Dragonsblood Rifle Chasing Tales 1 seems bugged — Guild Wars 2 Forums

JANUARY 2019 AFC: Members of the team that created Episode 5 of Living World Season 4 – All or Nothing – will be participating in an ArenaNet Forum Chat that is open to your posts now and runs through Friday, January 18. Join us in the dedicated AFC Subforum!

Dragonsblood Rifle Chasing Tales 1 seems bugged

Hiho,

I killed nearly 100 enemys and it dont count. I am an Engi and try not to change in my holo form or change my weapons. Anyone else with my problem to get the first atchievement with the rifle?

Bye Madjoh

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Which enemies did you try to kill?

• Mostly branded

edited January 11, 2019

On the Thunderpeaks map? I’m just trying to make sure.

Are you using kits instead of the rifle?

• Madjoh.6054Madjoh.6054 Member ✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019

I killed now 50 spiders in the Thunderpeak alone. No reward. I never change my weapon, no kits or no holo. Maybe I should try this on another Char. Thief or Warrior. Thx for the help.

Afflict 30 enemies with vulnerability while wielding a rifle.

Defeat 30 enemies while wielding a rifle in Thunderhead Peaks.

Defeat 10 enemies with a rifle in Thunderhead Peaks without taking damage.

Maybe they have to be done in order? I haven’t started these yet as I’m just saving up the map currency and jewels to do them all at once.

• I got this two in one South Meta Event. Nearly at the same time.

Afflict 20 enemies with vulnerability while wielding a rifle.
    Defeat 10 enemies with a rifle in Thunderhead Peaks without taking damage.

But the third didnt pop up.

• With the Sniper also no atchievement. Than I start with the pistol instead.

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

I have been doing the Chasing the Tales: Mouglon the Watchful (mace) and the deed #3 which is Chasing Tales: Man-at-Arms - Defeat 60 enemies while wielding mace and a shield in Thunderhead Peaks. I thought this was bugged because it never showed how many I had killed. I just did one of the metas and it finally popped for me. It would have been nice to see the progression for that one because I was sure I had gotten over 60 when doing the metas several times before.

Also I assume the description "wielding mace and a shield' it means you do not have to have that specific exotic dragonsblood mace to accomplish it. I am pretty sure I got the deeds #1 and #2 using The Moot. Since #3 was giving me no indication if I was progressing I switched to the exotic dragonsblood mace and it finally popped. Does anyone know if you have to actually use that mace/weapon vs any other mace/weapon to get these achieves?

• Pistol and sword were no bugs. But my rifle ist still bugged. I tried to report the bug, but there is no option for atchievements in the bug report. Where do I need to write it down, when I try to post it?

• Hi, This is also happening for me. I have did the metas 3 times and also just went around and killed over the 30 things. Still no achievement.

• Killed 60-70 enemies in thunderhead peaks on deadeye and didn't get achievement. Seems bugged.

• Tired it on warrior also and still doesnt work

• If you look at the instant-consume "items" that the rifle achievements award to give progress, Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike (10 kills without taking a hit) and Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy (30 kills) both give the item for Deadly Accuracy. I'm guessing this might be the source of the bug. If you completed Preemptive Strike first it incorrectly gives the item for Deadly Accuracy so when you actually complete Deadly Accuracy it probably thinks you already have it or something and doesn't trigger.

• "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" doesnt work. I killed more than 300 enemies with my rifle (DEAD EYE) during the METAs and on different spots in the new map. I tried branded, bears, spiders, everything I could find on the new map without switching weapons. Doesnt work. I cannot finish the achievment.

@Sita Droowan.5983 said:
    "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" doesnt work. I killed more than 300 enemies with my rifle (DEAD EYE) during the METAs and on different spots in the new map. I tried branded, bears, spiders, everything I could find on the new map without switching weapons. Doesnt work. I cannot finish the achievment.

Two of the achievements award the same item. It’s like the one for the focus only that you can’t complete the achievement.

• @Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Sita Droowan.5983 said:
    "Chasing Tales: Deadly Accuracy" doesnt work. I killed more than 300 enemies with my rifle (DEAD EYE) during the METAs and on different spots in the new map. I tried branded, bears, spiders, everything I could find on the new map without switching weapons. Doesnt work. I cannot finish the achievment.

Two of the achievements award the same item. It’s like the one for the focus only that you can’t complete the achievement.

Wrote a ticket the same day. I`m curious, how long it will take ´til they fix it.

@Sita Droowan.5983 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Sita Droowan.5983 said:

Wrote a ticket the same day. I`m curious, how long it will take ´til they fix it.

Until Tuesday.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.