Race for druid ranger?

gaymer.1648

All the races have ways to RP rangers. Druids, not as much.

An Asura druid could be a member of the College of Synergetics and probably the Durmand Priory, studying the Eternal Alchemy through oneness with nature and ancient lore.

For the Sylvari, being so close to nature and descended from Maguuma as they are, druidry comes to them naturally.

The Norn are an ancient race of semi-wild hunters whose ancestors walked Tyria at the same time as the original human druids. No reason they couldn't follow in those footsteps.

Human druids could be favored by Melandru at character creation, and might even have distant druid ancestry.

The only race it's hard for me to imagine as a druid would be Charr, unless maybe you wanted to RP as an Olmakhan. Rangers in the Legions would tend to be more practical scout and skirmisher types, I think.

@gaymer.1648 said:OK thanks! I know that the first utility/healing spell you get (default #6 key) for each race is different but I didn't know if that would factor in when healing others. That's mainly why I was asking about this.

The racial skills are never particularly powerful (although they sometimes have uses). The druid healing glyph or healing spirit both overshadow the racial heals.

Archived