Leveling build that uses, Staff?

Odokuro.5049

I really LOVE the staff on a revenant, as well as the hammer on switch for ranged dps. Any chance that there is a viable leveling build for this weapon setup till I get my hands on elite specs?

I was thinking something like the following:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlMQJAWinXNuNSqJ7JR/kVlsgyrS4QZWJYrcskFNFRt2tetFC0gt863A-jxRBABGfJFuS5nZKBB4JFw/+D4prhS1fWHMAMTykMzcmZmpRmZmZmZKFQELjA-e

for leveling in PvE maps, every build is viable. sure some might do it more efficiently, but you should be able to do it with basically any build.you wont really have all those traits and the ability to use lvl 80 equipment that you have in your listed build while leveling tho. once you hit lvl 80 just join a quick HP run on the HoT maps or ask in map chat for help and you should have your elite spec in no time. ( at least here on EU there are still frequent HP runs)

Staff's damage while inferior to real dps weapon (sword) is still respectable as a power weapon. If you really like it you can use it, sure, it's about freedom.However the real value of staff comes from using it as your 2nd weapon. Unless you're herald, you will quickly notice that when soloing harder content (Heart of Thorns/Path of Fire) having a staff is crucial, especially vs harder hero points (champs). It is the difference between putting up a fight or a fast brutal wipe, especially vs melee enemies that your ranged defenses can't shake.

I would change the Invocation's Grandmaster trait to Song of the Mist as upkeep skills dont take up as much energy anymore. swapping to Shiro in combat should inflict invulnerable on enemies for 10% damage Minor Master . and maybe Notoriety for some extra power in the Major Devastation trait.

As mentioned above, you can use whatever build you want for leveling. Staff won't yield as much dps as swords, but you can still get through content. I leveled my first revenant with staff and Ventari, using mostly Magi's and Cleric's gear, so yeah...anything is possible lol. Good advice from the above posters though.

@Tataienstein.7581 said:Side question, for staff lover ( having a melee staff in build. NOT necessarily using as main) is thief better for that? Or is thief just irrelevant

Thief's staff is a fantastic weapon and overall a very fun playstyle. It has a versatile kit and IMO is quite balanced. I would say it serves better as a primary weapon than Rev's staff, which fits better as a complementary weapon. The weapon is great for both classes, but they serve different purposes (in my opinion).

Archived