Cant Purchase Gems InGame

I am a new player (playing for about 3 days now) and just bought the expansions. I wanted to purchase Gems in game, but when I tried using my Credit Card, I went through the process and nothing happened, no errors stating there was a problem, no indication that my purchase was a success, nothing. No Gems. Any help? Did I do something incorrectly? or are new players not allowed to access gems? Do you need to be a certain level to purchase gems?

@Zazzari.8420 said:I see, thanks for the reply, 72 hours is 3 days though, I guess it will take longer

If the support team is busy it will take longer. Given the sale, a new living story episode, lots of support tickets etc, until they clear the backlog and get epi 5 patched up, they likely have their hands full. Can't see why they can't add a timer to the purchase, keep it 'hands free' from Anet unless something flags the account. good luck.

As far as I know (and supported by the Wiki), there is no time restriction on purchasing Gems. The above poster may be thinking about the 72-hour time requirement on Gems applied to Ultimate Edition expansion purchases.

Other players (not-new/Veteran) have recently reported the same issue with purchasing Gems; your best bet is to contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

Could also be this nasty bug that is present since a couple of months. Watch for a small red flashy message saying something like "An error occured, please try again later", a lot of people are affected by it and there are already several threads about it.Good thing- apparently Arena.Net is a very healthy company when it comes to finances and thus sees no need to investigating this issue any further. Instead they want us to go through all the fuzz via a ticket to the CS team to earn the right to give them our hard earned money.Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's beyond me why they don't simply set up a separate thread for those affected by this issue. "Want to buy gems but get an error message? Post in here so we have your account name and the payment option you chose, so we can fix it."

They fixed the issue and I able to buy the Gems, was actually quite fast, thanks to them.

I do have another question for anyone that can answer. Is there a daily/weekly/etc purchase limit? I want to buy again today, but I am afraid there may be a limit, I experienced this on another game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

• 5 months later...

I recently had the same issue. I purchased a small amount of gems without issue. Then I attempted to make a second purchase about an hour and half later. I attempted to repurchase 8000 gems to no avail. I received the same message most other player with this issue were receiving "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!" No matter how many times I tried I couldn't get out of the loop and complete the transaction. I sent a ticket to Support and within 48 hours they had my account fixed and able to purchase gems again.

@"Mobstac.1462" said:I recently had the same issue. I purchased a small amount of gems without issue. Then I attempted to make a second purchase about an hour and half later. I attempted to repurchase 8000 gems to no avail. I received the same message most other player with this issue were receiving "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!" No matter how many times I tried I couldn't get out of the loop and complete the transaction. I sent a ticket to Support and within 48 hours they had my account fixed and able to purchase gems again.

maybe your card activity was flagged as fraudulent.

90's CC hackers who steal CC information and try to buy stuff in early online e-commerce sites test the CC if its valid by buying 99 cents stuff. and if it goes through, they buy like $500 stuffs, like a shotgun blow..

same pattern detected so it was most likely the case..

if you gonna buy lots of gems because you wish to get the most expensive legendary out of the TP, make the purchases consistent..