How to get Town Clothing outfits?

Jupiter.8196

All but one can be found by searching for "clothing", e.g.https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tp/search?name=clothing

Aside from the Common Clothing Tonic (which was 'given' to all new players until the Wardrobe was added to the game), 6 have buy offers below 200 gold, but I can tell you that no one is selling for that price, so realistically, you can expect to get one for 150g (Khaki), the other 5 'cheapest' ones for 200-300g.

Typically outfits on the gem shop retail for 600-700 gems and at the current rate of 130 gold for 400 gems, that's about 195-225 gold. If you're converting from gems to gold, then these tonics are much more expensive.

tl;dr it's fair to say that the majority of town clothing tonics are available for a modestly higher gold cost than those in the gem shop.

Currently the only way is to buy an endless clothing tonic from the trading post and exchange it with an NPC for an outfit that you can add to your wardrobe. (There's an NPC to trade in the tonics inside the trading post building in Lion's Arch.)

Some time ago they did make all those clothing tonics available as actual outfits that you could buy with black lion statuettes (excluding the dragon emblem shirt outfit, which is still an exclusive giveaway from ArenaNet). They were available for a while but aren't currently in the offerings. Your other option is to wait until they get rotated back in.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Khaki_Clothing_Outfithttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Casual_Clothing_Outfit

The outfits only cost 20 black lion statuettes when they were available.

I apologize for calling it "cheap" -- I should have checked. I was remembering from when the tonics first became outfits and the market was flooded with them so a handful were a lot of gold but many were silver. Or it's just that I had so many of them hoarded that I didn't notice the cost ... anyway, I should have checked. I think also I was just assuming the OP meant the starter garments everyone used to get, the Common Clothing, which is still affordable.

@"Donari.5237" said:I apologize for calling it "cheap" -- I should have checked. I was remembering from when the tonics first became outfits and the market was flooded with them so a handful were a lot of gold but many were silver. Or it's just that I had so many of them hoarded that I didn't notice the cost ... anyway, I should have checked. I think also I was just assuming the OP meant the starter garments everyone used to get, the Common Clothing, which is still affordable.

Yes, they were super cheap, because they were basically useless to most people. When the wardrobe unlocked, I bought a bunch, speculating that "someday" ANet would introduce an outfit. Someday never came and I got rid of them (at a modest loss). I don't feel too bad though; it was still like 2 more years before they were finally added back into the game.

The common clothing is definitely worth getting, because it's really cheap and it isn't bad looking. It's worth it to have at least one outfit, if only for when you don't have time (or inclination) to transmute or worry about fashion.

@BlueJin.4127 said:I really want the Dragon Emblem Clothing Outfit. Unfortunately, I was in another country when they did the promo a few months ago. :(

You might be glad, since a lot of people pulled their hair out trying to get that to work (plus there were privacy issues raised, if you actually used your active social media account for the promotion).

That said, since they have made the Dragon Emblem tonic available outside of ANet hosted live events once, I'm willing to bet that they will do so again. (Although not holding my breath about how long it might take or how onerous the requirements might be.)

Archived