Dragonsblood weapons shouldn't cost laurels

Can someone look into why the new dragonsblood weapon set is time gated behind laurels and does not have a branded mass currency cost like it should. Requiring 80 laurels just to be able to access the heroic ascended set is pretty lazy and a significant time-gate to wait behind.

Change it to something map/new season story related instead of just using old code from the laurel vendor

@"MrFrusciante.2438" said:Can someone look into why the new dragonsblood weapon set is time gated behind laurels and does not have a branded mass currency cost like it should. Requiring 80 laurels just to be able to access the heroic ascended set is pretty lazy and a significant time-gate to wait behind.

Change it to something map/new season story related instead of just using old code from the laurel vendor

Where did you get it cost 80? It cost 5 laurels. Also yes it cost branded mass as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ae9fih/process_for_crafting_ascended_dragonsblood_weapons/

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@"MrFrusciante.2438" said:Can someone look into why the new dragonsblood weapon set is time gated behind laurels and does not have a branded mass currency cost like it should. Requiring 80 laurels just to be able to access the heroic ascended set is pretty lazy and a significant time-gate to wait behind.

Where did you get it cost 80? It cost 5 laurels. Also yes it cost branded mass as well.

80 for all 16 weapons. From my understanding you need to have crafted all 16 exotic weapons before the ascended set unlocks from the collection achieve reward. Also I know the weapon itself costs branded. The recipe should cost Branded masses as well instead of a currency that requires us to log in every day for 2 and a half months before we can even start the ascended set.

@MrFrusciante.2438 said:

@MrFrusciante.2438 said:Can someone look into why the new dragonsblood weapon set is time gated behind laurels and does not have a branded mass currency cost like it should. Requiring 80 laurels just to be able to access the heroic ascended set is pretty lazy and a significant time-gate to wait behind.

80 for all 16 weapons. From my understanding you need to have crafted all 16 exotic weapons before the ascended set unlocks from the collection achieve reward.

You are misinformed. You only need to craft the exotic weapon before unlocking the ability to craft the counterpart.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@MrFrusciante.2438 said:Can someone look into why the new dragonsblood weapon set is time gated behind laurels and does not have a branded mass currency cost like it should. Requiring 80 laurels just to be able to access the heroic ascended set is pretty lazy and a significant time-gate to wait behind.

80 for all 16 weapons. From my understanding you need to have crafted all 16 exotic weapons before the ascended set unlocks from the collection achieve reward.

You are misinformed. You only need to craft the exotic weapon before unlocking the ability to craft the counterpart.

oh? well I hope that is the case, I will see tomorrow when I get laurels. thanks for the info.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:The laurel cost makes sense because when you finish the collection for the exotic weapon, you get the ascended recipe automatically.

Wait. You craft the exotic Dragonsblood Greatsword, and upon finishing it, you receive its ascended counterpart's recipe for free? Is that correct? :o If so, rejoice, people! That will make things a lot easier than I thought.

Still, I feel that Laurels should be added to the Tyrian Exchange Voucher as a second means of acquisition.

@Memoranda.9386 said:It seems to work similar to the Stellar/Astral weapons from Domain of Istan. Craft the exotic to unlock the recipe for the Ascended version.

I haven't looked into the new weapons yet, but if it does work like the Stellar weapons, you only need to craft 1 exotic weapon to unlock the ability to craft all the ascended weapons. I've made 9 (?) of the Stellar weapons, and can tell you I haven't made the exotic Lunar versions of any of them since the 1st one.

edit: unless I'm remembering wrong.

@Odinens.5920 said:

@Memoranda.9386 said:It seems to work similar to the Stellar/Astral weapons from Domain of Istan. Craft the exotic to unlock the recipe for the Ascended version.

I haven't looked into the new weapons yet, but if it does work like the Stellar weapons, you only need to craft 1 exotic weapon to unlock the ability to craft all the ascended weapons. I've made 9 (?) of the Stellar weapons, and can tell you I haven't made the exotic Lunar versions of any of them since the 1st one.

edit: unless I'm remembering wrong.

Yeah I can't remember; it's been awhile.

According to the Wiki you do only need to craft one Astral weapon to unlock all Stellar weapon recipes for purchase.

I just made the staff, and no, nothing is free. The grind is much less than Elegy/Requiem armor but it's heavily time-gated by the amount of Exquisite Serpentine Jewels dropped from meta events. You get between 3 and 0-2 RNG per day, so you can only make maximum1 weapon/day. It takes continuous 32 days to complete the full ascended set.

Exotic recipe costs 500 Volatile Magic + 5 laurelsAscended collection unlock (=recipe) costs 5 gold + 100 Branded MassjBtfj19.jpgTiDXXkN.jpgNEShpjb.jpgYTNF5EV.jpg

I feel like it's an easier goal than Stellar/Astral set. Aesthetically, Dragonsblood set is a perfect match to the Requiem armor.

I have a couple hundred laurels ready so I don't mind.

It's 2 months for every weapon if you have absolutely no laurels, which doesn't sound too unreasonable imo. Most people have them flying around or are saving them like me (oh thanks legendary for making the price of totems and blood double <3 I'm rich btw)

Archived