Are Anet using AI ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are Anet using AI ?

Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭
edited January 10, 2019 in PVP

Are Anet using Ai bots in pvp to keep the illusion of population ?
Asking the players, i don't expect Anet to admit it :-D
I've had a total of 1413 Ranked games this season across 2 accounts, seeing the same bots over n over again
Most teams seem to have 2 or 3 bots in them, or players not knowing they are bots, and backing up the bots in pointless fights
Reports don't seem to work, so logic tells me Anet know of the bots & Maybe even running them ?
I'm sure I'm not on my own noticing the win loss ratios are 50/50 no matter what u do to climb or better your chances
You have an EZ win or a hard fought loss, not many games have any competitive aspect any more.....
Many people put this down to New players chasing rewards in pvp, but surly by the time they have reached the lvl to join ranked matches, they know the basics of pvp
Even though there are no formal objective training in the lobby >.< most pvper know points mean prizes, Not players
but these team mates just seem to want to fight any thing that attacks them, to the point they will chase them around the map all game
I've even had them run straight past me whilst holding points just because i didn't attack them
But i must admit i thought this was just gold farming in ranked problem, in till the season ended and went to unranked and found just the same game play >.<
No matter Who is controlling the bots, the end result is clear to see
NONE competitive matches,
DISCORD in the teams, no matter how much u RAGE @ them :-D THEY don't listen, it just gets u reported >.<
LOWER Population in pvp, more bots per game >.<
Gone are the days when the meta builds or class mattered, its just who can keep the bots busy the longest.....
on the upside no one needs to complain about balance now its null n void :-D
I cant be on my own seeing this stuff, pls tell us u'r experiences
Tomo :-D

<1

Comments

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alatar.7364 said:

    @Tomo.8324 said:
    I've had a total of 14113 Ranked games this season across 2 accounts

    Sorry, all I saw in this post was this

    Didn't someone in another post math out that even having 3k games a season would mean they would have to be on near 24/7.

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I find players of the same quality that you’re seeing quite often in PvE. I guess those people must be bots run by Anet too?

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭

    lol typo BUT is 1413 muich better >.<

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭

    i find it odd you would defend bots > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    I find players of the same quality that you’re seeing quite often in PvE. I guess those people must be bots run by Anet too?

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tomo.8324 said:
    i find it odd you would defend bots > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    I find players of the same quality that you’re seeing quite often in PvE. I guess those people must be bots run by Anet too?

    I’m not.

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    I played a game last night and had 3 players moving in sync and triple capping empty nodes with each other...
    3 of them followed me home so I left while they triple capped it, went far with the other dude then seen the 3 of them fighting a player off point for a good 2 minutes before they lost. they ended up being farmed at spawn and then We got triple capped because me and the other guy couldn't win 2 v 4 on nodes.

    I ended up quitting at that stage, didnt think they would be in an unranked game.

    Could be bots, could be 3 pve players huddling up, who knows.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

  • Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭

    We> @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    lolololol

    On a serious note though, whoever is running these bots, we should thank them. Right now those bots are allowing lower tiered players to have something to play against that they can win against. If these bots were not present, no new players would stay in the game mode after entering their first ranked match and getting mulched by some plat + player on the opposing team over and over and over. At least the bots introduce some level of learning ground for new players, keep them interested, and pretty much tie up the lower division rankings. At least this way, we have population for the algorithm to function on some bare minimal level.

    We don't know if Anet are running those bots. It's just a theory I suggested because of the "beneficial" impact it can have.

    But I'm sure that there is some human accounts that use bots too. I can see them doing fractals and story and one has more than 34k AP.

  • I think I've entered the twilight zone.

    Is you ai bot?

    Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

  • jakt.9381jakt.9381 Member ✭✭

    This is purely anecdotal but one thing I have noticed is the difference between how good players in sPvP and WvW are. In sPvP, most players are a joke and I can kill most of them with ease just by doing simple rotations. I go into WvW and I find the skill level to be MUCH different. Roamers there are much more difficult to fight, do advanced combos, reset fights, kite, etc. I always found this very strange because sPvP is by far more competitive than WvW and most WvW players are just zerg zombies.

  • @jakt.9381 said:
    This is purely anecdotal but one thing I have noticed is the difference between how good players in sPvP and WvW are. In sPvP, most players are a joke and I can kill most of them with ease just by doing simple rotations. I go into WvW and I find the skill level to be MUCH different.

    There's some attempt at matchmaking in both ranked and unranked, while there's no such attempt in wvw. I feel like the outcome you describe (most wvw players seeming like zerg zombies but the few roamers being well above your ability) is exactly what would happen without matchmaking.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    Select all pictures of a bus!

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @otto.5684 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    Select all pictures of a bus!

    Those are always broken for me...

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

  • @voltaicbore.8012 said:

    @jakt.9381 said:
    This is purely anecdotal but one thing I have noticed is the difference between how good players in sPvP and WvW are. In sPvP, most players are a joke and I can kill most of them with ease just by doing simple rotations. I go into WvW and I find the skill level to be MUCH different.

    There's some attempt at matchmaking in both ranked and unranked, while there's no such attempt in wvw. I feel like the outcome you describe (most wvw players seeming like zerg zombies but the few roamers being well above your ability) is exactly what would happen without matchmaking.

    no mm and the fact that all stats, all runes and sigil +food and utilities allow more broken one shoot builds with no counterplay or a try of it by players that arent at least better than they

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭

    @jakt.9381 said:
    This is purely anecdotal but one thing I have noticed is the difference between how good players in sPvP and WvW are. In sPvP, most players are a joke and I can kill most of them with ease just by doing simple rotations. I go into WvW and I find the skill level to be MUCH different. Roamers there are much more difficult to fight, do advanced combos, reset fights, kite, etc. I always found this very strange because sPvP is by far more competitive than WvW and most WvW players are just zerg zombies.

    i think u missed the concept of pvp, players only score 5 points n u can spend minutes chasing them, u might as well hold a point for the same amount of time n score much more...
    Points mean prizes NOT players
    Point control is the main aim in pvp not player killing
    BASICS

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tomo.8324 said:

    @jakt.9381 said:
    This is purely anecdotal but one thing I have noticed is the difference between how good players in sPvP and WvW are. In sPvP, most players are a joke and I can kill most of them with ease just by doing simple rotations. I go into WvW and I find the skill level to be MUCH different. Roamers there are much more difficult to fight, do advanced combos, reset fights, kite, etc. I always found this very strange because sPvP is by far more competitive than WvW and most WvW players are just zerg zombies.

    i think u missed the concept of pvp, players only score 5 points n u can spend minutes chasing them, u might as well hold a point for the same amount of time n score much more...
    Points mean prizes NOT players
    Point control is the main aim in pvp not player killing
    BASICS

    I always said that I find dumb how Stalling and Decapping worth more than actually killing people in a PvP mode...

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019

    @Delweyn.1309 said:
    We> @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    lolololol

    On a serious note though, whoever is running these bots, we should thank them. Right now those bots are allowing lower tiered players to have something to play against that they can win against. If these bots were not present, no new players would stay in the game mode after entering their first ranked match and getting mulched by some plat + player on the opposing team over and over and over. At least the bots introduce some level of learning ground for new players, keep them interested, and pretty much tie up the lower division rankings. At least this way, we have population for the algorithm to function on some bare minimal level.

    We don't know if Anet are running those bots. It's just a theory I suggested because of the "beneficial" impact it can have.

    But I'm sure that there is some human accounts that use bots too. I can see them doing fractals and story and one has more than 34k AP.

    And this bot user should have seen this forum because he now cames to invisible mode, but I still see him often in spvp.

    I wonder if he is a big money whale. It would explain why he is still in the game even using a bot for farming pvp all day.

  • Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019

    There's some serious tinfoil hat logic going on here...
    https://imgur.com/OhsuKIE

  • I wouldn't doubt it. It keeps the content alive and keeps queue times not too long. Also allows people to indefinitely work towards the rewards without it ever being "too dead."

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭

    OK start of Season 15..
    Who wants to go deep down this rabbit hole :-D
    What if Anet not only control the AI, but use them as a social experiment ?
    can u imagine the Data that could be collected and sold ?
    Physiologist dream ?
    I'm not paranoid i just pay attention :-D
    SEE how this world works yet
    GL HF meet u soon :-D

  • Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

    @sephiroth.4217 said:

    @otto.5684 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    Select all pictures of a bus!

    Those are always broken for me...

    You just gave it away that you're a Robot!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2019

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @sephiroth.4217 said:

    @otto.5684 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    Select all pictures of a bus!

    Those are always broken for me...

    You just gave it away that you're a Robot!

    Ive been called worse lol

    But seriously, says to click on all pictures that include a bike and says its wrong when you pick the boxes with the bike wheels.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    this thread went from silly theories to tin foil hat conspiracies

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • Bots with Weak AIs in this day and age. Are a million times better than humans at video games. Even in the eSports scene. We will start to witness a paradigm change very soon.

  • Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2019

    I will upload a video of the bot that I reported many times before. This is not an AI from Anet because it has 34923 achiev. points ATM.

    Nothing change from this point of view. Even if this player had only a bit more than 1000 matches done last season. Still here and still using it's bot with total impunity.

    For me the problem is not that bots have weak or strong Ai. The problem is that they are easily spotted and reported, and ANet are doing NOTHING about them.

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭

    @derd.6413 said:
    this thread went from silly theories to tin foil hat conspiracies

    No not yet want to go deeper ?
    These AI used to farm crypto on the Block chain ?
    U out yet :-D

  • @Tomo.8324 said:
    players not knowing they are bots

    I run into those all the time, you learn to cope.

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

    OK more observations....
    Who wants to play a game ?
    This could be a over sight on Anets part, maybe patched SOON?
    PEEK in to how the algorithm works ?
    in plain sight on U'r UI
    in u'r next match just right click on there names in the team UI on screen.....
    How many do U get options for ...?

    Are they Throttled back ?
    think lvl balance

    i know iv had the same ppl on multiple teams & some times they have options some times not..>.<
    or if u switch toons the options change >.<
    B quick let me know what that's all about ?
    Have fun

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

    Seeing this title over and over again hurts my brain. Instead of "are anet using ai?" Can some one switch it to "IS anet useing ai?"
    Thanks.

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    lolololol

    On a serious note though, whoever is running these bots, we should thank them. Right now those bots are allowing lower tiered players to have something to play against that they can win against. If these bots were not present, no new players would stay in the game mode after entering their first ranked match and getting mulched by some plat + player on the opposing team over and over and over. At least the bots introduce some level of learning ground for new players, keep them interested, and pretty much tie up the lower division rankings. At least this way, we have population for the algorithm to function on some bare minimal level.

    pretty sure there are no bots in lower tier, or they are pretty good and even trash talk to be more realistic

  • Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019

    Well, to be honest, as a bot detector, this season, I haven't meet at all all those farming mesmer mirage bots like the previous season.

    So either Anet are stopping using them, or either they have done the job to ban them. Anyway, they are not here anymore. A good thing. And there is a lot less mirage in low ranks now.

    The only bots remaining are real human players accounts. There is the mesmer (with 35k ap) I have exposed in another tread, still here, and 2 necro bots users. One from previous season and another one well known but still here (with 26k ap). This one is even using speed hack cheat. I remember seeing him long time ago, and he has now made his come back.

    Her they are
    https://imgur.com/a/jKjGEIk

    The mirage I have exposed with video is still playing. So he has taken confidence and has made +300 matches until now.
    The 2 others seems to be carefull. But, well, if the mirage can continue to use his bot, they will probably don't care anymore.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Am I the only one who finds it scary that we are in an era where we can no longer differentiate whether we are playing with bots/AI or real humans? :'(

  • @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Am I the only one who finds it scary that we are in an era where we can no longer differentiate whether we are playing with bots/AI or real humans? :'(

    They have AI now that are better players than even pros. Look up "AI beats pro DOTA players".

    Granted, I doubt this AI can keep pace with a more complex action based game like GW2 just yet but the tech is coming and it's going to prove every last one of us is bad at video games. :tired_face:

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @CETheLucid.3964 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Am I the only one who finds it scary that we are in an era where we can no longer differentiate whether we are playing with bots/AI or real humans? :'(

    They have AI now that are better players than even pros. Look up "AI beats pro DOTA players".

    Granted, I doubt this AI can keep pace with a more complex action based game like GW2 just yet but the tech is coming and it's going to prove every last one of us is bad at video games. :tired_face:

    Sorry but I can't help but wonder if you're AI =\
    My Gosh what has the world become :'(

  • @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @CETheLucid.3964 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Am I the only one who finds it scary that we are in an era where we can no longer differentiate whether we are playing with bots/AI or real humans? :'(

    They have AI now that are better players than even pros. Look up "AI beats pro DOTA players".

    Granted, I doubt this AI can keep pace with a more complex action based game like GW2 just yet but the tech is coming and it's going to prove every last one of us is bad at video games. :tired_face:

    Sorry but I can't help but wonder if you're AI =\
    My Gosh what has the world become :'(

    Very very beautiful place to live in. And once all of the dogmatic creeds, have finally died off. We will finally see the new golden age of humanity. MARK MY WORDS!

  • bbop.9706bbop.9706 Member ✭✭✭

    Well done those who totally derailled this thread with utterly stupid and pointless sarcasm.

    Botting in this game is now very real and very damaging to future of pvp and the game as a whole and should be taken seriously.

    I was in a ranked gold 3 game last night and we won 500-0.. I have never won by that margin before. We killed the Lord without any resistance and the enemy team was doing just weird abstract stuff all game..

    None of them challenged any nodes and apart from one face roll team fight on a side node and they wiped in seconds. Not even an attempt at a decap and they had 2 thieves!

    It fely like there were maybe 4 bits as only the DH did anything remotely human.

    I want Anet to come out and respond to all these botting claims because if anyone knows whats really happening it is them.

    There are too many reports going around and it feels bad. More people need to speak up and get something done or we will all lose out.

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sephiroth.4217 said:

    @otto.5684 said:

    @Luna.6203 said:
    Pvp window next season:

    Select all pictures of a bus!

    Those are always broken for me...

    the bang bus

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Bring back Impending Dhuum.
    No FotM for me, only thief, weak or strong.

  • @bbop.9706 said:
    Well done those who totally derailled this thread with utterly stupid and pointless sarcasm.

    Botting in this game is now very real and very damaging to future of pvp and the game as a whole and should be taken seriously.

    I was in a ranked gold 3 game last night and we won 500-0.. I have never won by that margin before. We killed the Lord without any resistance and the enemy team was doing just weird abstract stuff all game..

    None of them challenged any nodes and apart from one face roll team fight on a side node and they wiped in seconds. Not even an attempt at a decap and they had 2 thieves!

    It fely like there were maybe 4 bits as only the DH did anything remotely human.

    I want Anet to come out and respond to all these botting claims because if anyone knows whats really happening it is them.

    There are too many reports going around and it feels bad. More people need to speak up and get something done or we will all lose out.

    But have you even considered the possibility, that many of those bots you run into are ANet's bots? Now what if that was actually the case here? Than no amount of speaking up or complaining would do anything about the situation. This is where most players are at this point now. They are beyond numb from experiencing this for many years now. That they simply just don't care anymore, except for a few special try harding snowflakes.

  • Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @CETheLucid.3964 said:

    Granted, I doubt this AI can keep pace with a more complex action based game like GW2 just yet but the tech is coming and it's going to prove every last one of us is bad at video games.

    I think more likely it will allow the game to calibrate mob capabilities to be appropriate for any given player, improving gameplay experience. It could even notify a player when their skills warrant an update to the AI capabilities, which would be gratifying for people learning and improving.

    Right now one of the main problems with open-world is that there is wild differences between player skill levels, so it's crushingly easy and boring for some while some areas can be impossibly difficult for others. I'd love it if the game could incorporate a mob AI that makes them challenging but not unbeatable for every player.

  • Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fearless.3569 said:

    But have you even considered the possibility, that many of those bots you run into are ANet's bots? Now what if that was actually the case here? Than no amount of speaking up or complaining would do anything about the situation. This is where most players are at this point now. They are beyond numb from experiencing this for many years now. That they simply just don't care anymore, except for a few special try harding snowflakes.

    It seems pretty unlikely Anet would design bots to not even bother with capping nodes. If anything they'd be designed to go to the nearest node and sit there. From the description I think that other guy was just up against a bunch of people goofing around, trolling. If they were bots they were obviously really badly designed.

  • Senteliks.2360Senteliks.2360 Member ✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019

    AI at the level of player responsiveness as it is now? If this is CS:GO sure but we are talking about MMO and as casual GW 2 is as it is, there is no AI (expect experimental AI's which production cost more than all of GW 2 together) that can possibly give even basic acceptable performance.

    You would be surprise by how wrong you are. I know a few people who play GW 2 pvp for rewards and they are long standing players.... that play PVP as they are blindfolded. There are a lot people here that even after they reach Ranked Matches, will be far from even average pvp players.

    Dude, you are probably using services that have collected when you are going to washroom, eat your breakfast and lunch (just kidding), but almost every online service nowadays has at least to some extent data collection and primitive deep learning AI- big corporation... do I even need to say anything.

  • Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019

    I doubt any AI made by A-Net is good enough to successfully pose as a human player and I don't think that A-Net is working with Google's DeepMind team to create one either.

  • Senteliks.2360Senteliks.2360 Member ✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019

    @Tails.9372 said:
    I doubt any AI made by A-Net is good enough to successfully pose as a human player and I don't think that A-Net is working with Google's DeepMind team either.

    Who said anything about Google? Google is only one player and they are not even the leading and biggest ( despite marketing and media coverage).

    But it's very absurd to assume A-net is using bots. I am in a guild where the main topic is how they are going to collect enough materials to craft Bunny skin for their character (nothing wrong with that I actually can't wait to get my own Bunny skin). Just giving an example of players who play PVP, how much they care about it.

  • alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019

    i don't know but i observed that some people don't use their heal skill in the whole span of the game.

    so that programmer of that bot must've forgotten and left a line (Skill6.Activate(if CurrentHP < 60% (TotalHP))); or something like that on the script.

    Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.