[Suggestion] New Griffon skin

@Firebird Gomer.9563 said:Now is the perfect time for this.

Seeing as Aurene left her skin behind. :o Why cant we have it for our Griffons.

Too Soon?

I do actually want to see an Aurene skin for the Griffon that is acquired through achievement collections. Just like how we got the Griffon in PoF, we go through a series of collections that ultimately give us a skin post-episode content.

(sigh) Another Aurene mount skin thread? This has been argued, discussed, countered, diatribed, etc... already. Try the forums' search function next time please. ;)

One consensus is that ANet won't do this because Aurene is a story NPC and having the OWPvE skies cluttered with Aurenes would run counter to their story design. Another argument is that a dragon is not a griffon, so their body types wouldn't necessarily work to skin the former over the latter.And on and on, round and round ....

I don't think it would make any sense for Aurene to be a mount, there's only 1 of her so it would be weird if everyone was riding her. I was certain we'd get to ride her at some point in the story, just because it made sense to me and because after PoF she uses the same model as the griffon. Now I'm not sure that will happen, but you never know.

I'd love a generic dragon skin for the griffon (which people could then dye blue so it's kind of like aurene) but even that's a stretch considering there's been 3 dragons in the entire game which didn't want to kill us, and they're all unique story NPCs (and two of them are far too big to be mounts). Admittedly we've got branded mount skins which aren't entirely lore friendly (although most people seem to dye those so they don't look like branded) and awakened mounts (but if I remember correctly only after some of the awakened became friendly) so I guess it's not totally out of the question, but it would be a pretty unusual move.

I'm not even sure what a generic GW2 dragon would look like. About the only thing they seem to have in common is the number and position of their limbs - if you exclude Mordremoth of course, who seemed to be mostly made of vines.

@Talindra.4958 said:I don't wish to see Aurene skin for griffon ?

Other griffon skin I'd say maybe centaur, Phoenix (I really wish this), chicken/bird/snake/dragon like creature, dragon fly, butterfly.. lol I tried to be creative ..

There's a fire griffon which is sort-of like a phoenix (unfortunately it's one of the RNG only mount skins). Something like the GW1 rainbow phoenix would be amazing though.

Personally, I don't care for skins on mounts that represent other animals that aren't "biologically" built in the same fashion. A pheonix is a bird; a griffon is not. I wouldn't like to see a pheonix skin for this reason.

But you know what they say about opinions and kitten-holes.... everybody has 'em. ;)

Archived