Did Path of Fire killed Mesmer players in PvP ?

Sombrero.9204

My question is very simple and in the title.

Fact is I am playing almost exculisvely Mesmer since release (very rarely other classes to change my mind and better learn to counter them too). On HoT release there was a very signifcant number of Chronomancer players in both PvE and PvP but with Path of Fire I never see Mesmers, and more than half of the time they play Chronomancer (there's actually in general a lot of people not playing the new specs funnily enough). I have huge issues with the Mirage in the mechanics and how it feels in general and I could understand why Mesmer is slowly dying at least in PvP at the moment but I really wanted to have your opinion to see if I'm just mistaking or if it's a reality.

ppl might play pve right now , especially with the new elites. You dont got from 0 to legend after u spend ur Hero Points. I assume ppl get muscle memorys etc in PvE right now. From my experience i love mirrage in Pvp, but at the moment play rarely since i want new armor for wvw / play pof in general etc

The problem with Mirage is that it's a condi build, and with the surge of Scourges everyone and their mother is running a thousand condi cleanses, but your condi pressure doesn't quite match that of a Scourge.

I haven't seen enough power Mirages to comment on it, maybe there's some hidden potential there.

Portal chrono is still viable I believe, but everyone is riding the SB/Scourge/DE bandwagon atm.

Heralds are surely strong at the moment they are some of the toughest opponents (with spellbreaker and scourge condi obviously).

I don't complain about how strong the Mirage is I can often kill people 1vs2 my biggest problem is any Scourge with the broken build since terrible resistance access and condi cleanse isn't enough to stop it.

I actually played a lot of condition mirage.

Honestly, I think I will play it if not for the excessive amount of spellbreakers in the game. They counter condition very hard and mirage clones make it extremely easy for them to full counter, not necessarily on you but on your teammate.

To have a chance against spellbreaker, you need boon removal. It is really hard to build boon removal into mirage build. I tried domination(shatter to removal boons) but picking that line hurts condition burst a lot. Then you have to pick boon removal utilities which are not that good and also makes you worse against everything else.

It is much easier for chrono, you just have to take phantasmal disenchanter. And you still have moa to shut down scourge or firebrand. IMHO, condition chrono is still meta worthy. However, after playing the same chrono build for almost 2 years, it surely gets quite boring.

Archived