Don't like PvP but need something in PvP? Let's talk... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Don't like PvP but need something in PvP? Let's talk...

I'm looking for players on NA servers to play with...basically my idea is this: we get together on a daily basis in a PvP area and kill each other for the points. No pressure to actually perform, we just take turns killing each other...we can get our dailies whilst simultaneously progressing on our PvP tracks. There is/was an item called the 'Custom Arena Starter Kit' which would allow us to privately engage in PvP content without any outside pressure. If you would like to do this with me just send me a private message and we'll see if we can get the ball rolling. :)

Comments

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

    1 - there’s already daily rooms for what you’re looking for.

    2 - if you set an arena to private, you’ll get no progress in them, rank or reward track.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • GW Noob.6038GW Noob.6038 Member ✭✭✭

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    1 - there’s already daily rooms for what you’re looking for.

    2 - if you set an arena to private, you’ll get no progress in them, rank or reward track.

    How do me and my cohorts get to these rooms where we can kill each other without participating in PvP with outsiders?

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    @GW Noob.6038 said:

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    1 - there’s already daily rooms for what you’re looking for.

    2 - if you set an arena to private, you’ll get no progress in them, rank or reward track.

    How do me and my cohorts get to these rooms where we can kill each other without participating in PvP with outsiders?

    In the PvP match pane, there’s another tab with public and personal (custom) arenas.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • GW Noob.6038GW Noob.6038 Member ✭✭✭

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    In the PvP match pane, there’s another tab with public and personal arenas.

    Ok, so these personal arenas are different from the private ones that you can get from the Gem store? If so, that would definitely fit the bill.

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

    @GW Noob.6038 said:

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    In the PvP match pane, there’s another tab with public and personal arenas.

    Ok, so these personal arenas are different from the private ones that you can get from the Gem store? If so, that would definitely fit the bill.

    The personal custom arenas are owned by a player. Don’t know why you think they’re Gemstore, as it was discontinued and put into game with a gold value instead. It comes with 30 days timer, and more days can be purchased and added to your arena.
    The public arenas are what Anet has put in place as just casual arenas for practice.
    Both are found in the same tab in the PvP pane, your own arena being listed at the top.
    If you purchase a personal custom arena, you’ll have an option to use it publicly, can customise point cap, kick and ban players who don’t follow your rules etc. Some settings (like making yours private) will disable progress for rank/rewards. There will be an icon to show if this is the case.

    Pips and league rewards only apply to league play.

    In any case, just playing ranked is far quicker than farming custom arenas, because there’s a reward cap. Custom Arena progress is capped at two major rewards per day, and boosts don’t affect point gain.

    Better get a wriggle on.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.