. Even the most egregious others currently require at most one map completion and zero resource spending.

I can just about see that the jewels required for the dragonsblood weapons are gated behind two metas and a puzzle; I don't accept that ANet really expects us to do it for a map completion that is no more rewarding than any other map (and already takes longer than probably any other LS map).

I really like this map. It might turn out to be among my favorites... but this is (for me) a blemish that could spoil it all.

@hugo.4705 said:yeah but they should do it with the purple one too! Not everyone after 99% of map completed want to do the story to unlock that one, in addition it's not the first story step so you lose more time! But that fix is greatly appreciated can concede that.

Is there a POI in the purple room? I didn't think so. I thought the other POI was at the top of the ramps/catwalks, above all the gated rooms.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781Nah they are three of them, one in green room, one in purple and one at the summit ^^ I can relate, the purple was the missing one for me this morning. A nice chrono teleported me.

Btw it was the one mentionned by the Op, the tomb one. It's the only one locked behind story in addition of metas, the green one is locked behind metas.

@hugo.4705 said:@Illconceived Was Na.9781Nah they are three of them, one in green room, one in purple and one at the summit ^^ I can relate, the purple was the missing one for me this morning. A nice chrono teleported me.

Btw it was the one mentionned by the Op, the tomb one. It's the only one locked behind story, the green one is locked behind metas.

Technically you can access the one in the purple room by doing the metas.

Yeah but you see? We return to the same problem, and since the drop rates of the two plates parts isn't 100%, well you see the issue, you can't complete the map in one run apart if quite lucky.Note that you aren't sure to have purple lol, it selects 3 random rooms.

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah but you see? We return to the same problem, and since the drop rates of the two plates parts isn't 100%, well you see the issue, you can't complete the map in one run apart if quite lucky.Note that you aren't sure to have purple lol, it selects 3 random rooms.

Two plates?

True that you could end up not getting the purple room. However, depending on the number of characters you have, whether you’re going for the weapons, and whether you’re trying to complete the achievement for the final chest, you’ll have more than enough opportunities to get that POI on all of your characters.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@hugo.4705 said:~~@Illconceived Was Na.9781 ~~Nah they are three of them, one in green room, one in purple and one at the summit ^^ I can relate, the purple was the missing one for me this morning. A nice chrono teleported me.

Btw it was the one mentionned by the Op, the tomb one.
It's the only one locked behind story
, the green one is locked behind metas.

Technically you can access the one in the purple room by doing the metas.

I think you jumbled up the quotes. I didn't write what is quoted above.

@"lukey.8951" said:I tried this this afternoon, and that POI is accessible during the dwarven tomb puzzle. You have to give a Light of Deldrimor Plate to Frodak and he gives you the purple rune stone (solving the puzzle will alos give you the "The Hammer's Hoard" POI. This is limited to 1 Character per day though :/ , for additional characters you'll need a friendly mesmer)

You can actually join another instance while you still hold Light of Deldrimor (or whatever that skills is called) and still use all of the plate ports you have placed. Then, if you go to the red room with the library (the first room) you can get another plate for the bottom doors. If you can do your first instance and then join two more you can unlock every room within the time limit, I did this on my first run. If you do any of the other rooms however, you only get that same room plate back ie. blue room gives you the blue plate and so on, so do not even bother with those.

True that you could end up not getting the purple room. However, depending on the number of characters you have, whether you’re going for the weapons, and whether you’re trying to complete the achievement for the final chest, you’ll have more than enough opportunities to get that POI on all of your characters.

I think it's tricky. If u have 99% of the map completed on say 5 toons (which you don't play often cause they are alts) You have to stay on that one toon for X number of days until the right room pops with the poi u need, then switch to the next toon with 99% and so on. It becomes very tedious to make sure you're on the right toon on the right day to unlock the last poi and if you have lots of toons, keeping track isn't as easy as just jumping on 1 toon and clearing the full map then switching to the next toon. But i see what they were doing.

Archived