Should i get the Living world 2 complete story unlock? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Should i get the Living world 2 complete story unlock?

Hi guys, just wondering is it worth to spend 1280 gems on the complete living world 2 story (20% promotion)? is it crucial or a must have? Rather than paying 1600 gems eventually...

Comments

• Tanner Blackfeather.6509Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

If you enjoy playing story, absolutely! It's the story that directly leads into Heart of Thorns, and introduces a couple of things that matters in later stories.

If story isn't very interesting to you, you can skip LS2, since the maps are open for everyone.

• We can only tell you waht you'll get with the ls2. Whether that's worth it for you is a decision only you can make.
    The most important things you'll get:

• Story
    • Carapace armour set
    • Luminous armour set
    • Central tyria mastery points
    • Mawdrey, which is a bloodstone dust eater to turn your excess bloodstone dust into something more useful

There are NO maps locked behind unlocking the ls2 story.

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• DHung.5263DHung.5263 Member ✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

Thanks for the useful information :)

How about lw3 and 4? I heard there’s some ascended gears associated with the storyline...

• Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

@DHung.5263 said:
    How about lw3 and 4? I heard there’s some ascended gears associated with the storyline...

LS3 has easy access to ascended trinkets. Basically, you farm the map currency and buy them from vendors. It's a bit of a grind, but an easy grind. The story is good and the maps are mostly unique and still quite active due to the easy ascended stuff. Each episode opens a new map. There's a mastery track that's only really useful on those maps, although you do get a useful Downed skill out of it.

LS4 has, in my opinion, the best story. Each episode opens a new map. Istan is gold-farming central. Kourma has beetle mounts. Thunderhead has diviner's stat gear.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ls2 has the best constructed story, but lacks the production values and dialogue to elevate it
    Ls3 had the worst story but the most variety of maps. I find them quite fun to mess around in
    Ls4 has the best production. Story and maps are rather inconsistent, although it started strongly.

All in my opinion. Id say ls2 is worth it ultimately though

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• thanks guys for all the info :)

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:
    LS4 has, in my opinion, the best story.

It's turning out that way. A lot of LS3 felt like it was random twists for the sake of twists, and the pacing was weird, and it mostly existed to set up the expansion, like LS2. But LS4 doesn't so much seem like filler content as it does the second and third acts of a single cohesive PoF/LS4 story. Can't be certain until the season ends (at least, I think this was the next to last episode), but the whole thing seems to flow together pretty naturally.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.