Congratulations on the LWS4 Episode 5

Sorem.9157

What a blast!

I loved the new map, the content, the collections, the dialogues, the fights, the metas, the scenario, THE STORY (yes, the ending was brilliant, in my opinion): everything was on point! The mechanics of that last fight, oh my! Everything was exceptionally well done and i must say that i am grateful for being able to experience it.

Credit must be given when it is due and i must say Great Job to ArenaNet and all the developers that took part on this episode. Awesome work.

HYPE FOR EPISODE 6

I’m sorry, but what’s wrong with Kourna? As far as the story goes Istan was my favorite (I really like that prison break mission), followed by Kourna (ending was great) and Ep5. Episode 2 was rather forgettable and although Jahai has a nice touch, main story isn’t really that engaging in my humble opinion (that part when you run away from Kralk is pretty good tho).

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@Sorem.9157 said:HYPE FOR EPISODE 6

You might wanna hold your horses there chief. Remember Kourna? Guess who's making ep 6...

@Omernon.9762 said:I’m sorry, but what’s wrong with Kourna?

It was released unfinished, despite being delayed. Parts of map inaccessible (the fortress). Main meta cut down (was supposed to be 3 alleys), and large zones with nothing going on in them (north desert).

The story itself was good, i do love Joko and enjoyed that part as well. But the map itself is by far the worst of all 5, if only on account being only one that was shipped unfinished. I dread the last map (which should be most amazing) being done by the team that delievered the weakest one.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@Sorem.9157 said:HYPE FOR EPISODE 6

You might wanna hold your horses there chief. Remember Kourna? Guess who's making ep 6...

Kourna's story missions were far better than All or Nothing just in terms of gameplay. Like if you look at the first mission with the Tyrian Envoy, the mission to set up base, and everything about the final mission with the showdown with Joko were all far more interesting mechanically than Kralk's boss fight which is largely fighting zergs of nonthreatening mobs to power up crystals at which point you fight static objects. It's a less mechanically interesting and interactive version of the Octovine fight.

Regarding gameplay, the teams behind designing the broad strokes of the story and implementing the actual episodes are both different teams. This episode ended big note with a pretty burtal cliff hanger that's going to be mostly independent from the teams designing the maps and missions.

@Omernon.9762 said:I’m sorry, but what’s wrong with Kourna?

Nothing, except for the pseudo-meta. ;)

@mortrialus.3062 said:Kourna's story missions were far better than All or Nothing just in terms of gameplay.

Yep, these episode's missions were extremely boring to do in comparison, even though the finale with its cutscenes as well as its cinematography was extraordinary.

Archived