LS4E5 (spoiler) abrupt ending

Ayakaru.6583

What's with the abrupt ending?

I felt like the game disconnected or bugged out or something?Everyone was mourning, the commander was heavily wounded, and the next second I was standing healthily outside the halls with my mission rewards.No post-dialogue, no wound treatments, no "what do we do now".

is the point that episode 6 picks up right then and there again? or was it just written to end so abruptly??I'm confused.

(but on a positive note, that was one hell of a fight, truly epic, kudos anet. My only quarrel there was that it takes a long time to charge the crystals because most NPC's fight the branded melee away from the crystals. So if you don't have pull-in CC or knock-back CC it can take a long time to get enough branded near the crystals)

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:What's with the abrupt ending?

I felt like the game disconnected or bugged out or something?Everyone was mourning, the commander was heavily wounded, and the next second I was standing healthily outside the halls with my mission rewards.No post-dialogue, no wound treatments, no "what do we do now".

is the point that episode 6 picks up right then and there again? or was it just written to end so abruptly??I'm confused.

(but on a positive note, that was one hell of a fight, truly epic, kudos anet. My only quarrel there was that it takes a long time to charge the crystals because most NPC's fight the branded melee away from the crystals. So if you don't have pull-in CC or knock-back CC it can take a long time to get enough branded near the crystals)

You can charge the crystals by throwing the branded crystals enemies drop at them.

Because anything else would have taken away from the (apparent) emotional impact of the moment. This is a fairly tried and tested tactic for a cliffhanger where they hit the image, followed by a forlorn dialogue ("what do we do now?" "I don't know..") and then fade to black.

I'm not sure anything else would have been as impactful.

@ROMANG.1903 said:I didn't like that we picked a fight with Kralkatorrik so fast, it felt rushed. But after this, the ending was as good as can be. The uncertainty...

We weren't planning to, but he opened a gate straight into the heart of our Kraalk-killing weapons facility, something we thought was beyond his abilities. He basically forced our hand.

@Glider.5792 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:What's with the abrupt ending?

You can charge the crystals by throwing the branded crystals enemies drop at them.

Oh? Okay, i’ll try that next time.Since it was a true version of the training we got from glint i must’ve assumed only the same method as glint’s training worked. Kinda reinforced by the fact that the commander yelled we had to kill the branded near the crystals to charge it. So i never bothered pucking up the shards.Makes sense since every kill dropped a shard, though, so i’ll take that knowledge when i rerun for achievements

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@JDub.1530 said:That's funny, because I wasn't even focused on killing them near the crystal, I was just tossing every branded crystal I could find. So I forgot the mechanic they TRIED to train us to use. :D

Actually I knew to throw crystals at the bigger crystal because they trained us to do so.

When/where was that?i don’t recall glint teaching us that

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@JDub.1530 said:That's funny, because I wasn't even focused on killing them near the crystal, I was just tossing every branded crystal I could find. So I forgot the mechanic they TRIED to train us to use. :D

Actually I knew to throw crystals at the bigger crystal because they trained us to do so.

When/where was that?i don’t recall glint teaching us that

First story instance, second trial.

@"Donutdude.9582" said:That was the whole point. My opinion is that ArenaNet deliberately ended the instance that to emphasize the "oh dang I haven't got a clue what to do now" idea. I feel it was done brilliantly and it has left me wanting to know the finale!

Same here. Though, I would have liked more dialogue options near the end.

! Though, I have a feeling this isn't the end of our friend, Aurene or the battle with the crystal dragon. There are now three dragons versus Krakatorik in the Mists. Glint probably now has the backup she needs. Maybe they will pull a Skyrim here.

@"Donutdude.9582" said:That was the whole point. My opinion is that ArenaNet deliberately ended the instance that to emphasise the "oh dang I haven't got a clue what to do now" idea. I feel it was done brilliantly and it has left me wanting to know the finale!

That and, just before the end, the PC is asked, "so what do we do now?" And the answer was:

I don't know.

@"Donutdude.9582" said:That was the whole point. My opinion is that ArenaNet deliberately ended the instance that to emphasise the "oh dang I haven't got a clue what to do now" idea. I feel it was done brilliantly and it has left me wanting to know the finale!

That does sound fair.I guess i would've just liked to actually walk up to aurene instead of being locked in place

Archived