server change - account bound items / lvl 80-boost

going to start playing some GW2 agian, but wanted to change servers therefor i have a few questions before i delete my character and move.

my current character (lvl 40) that i plan on removing to transfer free, has some account bound items, aswell as the lvl 80-boost i received back when i bought Heart of Thorns and gem store items (gathering tools, costume)

i read something about an account bank, where you can store these items, but how exactly do i do it?

You can go to any crafting station and click on the bag icon. That is your "Account" bank. You can also go to LA or any racial city and access the bank there. Alternative is any WvW map, look for the NPC with the bag icon over its head.

Edit: If you don't want to delete the character, some expansion purchases came with one free transfer. Also keep in mind that world transfer is relative to WvW only. PvE is MegaServer based.

You can't lose or delete the level 80 boost. It's in a shared inventory slot so it's accessible to all your characters and can't be removed from there without using it (which requires several confirmation screens). Even if you delete all your characters it will still be there when you make a new one.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:Can I ask a maybe stupid question? If you do the server transfer, does it just basically change your WvW server and nothing else? No need to do anything on characters etc?

Servers are only used for WvW. Everything else is shared across all servers in a region. And yes, if you transfer then everything on your account moves with you - all your characters, items, guilds etc. stay the same. Some people will delete characters so they get a free transfer, and then you have to be careful about moving any items you want to save into the bank, but if you pay to transfer you don't lose anything. (And you don't need to rename any characters because names are game-wide.)

Archived