Roller Beetle Sweepstakes Winners?

Donari.5237

From the official rules:

1. WINNER VERIFICATION AND NOTIFICATION: The potential Sweepstakes winners will be contacted via e-mail by Marden-Kane Inc. (“Administrator”) on or about January 8, 2019. When a potential winner accepts the prize, the potential winner will receive written confirmation via email, and will be required to complete and sign (and where applicable, have notarized) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release; where legal, a Publicity Release; and IRS Form W-9 (U.S. winners only), all of which must be returned within 72 hours from prize notification date or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner.

We are now around two thirds through that 72 hours and I haven't seen anyone exulting yet. Perhaps there is an NDA in the initial contact email? I know I'm not one of the winners, or at least have not received an email, so I would love to vicariously enjoy someone else's fortune. If you won, and are allowed to say, and are willing to say, please exult! :)

(And if someone official can confirm the first batch of prize notifications has gone out, that'd be awesome).

Well, not a ton-ton. 50 total prizes I think, or thereabouts? And who knows how many qualified entries, there were lots of racers all day long, even though each one of them only got an entry a week. I'm not at all surprised I was not one of the lucky 50, I'm just wildly curious about how it all came out. I genuinely love watching other people open presents even if I don't get any myself :)

Nothing in my E-mail, been checking regularly although I wasn't actually expecting to win.. hell I don't even know if my registration was successful and I was even entered in the competition lol

It would be nice to get some confirmation about the competition though.. I've also heard nothing about any winners nor any information that they've been drawn etc. (I don't use Twitter or Reddit and never will)

These official forums are my only direct link to Anet so the lack of information provided here does often lead me to think that things get forgotten about.

@Twium.3428 said:I'm surprised there hasn't been much mention of this competition lately. It was advertised all over the place. Did no one win at all? Seems odd nothing has been released as it's 2 weeks since the supposed draw for it. :o

Think I said something similar when it launched. I simply never trust these kinds of promo's, much like those phone in comps on tv... but who knows maybe there was a lucky winner, maybe there was a positioned winner or maybe they just forgot to pull out a winner from the hat at all :)

It's not that Im doubting they did it -> because that would blow up in their face, so doubt that's the case.I'd understand if there was 1 prize and 1 person didn't respond for quite a long time. But there were a few prizes, 2 weeks passed and no one is telling they won anything etc. That's disappointing.I know I didn't win as I didn't get the mail -> and my country was basically banned for no reason from 90% of prizes which is sad -> feels like 2nd class customer, should never organise competition at all if all players cant be treated equally.

But I'd still like to hear somebody is happy about it and won. It's always good when fellow player got lucky and happy.

For the community competitions it is a common sense to announce your winner. I'm speaking about it professionally from my position.

It is needed to show that prizes are actually distributed and the community aware about results. Otherwise, it looks like marketing scam. Cheers.

• ArenaNet Staff

@dDuff.3860 said:For the community competitions it is a common sense to announce your winner. I'm speaking about it professionally from my position.

It is needed to show that prizes are actually distributed and the community aware about results. Otherwise, it looks like marketing scam. Cheers.

There is also the matter of privacy to consider. Putting up names of winners might not be allowed by various legal standards, such as GDPR. We will abide by all legal standards, as we did the the contest offering and its judging.

Archived