rev and raiding

Belishine.7493

i have been wondering for some time now mainly becouse the rev has goten some good changes how are we in raids now. i know in the past they only wanted rev as condi and as the healer but now power rev is in a good spot i think. soo with all this what is our dps we are aiming for in raids now and do you think more revs will be in raids now?

Power Herald had a slight/significant nerf to Shackling Wave with its cast time but I think it can still do around 27k dps.

It's not bad but there are better alternatives if your raid group is looking to min/max.

We may start to see support Renegade with Diviner stats but that may depend solely on the group comp.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, though.

Believe it or not but Power Renegade is also in a not-terrible spot too. For large hitboxes, it benchmarks at around 34k DPS, making it good for bosses like Gorseval, Sloth, Samarog, Conjured Amalgamate, and Qadim. The only problem is that it doesn't really have much in the way of burst DPS like other power builds have. You can't burst like 50k DPS then ramp down, you just sit at your peak from the start of the fight, which makes it bad for bosses like KC.

@Belishine.7493 said:ok so 27k is not bad at all . i can see if they want more of a 30k+ for raids though

Herald's 27k is especially kind of bad though...

Here's why! Most power dps specs (and the fights that power specs are really drawn to) are all about quick burst phases before a subsequent phase where you can't hit the boss anymore.

While 27k doesn't sound so far from 30k, Heralds deliver their dps in a steady flow, with veeerrrrry little burst potential. This causes them to appear close'ish on things like Golem benchmarks, but leaves them very far off in an actual raid. Most of the 'acceptable' power specs that have a benchmark of around 30-33k (DH, Soulbeast, Holo, pChrono) all have bursts of around 80-120k, that then taper off until it's time to burst again. So, on a fight, like, even say Samarog, they'll unload a huge burst, while you do your 27k, but then everybody's doing literally zero dps for the next phase, so then when it averages out, their dps will look normal and yours will be much, much, lower.

On the few fights where the boss doesn't have hard phases, Herald's dps is a little more competative--but the problem is that fights like that you can just go Condi Ren and annihilate all those numbers.

@Belishine.7493 said:that is a shame becosue im likeing rev but as a power rev i seeing its almost pointless to play for raiding now so disapointing

You can still player power Herald and not having to be worried about being kicked. I've played it in raids (new to raids myself) and while I wasn't topping the charts, I was also not struggling to stay with the pack.

Archived