Observation: after Glint's trials Aurene is glowing

Danikat.8537

Note: It's possible this topic will include spoilers for later in Episode 5, including it's ending.

I don't know what this means, if anything, so I'm just throwing it out there as a fact I hadn't seen anyone else mention in case someone else can interpret it. When we meet up with Aurene after being separated for the last part of Glint's trial in Scion & Champion her crystals and the lines between scales on the underside of her body are glowing blue.

Here's Aurene as the trials are starting:Iyo7NkEh.jpg

And here she is after:Q5Ub44jh.jpg

In case anyone thinks it's just the lighting I did notice the same effect at the end of the trial, when we were still in Glint's lair, but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a decent screenshot.

It looks like there may have been more to her private session with Glint than talking, unless dragons start glowing when they learn enough information. (They do say knowledge is power, but I don't think it's ever been used that literally.)

That's something else I'm curious about. I never thought about the idea of dragons undergoing Ascension before, but it kind of makes sense in this context - Aurene needs to be able to hold a huge amount of magic, and that might well be one of the effects of Ascension (that would explain why in GW1 it enabled you to learn all the other professions so you could switch your secondary and gain additional attribute points).

Now I'm wondering if Glint was Ascended, she certainly seemed to have a lot of interest in other people who attempted it.

@"Danikat.8537" said:That's something else I'm curious about. I never thought about the idea of dragons undergoing Ascension before, but it kind of makes sense in this context - Aurene needs to be able to hold a huge amount of magic, and that might well be one of the effects of Ascension (that would explain why in GW1 it enabled you to learn all the other professions so you could switch your secondary and gain additional attribute points).

Now I'm wondering if Glint was Ascended, she certainly seemed to have a lot of interest in other people who attempted it.

On the gw1 wiki it also explains that ascensions greatly increases power, allows traveling through the mists, and "with the right help can unlock hidden reserves of power." And I think she did ascend, she went through the mists to attract kralk, the glowing was definitely indicative and glint saying something about dragon ascension and then taking her aside to tell secrets for two days supports this.

@dusanyu.4057 said:i swore we had a faint purplish glow as well (it was noticeable on my toon with the celestial colored hair)

I can't say I noticed, but then my characters wears a lot of purple, and currently has purple chaos gloves and the Dreamer, so honestly any additional purple glow would have to be pretty obvious for me to notice.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@dusanyu.4057 said:i swore we had a faint purplish glow as well (it was noticeable on my toon with the celestial colored hair)

I can't say I noticed, but then my characters wears a lot of purple, and currently has purple chaos gloves and the Dreamer, so honestly any additional purple glow would have to be pretty obvious for me to notice.

I saw no purple.

Archived