New spec suggestion Jade Kirin

Ithilwen.1529

I chose a Canthan name, because that seems likely to be the next expansion. The Kirin is a unicorn-like mythical animal.

In essence, this spec would dispose of Clones and Phantasms. Instead it would do direct and indirect mental damage.

The indirect damage would take the form of a counter. For example: a blue aura that would cause damage if the Mesmer was attacked with a projectile. On the other hand, a purple aura would destroy an incoming spell and damage the caster. This would bring Mesmer back to being a sabotage class.

The direct damage would be health degeneration, like the old form [Migraine] or [Conjure Phantasm]. This power would NOT be affected by line-of-sight.

Secondary skills could be something like {Sum of All Fears] that slows the enemy casting and movement. It would be like chill but a hex rather than condition.

Playing Original Guild Wars has made me really appreciate the old Mesmer form. It's fun to play and woe betide if you don't keep an eye on what hexes/boons you have. My idea would also add more strategy to the game play, as opposed to fast twitch muscle memory.

I also really want to see a cloneless specialization. If you look at my signature, I also made an Elite Specialization suggestion that tried to get rid of clones while still providing value for traits, skills that create clones, and traits that used to create clones and trying to capture a more traditional GW1 feel for mesmers. It's like 2,000 words of game mechanic fan fiction.

Archived