Daily's change when purchasing an Expansion.

Tumult.2578

I'd highly recommend that you be prepared for the change to Dailys that can occur after purchasing an expansion. I have an account with only core Tyria and the Dailys took about 10 minutes yesterday. I also have an account that started on day 3 of the game and has Hot, and last night I bought POF. One of the Dailys was to do a Devastation Bounty. That content appears to be at least 3 maps away from the story start. It took a long time to find this map and specific content, and about an hour more than what I can usually spend on the game each day. Of course we then need to kill a champ, apparently alone, and only after learning about it's specific abilities and attacks.

I understand the principle that Dailys should be designed to move us into new areas and new content. I don't agree with that intent at all , but I don't make the game so I go along with it. But in this case, It's totally messed up.

I don't know if this will properly address this issue but I would suggest that we not be given Dailys that take place in a location that is more than one map away from content that we have already opened. That way we are motivated to do new content and ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE OF COMPLETING IT, instead of literally wasting our time. Yes, I opened a few waypoints along the way but when your committed to doing new content, and the accompanying story, that happens anyway.

So, if you are considering purchasing an expansion, I would strongly suggest taking a good look at how the Dailys will change and get at least a rough Idea of where they are and what abilities and skills will be needed when you get there, so your not wasting your time.

Actually, for me, those are the annoying ones. I don't have an issue with the specific POF Dailys, just the access, considering the enhanced size of the maps and the unrealistic expectation that we learn 3 just to do a daily. I completed the Daily in WvW but only after realizing the POF Daily wasn't gonna happen.

I do enjoy the core Tyria Dailys and expect that I will enjoy some of the POF dailys too and I expect that when I gain the other mounts those will come much easier.I just disagree with including all POF Dailys immediately, before we even start the story, open any of the big maps, or have acquired a mount or two.

It's a temporary disruption that everyone has gone through (if they purchased the expansions). So at least, it's consistently applied.

@Tumult.2578 said:I just disagree with including all POF Dailys immediately, before we even start the story, open any of the big maps, or have acquired a mount or two.It's a little odd, yeah. Still, I'm reasonably certain that it would be costly to change the trigger.

I prefer the alternative solution that some have proposed: expand the selection of dailies so that owning an expansion adds 1-2 options (each that requires the specific expansion), and restricting the initial 3-4 options to Core Tyria.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It's a temporary disruption that everyone has gone through (if they purchased the expansions). So at least, it's consistently applied.

@Tumult.2578 said:I just disagree with including all POF Dailys immediately, before we even start the story, open any of the big maps, or have acquired a mount or two.It's a little odd, yeah. Still, I'm reasonably certain that it would be costly to change the trigger.

I prefer the alternative solution that some have proposed: expand the selection of dailies so that owning an expansion adds 1-2 options (each that requires the specific expansion), and restricting the initial 3-4 options to Core Tyria.

That is a solid alternative IMO.

@Tumult.2578 said:Of course we then need to kill a champ, apparently alone, and only after learning about it's specific abilities and attacks.If you mean the bounty then no, you don't need to do that alone. If you see a group fighting the bounty, just try to get some attacks in. This will count as completing the daily, as soon as the bounty champ drops dead. You should be able to find squads in the LFG that goes for a bounty that's a daily, though.

It always bothered me that dailies only considered what you had access to and not what you've actually opened, it felt like they were trying to rush me through the content. But since the daily ap cap it doesn't really matter, a missed day just pushes your last day one day further into the future, nbd . . .

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:It's also worth remembering you don't need to do the daily achievement every single day. If you can't find 3 achievements you want to do you can always skip it and try again tomorrow. All it means is it will take you 1 day more to reach the AP cap.

except for the 2 gold.....

Yeah but there's other ways to get 2g quickly if you want to. I'm not saying the dailies are never worth doing, just that if it's more trouble than it's worth because of the options available that day it's better to skip it than waste time trying to complete them anyway.

@Tumult.2578 said:Of course we then need to kill a champ, apparently alone, and only after learning about it's specific abilities and attacks.

Nooo! :) Bounties are not supposed to be done alone, and when it's a daily, you will always find a squad doing at least one of those. Check LFG if there is no Commander or Mentor showing on your current map instance. :+1:

I agree, though, that the addition of PoF dailies should be optional. I am rarely in the mood to do bounties for a daily but do them anyway as it's quicker than doing a match of PvP.

Archived