Friend crashes from joining my story instance and cannot re-enter — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Friend crashes from joining my story instance and cannot re-enter

I am looking for some help/findings/suggestions.

A friend of me crashes a lot in the game (especially in expansion maps (Verdant Brink is unplayable non stop crashes) and story instances). The reason for this we know (something with hardware requirements and 100% cpu generation by game)... But when I start a story instance and let a friend join in, and my friend crashes, she will be back outside of this instance and can never join in again. Entering story instance creates a new one. If I get out of mine and restart from start, my friend just crashes again so this doesn't help. Having my friend start the story instance just kicks both of us outside.

Does someone know of any way so that someone that crashes logs back into your story instance? We remain in party when this happens.

Comments

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

it's been like this since day 1, other players are 'supporting actors' in your personal story, if a non-story instance owner leaves they cannot get back in, or if the story instance owner leaves everyone else get kicked.

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.