Playing multiple accounts simultaneously—more commonly known as dual-boxing ** or **multi-boxing —is permitted in Guild Wars 2, though only under specific circumstances. Please ensure that you understand our full multi-boxing policy outlined below before engaging in this sort of activity.
A player may own and operate several accounts, but they may do so only when they play and control each account independently of any other account. This means that:
- Each account must be at all times.
- Each account must be operated independently of each other.
- Accounts must not be operated simultaneously using or .
- One keystroke should translate to one action on one account.
Here's what you should keep in mind if you plan to run multiple clients:
- You may use more than one account at the same time.
- You may use more than one computer at the same time.
- You must be actively playing on each account.
- You may NOT program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press [W] on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.
- You may not use a macro to activate the skills of a character or multiple characters on more than one account.
- You may not use third-party botting tools to manage and play any number of characters, or to engage in unattended gameplay.
As a final note:
- Multi-boxing may ONLY be used in PvE areas. You are not permitted to run multiple accounts simultaneously in PvP, WvW, activities, or in other competitive environments.
- Note: We make an exception for the use of multiple accounts in custom arenas, but encourage anyone hosting a custom arena to, as a courtesy to all participants, specify that multi-boxing is allowed in that arena.
Conduct Breaches & Outcomes
Failing to observe the above guidelines may result in the suspension or termination of any/all associated accounts. To differentiate between bots, each actively playing character must also be responsive to GM inquiries, if contacted.
In addition to this, any behavior that violates the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement or the Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct may result in further disciplinary action as determined by the ArenaNet team.
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events;