Wrong PoI ANET

Rikimaru.7890

You made "The Hammer's Hoard" obtainable by just hugging the gate leading to it, which is wrong as the correct one should have been "The Consul's Tomb."Why? Because "The Hammer's Hoard" you can reach every day, while "The Consul's Tomb" is random.Yeah, yeah you can reach "The Consul's Tomb" by doing the story, however a lot of players have no interest in doing the story just to finish their map completion. More over it breaks the purpose of the Teleportation Scroll's as we can use them to make our alternate characters reach the new zones without the need to redo the story on them. What use do we have for the scroll's if we have to do the story either way?So here is what you should do: Either make it also available by hugging the gate that leads to it, or keep it the way it is but with a certain change to how the gates work.What do I mean? Well the gates can only be opened once per day per account, however they close just from swapping characters, so change them in such a way that the gates that have been opened that day remain opened for whole account until the daily reset. How does that help? Well let's say you have been clearing the map on 2 characters once per day but neither of them got the purple plate, so both are still missing "The Consul's Tomb" PoI. However, now you are clearing the map with a 3rd character and they do get the purple plate, so if the gates remain opened for the whole account all you have to do is swap to those other 2 characters and they can reach the "The Consul's Tomb" to complete the map too.And it would not break anything, because only the character that gives the Light of Deldrimor Plate to Frodak Steelstar recieve the Light of Deldrimor, with which they can find the hidden chests, so it's not like anyone would be able to loot them 10+ times each day due to this change.

It is true that you can reach it via story instance, but I doubt people with many alts want to spend 20 mins repeatedly (listening to the same unskippable dialogue again and again) just to reach a POI for map comp. That's not "playing the game" anymore (as some present as an argument for keeping it the way it is) - that's an unfun grind and time you could spend actually playing the game and having fun while doing so.

I got the POI with teleport to friend on all my chars - there are people on lfg every now and then offerning to stay at the POI for a bit. But that's not a viable option for those who haven't got hundreds of teleport stones lying around.

The fact that you cannot even park a Mesmer in there (you get kicked from the room on relog) doesn't make the situation any better either.

I don't see any reason not to change the POI acquisition for this room as well (other than egoism on part of those people who have the POI unlocked already).

@"Rayti.6531" said:It is true that you can reach it via story instance, but I doubt people with many alts want to spend 20 mins repeatedly (listening to the same unskippable dialogue again and again) just to reach a POI for map comp. That's not "playing the game" anymore (as some present as an argument for keeping it the way it is) - that's an unfun grind and time you could spend actually playing the game and having fun while doing so.

I got the POI with teleport to friend on all my chars - there are people on lfg every now and then offerning to stay at the POI for a bit. But that's not a viable option for those who haven't got hundreds of teleport stones lying around.

The fact that you cannot even park a Mesmer in there (you get kicked from the room on relog) doesn't make the situation any better either.

I don't see any reason not to change the POI acquisition for this room as well (other than egoism on part of those people who have the POI unlocked already).

Well, at least 20 minutes per character is better than 3+ hours of meta event hunting, tomb raiding, graveling killing per day per character.

I wouldn't be opposed to making The Consol's Tomb POI acquirable the same way though.

@"Rikimaru.7890" said:"The Hammer's Hoard" you can reach every day**That's no more realistic than expecting people to do the story. I'd argue it might be less realistic: the story takes perhaps 30 minutes, cannot fail, and can be done at any time. Reaching Hammer's Hoard requires completing two metas that require being on the map at least 10-15 minutes each, can fail, have to be done at specific times an hour apart, and then require completing a puzzle in a different part of the map.

In other words, if they only fix one, then Hammer's Hoard was indeed a better choice than Consol's Tomb.

However, it's really a moot point, since wouldn't it be more fun for more people if ANet simply made all of the POI accessible from outside the rooms?

Anet heard you

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug that prevented Brand Crystals from appearing during the "Defend the Deldrimor Ruins from the mist rift attack" event, making the "A Different Kind of Shatterer" achievement much harder to complete.Fixed a bug in which the Hammer's Hoard point of interest could not be activated from outside of the gate.

Both need to be fixed, even the tomb one. Yeah it's cool you do the story, blah blah blah.. but after the third toon doing the story you have enough. Just see some other poi of the map, some of them literally have 1000m detection range like "Deldrimor garrison" one you don't even need to step on it! The fact that one is unnacessible look like a joke, was the same thing with research vault beta in domain of kourna. You should be able to complete the map in one run. Frankly, would you be happy to wait 30 min on every core map just to have the last poi? Me not. Gave my thumb up to op.The issue is half-fixed.

I reread OP's post. I stand corrected. It is about both POI's. Thanks @Gehenna.3625

I'm gonna have to disagree with him as well. I think both POI's should be accessible by gatehugging, not one or the other, or the RNG nature of the Dwarven Catacombs needs to go. I did the mini-JP in the Dwarven Catacombs that has those two POI's and, speaking for myself, I'm only going to do it enough to get the Achievement Points associated with it before I peace out and move on. Same with the Achievement Points associated with the metas in that map.

I know the big draw of the map is to get those Exquisite Serpentine Jewels so players will make the Dragonsblood weapons, which means doing the metas and doing the Dwarven Catacombs puzzle multiple times. However, after doing one of the weapons and the things associated to unlock the Ascended Heroic recipe of the same weapon, I don't see myself doing another one (especially after seeing and reading about what's involved with the Axe). Therefore, I don't see myself doing the meta just for map completion.

@"hugo.4705" said:Both need to be fixed, even the tomb one. Yeah it's cool you do the story, blah blah blah.. but after the third toon doing the story you have enough. Just see some other poi of the map, some of them literally have 1000m detection range like "Deldrimor garrison" one you don't even need to step on it! The fact that one is unnacessible look like a joke, was the same thing with research vault beta in domain of kourna. You should be able to complete the map in one run. Frankly, would you be happy to wait 30 min on every core map just to have the last poi? Me not. Gave my thumb up to op.The issue is half-fixed.It's a long-standing issue with POIs, some of them activate from ridiculous distances, some of them you need to be literally on top of.

While we're at it, the great hall POI in Istan and the specimen chamber POI in Sandswept also need to be obtainable from outside.

I agree with the op that the wrong one was fixed. Map completion should include doing the major events on a map, not just running around in the map. I find this particularly desirable on a map like Thunderhead Peaks that has only four very quick hearts and no hero points. Map completion should indicate that the toon spent at least some time there doing something. I don't think the story requirement is completely unreasonable for an LS map since the map and the story are released at the same time, but story isn't as much a part of a map as its metas are. So if they were going to change one, Consul's Tomb would have made more sense . . .

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:Yup totally agree, so to sum up, the ones which needs to be activated from outside within ls4 maps with reasons:-Domain of Istan: Great Hall POI -> Locked behind meta-Sandswept Isles: Specimen Chamber POI -> Locked behind meta-Domain of kourna: Research vault Beta POI -> Locked behind event /!\ plus Imperial center for applied pestilence POI (behind meta)-Jahai Bluffs: Fortress Coutyard POI -> Locked behind race event-Thunderhead Peaks: The Consul's Tomb POI -> Locked behind story/meta

So, wow nice coincidence, one per ls4 map.

@"Rikimaru.7890" said:You made "The Hammer's Hoard" obtainable by just hugging the gate leading to it, which is wrong as the correct one should have been "The Consul's Tomb."Why? Because "The Hammer's Hoard" you can reach every day, while "The Consul's Tomb" is random.

You can reach all POIs without having to do the daily treasure room run. The purple room you enter via story, the rest you get from outside any of the rooms. One is a hallway further upstairs.

Archived