Fix The Oil Mission

TheGrimm.5624

• 3 months later...

@khaadim.7856 said:this is just bad mechanics. ive spent HOURS on this and i evidently dont have the hand-eye coordination for it or something. i just want to finish the kitten story lol

A couple of tips:

• The oil doesn't have to touch, there can be some space between each spill (the first will leap across it).
  • One of the three dishes has a fence between it and the initial flame; do that one last (it's the trickiest and is much easier once you've gotten the hang of the technique)
  • Start at the dish/broken vehicle, working your way towards the flame/ignition point.
  • Take your time; don't rush.

@khaadim.7856 said:this is just bad mechanics. ive spent HOURS on this and i evidently dont have the hand-eye coordination for it or something. i just want to finish the kitten story lol

There is no coordination required. It's a puzzle and you have plenty of time to complete it. If you've spent hours on it, it's because you're doing something wrong. If I had to guess, I'd say that you're trying to build the oil trail from the fire to the target. Try building the trail from the vehicle back to the fire so the final oil spill connects the chain to the flame and only then does it consume the trail you've created. Also, remember that just because you can't pass through a barrier doesn't mean the fire can't!

Personally, I think it would be cool if the oil barrels acted like the vaccums in caudicus manor p3. Six "drop oil" skills on cooldown to make it clear that there are six avalable oil spills and how long before you can replace your spill. I think it would have made the mission a wee bit easier...

Then again, they have been playing with the oil mechanic since ls3 ep 4, so it's nothing new.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

There is no coordination required. It's a puzzle and you have plenty of time to complete it. If you've spent hours on it, it's because you're doing something wrong. If I had to guess, I'd say that you're trying to build the oil trail from the fire to the target. Try building the trail from the vehicle back to the fire so the final oil spill connects the chain to the flame and only then does it consume the trail you've created. Also, remember that just because you can't pass through a barrier doesn't mean the fire can't!

my bro i have done all of those things and more, ive gone over the fence, around the fence, over the rocks, all over the god damn place but i suppose im literally just too stupid to figure it out

@khaadim.7856 said:

my bro i have done all of those things and more, ive gone over the fence, around the fence, over the rocks, all over the god kitten place but i suppose im literally just too stupid to figure it out

Perhaps take a video showing what you are doing? If there really is some kind of bug then a video is worth way more than some words.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

my bro i have done all of those things and more, ive gone over the fence, around the fence, over the rocks, all over the god kitten place but i suppose im literally just too stupid to figure it out

Perhaps take a video showing what you are doing? If there really is some kind of bug then a video is worth way more than some words.

i always get close but never can get it right

@khaadim.7856 said:

My suggestion: don't lay your trail of oil through the support beam of the fence, since it tends to block the path of fire. Try going through the criss-crossed wire fence section instead... and don't get creative. It's much simpler than some of the methods you try in the video xD

@khaadim.7856 said:

You need to be spacing them out more.

i guess my point is if im STILL doing something wrong after spending Literal Hours on this over a period of several days & im far from the only complaint, maybe they need to consider changing something. i dont know about yall but i dont have the kind of free time to keep doing this over and over indefinitely in slightly different ways

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

You need to be spacing them out more.

Also maybe don't start the trail on the corner. That did not work for me when I was doing it on my second play through.

Archived