Request to make the forge in Thunderhead Peaks a "town"

Xenon.4537

I really love the dragon blood forge. The story surrounding it and the aesthetic. But my favorite part is the beautiful ambient humming. I want this place to be like my home base. Can we get a bank and maybe some crafting stations in here? It is a FORGE after all, we should be able to FORGE things here!

If not... then maybe an option to use the humming music while I'm in the mistlock sanctuary? Please Anet? :cry:

@yusha.2569 said:are we sure it was destroyed ? The auditorium was huge so the fight may not have reached it

Uhm, the explosives supposedly brought down the whole mountain on that place, so I am quite positive that we are walking in an alternate reality on this map after having finished the last mission. ;)

P.S. The cave lies much deeper than the Forge, so top levels definitely got hit harder, no?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@yusha.2569 said:are we sure it was destroyed ? The auditorium was huge so the fight may not have reached it

Uhm, the explosives supposedly brought down the whole mountain on that place, so I am quite positive that we are walking in an alternate reality on this map after having finished the last mission. ;)

P.S. The cave lies much deeper than the Forge, so top levels definitely got hit harder, no?

I think it's safe to assume the actual forge area is mostly safe. The part that got hit with explosives was the cavern opening far to the south end where Kralk poked his head inside. The forge is basically on the other end of the map up north. Maybe i need to replay the mission but the part where Kralk blasts is below and south of the forge. I think as far as Anet is concerned all the destruction is contained to the cavern. I'm not even sure if you can get in there in the open world, can you?

@Xenon.4537 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Since it was destroyed, it is unlikely we will see it again. ;)

I'm referring to the area with the waypoint and the lava where the exalted dude hangs out.

I know what area you were referring to. There is only one Forge, after all. ;)

Since that area is persistent in the open world

...which is the design paradoxon you have to live with.

and you end up there after the story, I think it's safe to say it remains mostly intact.

That was just "lazy" design. It would have been nice if the team had added an "after the confrontation" version of the map for those already through with the story, but I don't think that is possible in the way the devs designed the world. Besides, you wouldn't be able to participate in the meta events and continue with your achievements on that character had they done that. (It's one of the facts that took away a great portion of the joy for me which I experienced when I first set foot on this map. I know that is no longer the status quo, and it makes doing the aforementioned things much less enjoyable for me, with that bad aftertaste from the final mission still lingering in my mouth.)

@Xenon.4537 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Since it was destroyed, it is unlikely we will see it again. ;)

I'm referring to the area with the waypoint and the lava where the exalted dude hangs out. Since that area is persistent in the open world and you end up there after the story, I think it's safe to say it remains mostly intact.

This is not how open world works. The open world is always frozen in time and does not show the world after the story mission. Best example: HoT. Even if you killed the elder dragon 40x times, the NPC in the map still rally for the fight and so on. Just because the forge still exists in the open world, doesn't mean it still exists in future story missions (it's most likely caved in or badly damaged).Also, one meta in Thunderland Peaks is about gatherin oil FOR the attack on Kralk. So this map is in a frozen state at "before the big fight".

@"Xenon.4537" said:I'm not even sure if you can get in there in the open world, can you?

Technically you can. ;)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/60f8f9e05e4fc9ee726e2a975780a44f/tumblr_inline_plafitci1P1veyg23_1280.jpg

(This contains more screenshots from outside the map not limited to the forge area https://keeyasnowtail.tumblr.com/post/181986222731/what-a-lovely-place-to-explore-thunderhead-peaks )

Archived