[SPOILERS] Some comforting words (maybe)... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[SPOILERS] Some comforting words (maybe)...

Lucas.3718Lucas.3718 Member ✭✭
edited January 11, 2019 in Lore

Spoilers for e5

I know... we might have lost someone dear to us, Aurene, second scion of Glint and chosen to become eldar dragon. She was essential to become an eldar dragon for Glints plan to work, jet think of it like this: It was not a prophecy, It was a plan, something that could fail. but we achieved something today. We severly damaged Kralkatorrik and drained him of his magic, most of it at least. now he is severly weakened. Id say he is as weak as Zhaitan as he clinged to the tower before we finished him (in an anticlimactic way ). We are safe for now at least...

Comments

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    didnt taimi said kalk was growing stronger while in the mist chewing up the spirits? he's probably back in the mist chewing up more spirits as we speak

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • brenda.9723brenda.9723 Member ✭✭✭

    I think that kralky can heal his wounds more easily then that the commander can recover from his/her loss. :(

  • Sir Alric.5078Sir Alric.5078 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lucas.3718 said:
    Spoilers for e5

    I know... we might have lost someone dear to us, Aurene, second scion of Glint and chosen to become eldar dragon. She was essential to become an eldar dragon for Glints plan to work, jet think of it like this: It was not a prophecy, It was a plan, something that could fail. but we achieved something today. We severly damaged Kralkatorrik and drained him of his magic, most of it at least. now he is severly weakened. Id say he is as weak as Zhaitan as he clinged to the tower before we finished him (in an anticlimactic way ). We are safe for now at least...

    If left alone he will recover his power in no time, not to mention that without Aurene we can't kill him no matter how weakened he is (otherwise the planet goes BOOM! and we all die). So i think there must be a way to bring Aurene back to life like the Commander did in PoF, otherwise we are seriously screwed because there is no plan B in dealing with Elder Dragons. And Taimi randomly having an epiphany that allows her to come up with a completely new solution would make little to no sense.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage". We mostly need to regain our trust from the world as we know it. I don't think anybody will be keen to see the "heroes" who have failed once more and caused a lot of destruction.

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • @Blocki.4931 said:
    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage". We mostly need to regain our trust from the world as we know it. I don't think anybody will be keen to see the "heroes" who have failed once more and caused a lot of destruction.

    Kralkatorrik wasn't active, but he never went to sleep. He also suffered fairly minor physical damage. One crash landing into sand, and a few scratches by Eir and Glint. Nothing else, really.

    Every Elder Dragon ceased activity after their initial waking up. Zhaitan, the fastest to become active after waking up due to having a nation with ease of corruption, still took 10 years to become active and begin having his dead ship armada led by the Indomitable raid the Sea of Sorrows.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • Lord of the Fire.6870Lord of the Fire.6870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage". We mostly need to regain our trust from the world as we know it. I don't think anybody will be keen to see the "heroes" who have failed once more and caused a lot of destruction.

    Kralkatorrik wasn't active, but he never went to sleep. He also suffered fairly minor physical damage. One crash landing into sand, and a few scratches by Eir and Glint. Nothing else, really.

    Every Elder Dragon ceased activity after their initial waking up. Zhaitan, the fastest to become active after waking up due to having a nation with ease of corruption, still took 10 years to become active and begin having his dead ship armada led by the Indomitable raid the Sea of Sorrows.

    Minor ? He lost an eye and got multiple hit into his side with similar force. (This doesn't mean he is sleeping but he will take some time to recover)

  • I'm to 80% sure we will see Aurene again there is just to much which wouldn't make sense otherwise.(Story / Plot etc)

    A) First way is Glints private talk with Aurene in the cave that there is something only the dragons would understand about ascension. Using some fantasy ascension could mean you lose your old body and your spirit will transferred into a new one which a created through the process. In theory you could cheat your way around this and return to the old world in a new body or you tab directly into the process to create you a new body. I personally like this the most its makes in so many ways sense.

    I haven't played Gw 1 but I heard one mission in it was to kill Glint having her later around would make this way sense but it is a trick you can only use once.
    Also reflection back to the private talk between Glint and Aurene its possible or very likely that Glint saw the same future(s) which Aurene saw if she really dies she woudln't say fight this woudln't make sense.

    Also Kralk woudln't stop until Aurene is dead so let him think Aurene is dead and doing the maximum possible dmg to him would be a smart move and gave us the time he woudln't gave us otherwise.

    B) Aurene use just Jokos powers she absorbed. ( I don't like that I dear because its means she become an undead which is also a problem because she needs to have kids on her own to replace in the (far) future Primordus and Jormag)

    C) She use Caits hybrid power of flower and crystal to grow her a new body .(or combine A &C)

    Actually Caits destiny is a bigger mystery then Aurenes there are so many ways. What she could do make the other Sylvari like her , she could became a new great mother tree, she could heal the old mother tree or/and she could be work as a connection between the the mother tree and Aurene so that Aurene can absorb plant magic.

  • perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage". We mostly need to regain our trust from the world as we know it. I don't think anybody will be keen to see the "heroes" who have failed once more and caused a lot of destruction.

    Kralkatorrik wasn't active, but he never went to sleep. He also suffered fairly minor physical damage. One crash landing into sand, and a few scratches by Eir and Glint. Nothing else, really.

    Every Elder Dragon ceased activity after their initial waking up. Zhaitan, the fastest to become active after waking up due to having a nation with ease of corruption, still took 10 years to become active and begin having his dead ship armada led by the Indomitable raid the Sea of Sorrows.

    Minor ? He lost an eye and got multiple hit into his side with similar force. (This doesn't mean he is sleeping but he will take some time to recover)

    He's referring to the fight with Destiny's Edge, not the one in Ep5.

  • Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage".

    Really don't think he just went to sleep again since last time he did not have instant access to massive amounts of magic in the Mists like he now does, especially with all the resistance in the Mists now defeated. I think it wouldn't take him that much time and effort to heal right back to where he was before this battle.

  • @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    A) First way is Glints private talk with Aurene in the cave that there is something only the dragons would understand about ascension. Using some fantasy ascension could mean you lose your old body and your spirit will transferred into a new one which a created through the process. In theory you could cheat your way around this and return to the old world in a new body or you tab directly into the process to create you a new body. I personally like this the most its makes in so many ways sense.

    Thats what I was thinking. she possibly even tookover kralks body, but she might have to deal with the corruption inside. Maybe get the forgotten to try and cleanse her. I think the fear of aurene getting branded and the hero of aurene dying are part of the prophecy. So this would make that true in a sense.

    Also Kralk woudln't stop until Aurene is dead so let him think Aurene is dead and doing the maximum possible dmg to him would be a smart move and gave us the time he woudln't gave us otherwise.

    I put this in a thread! I like this idea becuase his fear was of aurene. If shes gone he might chillax for a min and be vulnerable. Aurene could be in the domain of the lost and be able to cut off his resources to regain power as well.

    C) She use Caits hybrid power of flower and crystal to grow her a new body .(or combine A &C)

    Actually Caits destiny is a bigger mystery then Aurenes there are so many ways. What she could do make the other Sylvari like her , she could became a new great mother tree, she could heal the old mother tree or/and she could be work as a connection between the the mother tree and Aurene so that Aurene can absorb plant magic.

    This is a new theory that I sort of like. Does Aurene have any mordremoth magic? If so this could also support your argument. She could have planted herself across all the sylvari and the tree since theyre all sorta connected in a semi hive consciousness.

  • @ScottBroChill.3254 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    A) First way is Glints private talk with Aurene in the cave that there is something only the dragons would understand about ascension. Using some fantasy ascension could mean you lose your old body and your spirit will transferred into a new one which a created through the process. In theory you could cheat your way around this and return to the old world in a new body or you tab directly into the process to create you a new body. I personally like this the most its makes in so many ways sense.

    Thats what I was thinking. she possibly even tookover kralks body, but she might have to deal with the corruption inside. Maybe get the forgotten to try and cleanse her. I think the fear of aurene getting branded and the hero of aurene dying are part of the prophecy. So this would make that true in a sense.

    Also Kralk woudln't stop until Aurene is dead so let him think Aurene is dead and doing the maximum possible dmg to him would be a smart move and gave us the time he woudln't gave us otherwise.

    I put this in a thread! I like this idea becuase his fear was of aurene. If shes gone he might chillax for a min and be vulnerable. Aurene could be in the domain of the lost and be able to cut off his resources to regain power as well.

    C) She use Caits hybrid power of flower and crystal to grow her a new body .(or combine A &C)

    Actually Caits destiny is a bigger mystery then Aurenes there are so many ways. What she could do make the other Sylvari like her , she could became a new great mother tree, she could heal the old mother tree or/and she could be work as a connection between the the mother tree and Aurene so that Aurene can absorb plant magic.

    This is a new theory that I sort of like. Does Aurene have any mordremoth magic? If so this could also support your argument. She could have planted herself across all the sylvari and the tree since theyre all sorta connected in a semi hive consciousness.

    She hatched by receiving Mordremoth's magic also her face looked as a baby a lot like Mordremoth.
    Which means her body forms around what magic she absorbs or her daddy is Mordremoth or both but she never show to been able to use any plant magic or she doesn't know how. With a rebirth and her connection to Cait this could change. I suggested something like this months ago in another thread fantasizing about how the different magic from Mordremoth or Zaithan would change her looks and powers by being a hybrid between different dragons then.

    Like I said she also absorbed Joko and small parts of Balthazars magic.

  • @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage". We mostly need to regain our trust from the world as we know it. I don't think anybody will be keen to see the "heroes" who have failed once more and caused a lot of destruction.

    Kralkatorrik wasn't active, but he never went to sleep. He also suffered fairly minor physical damage. One crash landing into sand, and a few scratches by Eir and Glint. Nothing else, really.

    Every Elder Dragon ceased activity after their initial waking up. Zhaitan, the fastest to become active after waking up due to having a nation with ease of corruption, still took 10 years to become active and begin having his dead ship armada led by the Indomitable raid the Sea of Sorrows.

    Minor ? He lost an eye and got multiple hit into his side with similar force. (This doesn't mean he is sleeping but he will take some time to recover)

    You need to look at the quote you're referring to, buddy. Blocki.4931 was referring to the events of the novel Edge of Destiny.

    Not about the moment Kralkatorrik feinted or feigned feinting during this episode.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Not about the moment Kralkatorrik feinted or feigned feinting during this episode.

    Do you think that in that moment, Kralkatorrik went into downed state? Especially considering the rally rules. You kill an enemy, rally and can move away. If that was intentional, it would make for some great story and gameplay integration.

  • draxynnic.3719draxynnic.3719 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Poormany.4507 said:

    @Blocki.4931 said:
    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage".

    Really don't think he just went to sleep again since last time he did not have instant access to massive amounts of magic in the Mists like he now does, especially with all the resistance in the Mists now defeated. I think it wouldn't take him that much time and effort to heal right back to where he was before this battle.

    Depends on what shape he's in to keep fighting. Glint's army was put on the proverbial back foot, but if Kralkatorrik is sufficiently wounded and the Branded took enough losses, the balance of power might have shifted back and he no longer has free reign in the Mists.

  • perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Castigator.3470 said:

    @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Not about the moment Kralkatorrik feinted or feigned feinting during this episode.

    Do you think that in that moment, Kralkatorrik went into downed state? Especially considering the rally rules. You kill an enemy, rally and can move away. If that was intentional, it would make for some great story and gameplay integration.

    kitten, the one time function gyro might have been useful in PvE...

  • @perilisk.1874 said:
    kitten, the one time function gyro might have been useful in PvE...

    Can't you still use it on the Toxic Alliance Knights? If I recall correctly they still go into a downed state and need to be stomped. That set the precedent of mobs going into downed state. But that would have been amazing (and story killing, don't get me wrong), if your function gyro stomped Kralkatorrik, giving the pact victory!

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ScottBroChill.3254 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    A) First way is Glints private talk with Aurene in the cave that there is something only the dragons would understand about ascension. Using some fantasy ascension could mean you lose your old body and your spirit will transferred into a new one which a created through the process. In theory you could cheat your way around this and return to the old world in a new body or you tab directly into the process to create you a new body. I personally like this the most its makes in so many ways sense.

    Thats what I was thinking. she possibly even tookover kralks body, but she might have to deal with the corruption inside. Maybe get the forgotten to try and cleanse her. I think the fear of aurene getting branded and the hero of aurene dying are part of the prophecy. So this would make that true in a sense.

    Also Kralk woudln't stop until Aurene is dead so let him think Aurene is dead and doing the maximum possible dmg to him would be a smart move and gave us the time he woudln't gave us otherwise.

    I put this in a thread! I like this idea becuase his fear was of aurene. If shes gone he might chillax for a min and be vulnerable. Aurene could be in the domain of the lost and be able to cut off his resources to regain power as well.

    C) She use Caits hybrid power of flower and crystal to grow her a new body .(or combine A &C)

    Actually Caits destiny is a bigger mystery then Aurenes there are so many ways. What she could do make the other Sylvari like her , she could became a new great mother tree, she could heal the old mother tree or/and she could be work as a connection between the the mother tree and Aurene so that Aurene can absorb plant magic.

    This is a new theory that I sort of like. Does Aurene have any mordremoth magic? If so this could also support your argument. She could have planted herself across all the sylvari and the tree since theyre all sorta connected in a semi hive consciousness.

    I've never really liked Caithe and will be highly disappointed if she becomes some replacement for Aurene. I get that they tied her story in way back when but it feels like they're just trying to squeeze her back into the story however they can and it feels a little forced. I get the feeling she's just a favorite among the dev team or something and they just keep giving her all of these important moments. Sure, she ties into everything, but it would feel really forced for me to have her play a bigger role than just being someone else that bonded with Aurene or acts as her messenger.

    Honestly, circling back to the pale tree and the sylvari-centric story in general seems like kind of stale after we just had an expansion focused around them and their creator. Bringing them back into the limelight as the answer to our current situation would just feel like one needless circle and we should have just left Aurene out all together. Losing her like this and then using her death as some way to make the pale tree and sylvari the favored elder dragon go-to-plot would be way overdone at this point. I mean first we have Traeherne with his original mission to cleanse Orr right? And his involvement with Zhaitain's death. Then Mordremoth and sylvari in general. And now we're risking making Caithe and the pale tree the answer to the elder dragon on the other side of the world? If they went this route I would hope that they just wrote Caithe out completely so she can't just keep popping up and being so central at crucial points in the story.

    Off topic but I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of, at least appearingly, lesbian devs and it feels like we have a lot of lesbian characters central to the story. We had Caithe and Faolin, then Marjory and Kash before they became zolja 2.0. Yet gay male characters get a few lines in a personal story and there aren't any explicitly heterosexual relationships being brought into the story the same way that Kash and Jory or Faolin and Caithe's have. So maybe there's a bit of favoritism in terms of story.

    But that's a whole other subject and something others may not have noticed because they don't look for it as much as I do being who I am.

    One possibility though unlikely, if they wanted to keep the story focused in Elona, would be that we somehow have to activate Joko's magic in order to help her res with it. But how would we know how to trace the steps, why would we dive back into that at this point, and we still have the issue of Kralk freely recovering negating the progress we made in this episode completely as well as stretching Kralk out for longer than I feel they intend to.

    The one thing that I think could allow this Pale Tree theory to tie into it is the vision in Omadd's machine in which before we see the orbs in the All we go through what looks like an image of a white tree/pale tree. Having the title "All or Nothing" may wind up being a play on words in that regard but could just as easily Aurene just becomes an elder dragon and joins the All.

    But anyway. We'll find out in hopefully earlier than 4 months and can put some of this theorycrafting to bed. With these relentless cliffhangers, especially this season, it feels like the most eventful thing to do after a playthrough is just spend months theorycrafting only to have the theories be completely wrong or the previous plot fizzle and quickly speed in another direction. (i.e. the Aurene eating joko, getting sick, and then next episode she's just back to normal fighting branded and we're immediately focusing on Kralk again.) Still think having that moment of that episode play into the next and the resolution of Kralk's plot would be a far better direction and far more rewarding than just falling back to the pale tree and sylvari-mordremoth connection. I get that people feel there's some unresolved story there with how the pale tree was left, but I feel like that's something that could be expanded upon after we've taken care of Aurene and helped her fulfil the prophecy. But repeating myself and my reasons in the end doesn't really do anything when it's still just a matter of waiting it out till the next breadcrumb and inevitable end of the world somebody else is dead or dying melodrama plus cliffhanger. That worked a lot better in season 2 when the release schedule wasn't... okay, so are we waiting 3? 4? 5 months? this time? Wait, what happened last episode again? At least they gave us a teaser via Caithe last episode, even if yet again she just kind of appeared out of nowhere seemingly to mysteriously guide the plot the direction they wanted to... yet again....

    I wonder how they'll bring Marjory and Kash in next episode or if they'll just stay gone? Or maybe they'll just be branded and dead? Then Taimi will keel over. Then Braham will just off himself in despair having recently made amends with his mother and lost Taimi and having Rox abandon him for new friends. Wow, a suicide. That's the key. That's the bold story decision we've needed in this game to really give it the depth it's been lacking!

  • @Blocki.4931 said:
    Last time he was harmed by Destiny's Edge he went to sleep for a while again. We dealt a MASSIVE blow to him and he hurried away after blowing us out. He is most likely sleeping again to recover. Next episodes will see us deal with the aftermath and seeing "oh, he went to sleep again because we dealt so much damage". We mostly need to regain our trust from the world as we know it. I don't think anybody will be keen to see the "heroes" who have failed once more and caused a lot of destruction.

    Don't forget that Primordus and Jormag are also asleep right now. Putting them back to dormancy is the only currently known way of stopping an elder dragon without causing major unbalance to Tyria. This is why Balthazar is dead and Kralkatorrik and Aurene can enter the Mists in the first place. However, since Zafirah cannot sense Balthazar through Kralk, I'm assuming that Kralkatorrik originally inherited Mist power from Aurene and it's not a direct co-absorption at the defeat of Balthazar.

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    I'm to 80% sure we will see Aurene again there is just to much which wouldn't make sense otherwise.(Story / Plot etc)

    A) First way is Glints private talk with Aurene in the cave that there is something only the dragons would understand about ascension. Using some fantasy ascension could mean you lose your old body and your spirit will transferred into a new one which a created through the process. In theory you could cheat your way around this and return to the old world in a new body or you tab directly into the process to create you a new body. I personally like this the most its makes in so many ways sense.

    This would follow the "martyr" path that so many have played in GW2: your Mentor in core, then Trahearne in HoT, then the Player themselves in PoF. In every case a major figure has to die in order to facilitate the main antagonist's death. It's Matrix-like, where Neo has to become Smith in order to destroy him. It could also be said that Aurene might be like Kralkatorrik's last horcrux.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.