Why were Marjory and Kasmeer missing in this episode? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

JANUARY 2019 AFC: Members of the team that created Episode 5 of Living World Season 4 – All or Nothing – will be participating in an ArenaNet Forum Chat that is open to your posts now and runs through Friday, January 18. Join us in the dedicated AFC Subforum!

Why were Marjory and Kasmeer missing in this episode?

Am I the only one wondering about the absence of Kas and Jory in this historic fight? Where on Tyria are they??


My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

Tagged:

Comments

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    I was wondering this as well. Seems odd they did not show up for something so important. Can't seem to remember exactly how they were written out. I know the fight with Kralk is sort of "last minute" in the end, but still seems weird they weren't even referenced. Like, there was no line saying "Marjory and Kass aren't going to make it here in time for the battle."

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    I was wondering this as well. Seems odd they did not show up for something so important. Can't seem to remember exactly how they were written out.

    They weren't. As far as I recall, they were the ones tracking down Kralkatorrik in the Shiverpeaks. :o


    My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    I was wondering this as well. Seems odd they did not show up for something so important. Can't seem to remember exactly how they were written out.

    They weren't. As far as I recall, they were the ones tracking down Kralkatorrik in the Shiverpeaks. :o

    Hmm, now that you mention it, I think they went to the area Kralk first woke up in - charr/bloodlegion homelands? The speculation at the moment is that we'll go there next episode, so it's likely we'll run into them there if so.

    Still, the lack of even a reference to them feels like a bit of an oversight. Maybe it's something that got cut?

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    Hmm, now that you mention it, I think they went to the area Kralk first woke up in - charr/bloodlegion homelands? The speculation at the moment is that we'll go there next episode, so it's likely we'll run into them there if so.

    I hope you are right. :)

    Still, the lack of even a reference to them feels like a bit of an oversight. Maybe it's something that got cut?

    Could be. How long again till next episode? ;)


    My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    Not soon enough!

  • There is a topic on the reddit where player posted an info about it. Taimi talks with Jory and Kas from time to time. (I'm not sure I can add a link on another site so say me if it doesn't allowed)

  • Silyth.7382Silyth.7382 Member ✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

    The last we heard was that Taimi has been trying to reach them and that she hasn't been able to. We instructed her to let us know the moment we know.

    My guess:

    They were branded and will show up as boss fights later on or the ones we experiment with to figure out how to unbrand something. But pretty sure they are two of the deaths we don't get to know about yet.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

    @Silyth.7382: You don't need to place mere speculations in a spoiler tag. ;)

    And what you are suggesting is so unlikely it made me laugh. :) It is much more likely that they will be the key to a solution to resolve the situation at hand.

    @Annette.6278 said:
    There is a topic on the reddit where player posted an info about it.

    Thank you! :+1:


    My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

  • Man, I dunno, but I'd really like a visual reminder that I haven't been hallucinating Marjory's existence since S2. My poor swept-under-the-rug sarcasm lesbian... :'(

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

    @Annette.6278 - Thank you for sharing that. Very helpful!

    @foozlesprite.8051 - I'm sure we'll get more of Marjory soon. Their trend to rotate characters makes me think she'll either be part of the next episode, or a big part of season 6. At least we got some confirmation that they're together and doing okay. :)

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svennis.3852 said:
    @foozlesprite.8051 - I'm sure we'll get more of Marjory soon. Their trend to rotate characters makes me think she'll either be part of the next episode, or a big part of season 6. At least we got some confirmation that they're together and doing okay. :)

    Season 5, you mean. ;)

    And yes, since Taimi has been communicating with her in this episode, I also suspect to see her and Kas again during the next episode. :)


    My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Anet has previously said given the format of an episode, they need to make tough calls on npc numbers. Their omission is likely due to keeping things a bit tighter.

    Personally, I kind of like the idea a guild is split up across the World - either scouting ahead or on different objectives entirely.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019

    This might be of interest to some (I didn't check to see if it was in those other links)

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65980/all-or-nothing-spoiler-kas-and-jory-dialogue#latest

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • @Randulf.7614 said:
    This might be of interest to some (I didn't check to see if it was in those other links)

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65980/all-or-nothing-spoiler-kas-and-jory-dialogue#latest

    Yep! Kas and Marjory have dialog with Taimi. They are essentially the evacuation crew going to areas that Kralk is attack from the mists. Now that the tracker is on Kralk, they can get a head a bit and help people out.

  • Mesmer portals are OP for evacuations.

  • Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭

    @Andrew Gray.5816 said:
    Mesmer portals are OP for evacuations.

    No wonder they got nerfed in PvP. Rolls eyes

  • Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

    i must say it give a little hint of what Marjory and Kas were doing this time but... what of Zoja the one we here nothing from for a very long time what is up with her why she not helping us is she about to die whats up?

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Clayton Kisko.5207 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    This might be of interest to some (I didn't check to see if it was in those other links)

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65980/all-or-nothing-spoiler-kas-and-jory-dialogue#latest

    Yep! Kas and Marjory have dialog with Taimi. They are essentially the evacuation crew going to areas that Kralk is attack from the mists. Now that the tracker is on Kralk, they can get a head a bit and help people out.

    I tried staying next to Taimi for hours and the dialogue never popped up for me.


    My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.