Hammer's Hoard Treasure, no plate from Graveling/Purple Room (minor map/puzzle spoilers) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hammer's Hoard Treasure, no plate from Graveling/Purple Room (minor map/puzzle spoilers)

Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

For the Hammer's Hoard PoI, I combined my two pieces of the LoD plate and traded that to Frodak. I did the first puzzle (the one with the dredge laser guns) to get the purple plate. I've been back to that room and killed the Graveling over half a dozen times and am not getting the next plate.

Any clues on how to continue?

For the immediate moment, that character got the POI by accepting a mesmer teleport into the room (Teleport to Friend isn't enough, because you are booted out of the room.)

Recommended work-around:

• Before starting the puzzle, arrange for a port to the green room.
  • After ensuring that, exchange the plate-item to the dwarf for the LoD effect
  • Take the port and grab your hidden treasure in the green room.
  • You then can start the puzzle in its intended fashion, without worrying about any bugs in the system.

If you arrived to this thread midway through, use LFG to find someone porting to the green/treasure room and start at the third step (i.e. take the port, grab the hidden treasure).

It is not worth trying to kill the Graveling and force it to drop its plate; it simply wastes too much time that you don't have.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

Comments

• This is a bug for me too! the veteran is not dropping the plate! i've been stuck for ages redoing it. I quit the story as a test, this did not help, i a pretty sure it's bugged.

• @BlackDeath.4398 said:
    This is a bug for me too! the veteran is not dropping the plate! i've been stuck for ages redoing it. I quit the story as a test, this did not help, i a pretty sure it's bugged.

In another thread, someone said that the plate only shows for a single player, on the ground, immediately after the graveling's death. So it might just be random (and you might want to try dealing the killing blow if you can). Hopefully that was not intended and either way, hopefully they'll change it so it's not so random.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Heisenberg.1482Heisenberg.1482 Member ✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

Exact same problem. Npc gave me a blue plate. Blue room gave me a purple plate. Purple room Vet gave me nothing. Defeated the vet at least 10 times or more but no drop. got very upset with game and map chat... sorry.

I don't see any point in doing map metas until I know for sure the rooms/plates are fixed.

• Yeah seem bugged. And you can get plate from wrong room... i get purple plate from purple room and gold plate from gold room...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.