WvW

felincyriac.5981

Just came back myself over the holidays. Meta for necro in WvW ZvZ/GvG is Power Scourge. State of the game mode is that there's a lot of aoe spam. The power creep, the damage some classes can do, are just insane. For solo roaming, necros are at the bottom of the totem pole, nothing has changed. It's worse than ever due to the new Path of Fire elite classes where there's so much burst damage, so much range, and so much stealth.

With that said, I'm having fun playing power scourge in ZvZ/GvG setting following commanders on comms. There are good fights to be had. But it took me awhile to get used to the amount of damage that's out there.

@felincyriac.5981 said:Power scourge eh, currently I have full trailblazer how will that do?

I tried it when I first came back, thinking it would be ok. I used to roam as condi Reaper in full trailblazers, and you at least could sustain a bit albeit mobility issues. Now, full trailblazers won't save you from going 100-0 in less than 2 seconds. I have been 1 rounded in full trailblazer while solo roaming. Mirage, Soulbeast, and Deadeye rule the field. Don't bother roaming solo.

Would not suggest playing anything that relies on condis as the sole source of damage in WVW. There's so many cleanses from firebrands, scourges (5 second cooldown Nefarious Favor, as well as Abrasive Grit), and scrappers (0 cooldown with altruism) that it isn't going to work well.

Scourges are definitely meta though, barriers (Sand Cascade + Sand Flare , Desert Empowerment if you run it) + boon corrupt (especially with Unending Corruption) + condi removal. Reapers received a massive ferocity boost in shroud as well if you want to go power reaper.

Archived