Insanely overpowered ranger skills - Eg. Whirling Defense does more damage than hundred blades

Ruufio.1496

So let's discuss why so many ranger abilities are completely overpowered for the realm of Guild Wars 2 combat.

Dolyak StanceThis is the only -33% dmg reduction ability in the game that stacks additively. Others such as bulwark gyro and guard! are multiplicative (meaning ~9% on top of just protection)

Incredibly overpowered. That's 66% with prot and dolyak stance. All such 33% reduction should honestly just be 10% flat reduction or have other unique effects (probably the more balanced choice so stacking them isn't a thing)

Whirling DefenseJuly 23, 2013 -This skill now grants 4 seconds of retaliation for the duration of the skill.April 19, 2016 - The damage per strike has been increased by 100%.November 07, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%ONLY A MONTH LATERDecember 12, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%.

In addition to being a whirl finisher and giving retaliation it also reflects projectiles and inflicts 12 stacks of vulnerability. In comparison, hundred blades does about half as much damage and only inflicts damage and nothing else. Balanced vs incredibly overpowered.

Moving on.

Winter's BiteJune 20, 2017 - The damage of this skill has been increased by 150%March 27, 2018 - Increased damage by 20% in PvP and WvW and the bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds.HONED AXES TRAITJanuary 26, 2016 - The ferocity bonus this trait grants has been increased from 150 to 250..

You also do not need to hit a target in order for your next attack to inflict weakness.

Prelude Lash5 target 300 radius AOE pull that also immobilizes. Because just having an AOE pull would be too weak.

Swoop (soulbeast)Range: 1200 Cooldown: 10 seconds.This should literally be nerfed in half. Eg 600 range and 20 second cooldown. Give them an evade if they whine about it.

Blackbear (soulbeast)Defy Pain - Immune to physical damage for 5 seconds.Unflinching Fortitude - Break stun, remove movement conditions and immunity to physical damage for 4 seconds.

Wow. 2 endure pain on 1 pet for a total of 9s immunity. OK. Throw in physical damage immunity signet here or there, maybe some permanent protection and... could you imagine if protection also reduced condition damage by 33% or ranger had access to resistance or mass condition clear? Boy that sure would be OP wouldn't it. You could go full berserker stats and be more survivable than a warrior with his mere 2 endure pains, critical hit immunity and blocks.

Second Skin33% condition damage reduction? Wow... How about nerfing it to 20%. It would still be strong as kiten.

All StancesTheir cooldowns are all WAY too low. What even is 25s cooldown on moa stance lmao. The uptime on that stance is almost 100%. 25s is practically spammable. Nerf all stances to at least 45s bare minimum.

Sick Em/Pets Prowess etc.Is this the highest damage modifier in the game? 40% is INSANE. Imagine if a superior version of hundred blades with a 7.92dmg modifier was buffed by 130% damage, had another 40% damage increase and threw a bunch of other damage modifiers on top of that. Did you know ranger has the most (and best!) damage modifiers in the game (as well as the most damage immunities)? It's not the minor damage modifiers that are the issue... but it is these INSANE ones. Honed axes 240 ferocity (WOAH), Pets Prowess 300 ferocity (HOLY KITTEN!!!!!!!) Attack of Opportunity 25% ... again... HUGE, Vicious Quarry 250 ferocity with fury... WHY SUCH HUGE FEROCITY BONUSES??????? Us engineers only get a reasonable 150 ferocity with fury.

What amazingly ridiculously insane damage modifiers those are. Meanwhile engineer had the 10% damage modiifier removed from tool kit because apparently it was OP to hit a 5k pry bar under best circumstances.

Protective WardWhy is the weakness AOE? Just to increase the random spam in combat?

LongbowFor the fivethousadnth time from the fiftyistthousandth person... the range is NOT 1500. Please fix.

The soulbeast is the most overpowered thing to ever exist in the entirety on Guild Wars 2. More overpowered than a scourge combined with preHoT cele ele combined with prePoF chronomancer. How is this allowed?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Prelude lash: No one is using thatBlackbear: No one is using thatSwoop: is not op at all, if you nerf this, bird beastmode is deadSecond skin: nerf is ok but not the right nerf... Protection Uptime is the problemStance cooldown: the cd of moa stance is not 25sec in pvp...No one uses honed axes... Sic EM Sniper is actually a way more "fair" and balanced build, i have No idea why u complain about beastmastery traitlineVicious quarry: thats in skirmishing and No one uses that...Protective ward: its ok for a gm trait( 30sec cd), it is the combination with winters bite weakness that makes it ugly

Overall i would say u have actually no clue about what u are complaining about, you dont even seem to know the build of boonbeast and what makes it broken (Spoiler alert, its the boons coming from boonmerge and nature magic boon share with pet). 10/10 Typical GW2 Rageboy :)

Sic em Sniper is not broken (compared to other builds in this Meta), boonbeast is, I give u that

...Treesixty ...

@"Ruufio.1496" said:So let's discuss why so many ranger abilities are completely overpowered for the realm of Guild Wars 2 combat.

Whirling DefenseJuly 23, 2013 -This skill now grants 4 seconds of retaliation for the duration of the skill.April 19, 2016 - The damage per strike has been increased by 100%.November 07, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%ONLY A MONTH LATERDecember 12, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%.

In addition to being a whirl finisher and giving retaliation it also reflects projectiles and inflicts 12 stacks of vulnerability. In comparison, hundred blades does about half as much damage and only inflicts damage and nothing else. Balanced vs incredibly overpowered.

Moving on.

Winter's BiteJune 20, 2017 - The damage of this skill has been increased by 150%March 27, 2018 - Increased damage by 20% in PvP and WvW and the bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds.HONED AXES TRAITJanuary 26, 2016 - The ferocity bonus this trait grants has been increased from 150 to 250..

You also do not need to hit a target in order for your next attack to inflict weakness.

Prelude Lash5 target 300 radius AOE pull that also immobilizes. Because just having an AOE pull would be too weak.

Swoop (soulbeast)Range: 1200 Cooldown: 10 seconds.This should literally be nerfed in half. Eg 600 range and 20 second cooldown. Give them an evade if they whine about it.

Blackbear (soulbeast)Defy Pain - Immune to physical damage for 5 seconds.Unflinching Fortitude - Break stun, remove movement conditions and immunity to physical damage for 4 seconds.

Wow. 2 endure pain on 1 pet for a total of 9s immunity. OK. Throw in physical damage immunity signet here or there, maybe some permanent protection and... could you imagine if protection also reduced condition damage by 33% or ranger had access to resistance or mass condition clear? Boy that sure would be OP wouldn't it. You could go full berserker stats and be more survivable than a warrior with his mere 2 endure pains, critical hit immunity and blocks.

Second Skin33% condition damage reduction? Wow... How about nerfing it to 20%. It would still be strong as kiten.

All StancesTheir cooldowns are all WAY too low. What even is 25s cooldown on moa stance lmao. The uptime on that stance is almost 100%. 25s is practically spammable. Nerf all stances to at least 45s bare minimum.

Sick Em/Pets Prowess etc.Is this the highest damage modifier in the game? 40% is INSANE. Imagine if a superior version of hundred blades with a 7.92dmg modifier was buffed by 130% damage, had another 40% damage increase and threw a bunch of other damage modifiers on top of that. Did you know ranger has the most (and best!) damage modifiers in the game (as well as the most damage immunities)? It's not the minor damage modifiers that are the issue... but it is these INSANE ones. Honed axes 240 ferocity (WOAH), Pets Prowess 300 ferocity (HOLY KITTEN!!!!!!!) Attack of Opportunity 25% ... again... HUGE, Vicious Quarry 250 ferocity with fury... WHY SUCH HUGE FEROCITY BONUSES??????? Us engineers only get a reasonable 150 ferocity with fury.

What amazingly ridiculously insane damage modifiers those are. Meanwhile engineer had the 10% damage modiifier removed from tool kit because apparently it was OP to hit a 5k pry bar under best circumstances.

Protective WardWhy is the weakness AOE? Just to increase the random spam in combat?

LongbowFor the fivethousadnth time from the fiftyistthousandth person... the range is NOT 1500. Please fix.

The soulbeast is the most overpowered thing to ever exist in the entirety on Guild Wars 2. More overpowered than a scourge combined with preHoT cele ele combined with prePoF chronomancer. How is this allowed?

Seems like you are newer to wvw and spvp, and I’d like to suggest posting your builds so we can review and help you.

Use this site to create your builds and just post a link when you are done!

http://en.gw2skills.net

You're right I forgot to mention some other abilities. That boon from pets one also needs nerfed.

Btw yes rocket boots should be nerfed too by not becoming an ammo skill. So should mirage spammable sword leap. And I'm aware of the disgusting sustain of holosmith and the damage in WvW in which the PvP nerfs should have carried over. And heat therapy should be nerfed also.

But soulbeast is more overpowered even still. Engineer lost passive invuln and condition clear with elixirs. The only real reason you can't kill a holosmith is because rock boots are a kitten utility just like soulbeast swoop is.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:You're right I forgot to mention some other abilities. That boon from pets one also needs nerfed.

Btw yes rocket boots should be nerfed too by not becoming an ammo skill. So should mirage spammable sword leap. And I'm aware of the disgusting sustain of holosmith and the damage in WvW in which the PvP nerfs should have carried over. And heat therapy should be nerfed also.

But soulbeast is more overpowered even still. Engineer lost passive invuln and condition clear with elixirs. The only real reason you can't kill a holosmith is because rock boots are a kitten utility just like soulbeast swoop is.

Please avoid the constant spam of the same stuff... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64059/everything-that-needs-to-be-nerfed-on-soulbeast-ranger-and-a-few-other-classes

You seem like you need help more than any class needs a nerf. You complained about mobility and boons and damage reduction and range in the last thread... and you don’t even know the comparable capabilities of your main class... the engineer.

I’d suggest asking for input and help while you learn about the game from a wvw and pvp perspective, instead of spamming the forums with the same gripes... 99% of your issues are within you. We will help you if you need, but you’re not asking, you’re just complaining while coming across like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

This game is not “1v1 wars 2” either, so keep that in mind.

I have roamed with Soulbeast since PoF launched and have observed its power increase as other classes/specs have been nerfed. I don't play it much anymore, but I do believe it is still too overperforming. Here are some nerfs that I think are reasonable, from a perspective of both playing one extensively and fighting against them:

-Dolyak Stance: Remove the damage/condi damage reduction component. This was completely unnecessary. The skill was already fantastic as it was before. Have the increased 40s CD apply to WvW too.-"Sic 'Em": Add a noticeable visual effect to the Soulbeast or pet when activated, similar to Strength of the Pack. Decrease the duration to 6-8s in WvW/PvP only.-Unstoppable Union: Decrease Unblockable duration to 2-3s in WvW/PvP only.-Fresh Reinforcement: Decrease Stability duration to 2.5-3s in WvW/PvP only. Decrease Quickness duration to 1.5-2s in WvW/PvP only.-Moa Stance: Remove Protection application. Increase CD to 40s in WvW, as it is in PvP.-Smoke Assault (Merged): Decrease range from 750 to 600. Add 1/2-3/4s cast time. (This is to make it more similar to Rev's Unrelenting Assault, which has clear counterplay. It being instant cast it the main culprit here IMO.)-Stoneform: Remove this from the game. Trait rewards bad playing. Replace it with something that is still worth taking.-Soften the Fall: Reduce Immobilization duration to 1s. Reduce Lesser Muddy Terrain duration to 5s. (This trait is WAY too good for an adept. Hardly a "lesser" version of MT.)-Winter's Bite: Add a clear visual tell to this skill, similarly to how they changed Rev's sword 4.-Unflinching Fortitude: Have it no longer remove movement-impairing conditions. There is already Dolyak Stance for this.

I don't want to see the spec burn, but overall it is way too forgiving. Although I believe its damage is an issue, damage in general is too high in the game and is not isolated to just Ranger, so I won't touch on that. Also, there are many underperforming aspects of Ranger that I do think need buffs/attention, so some of that would be nice too.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I have roamed with Soulbeast since PoF launched and have observed its power increase as other classes/specs have been nerfed. I don't play it much anymore, but I do believe it is still too overperforming. Here are some nerfs that I think are reasonable, from a perspective of both playing one extensively and fighting against them:

-Dolyak Stance: Remove the damage/condi damage reduction component. This was completely unnecessary. The skill was already fantastic as it was before. Have the increased 40s CD apply to WvW too.-"Sic 'Em": Add a noticeable visual effect to the Soulbeast or pet when activated, similar to Strength of the Pack. Decrease the duration to 6-8s in WvW/PvP only.-Unstoppable Union: Decrease Unblockable duration to 2-3s in WvW/PvP only.-Fresh Reinforcement: Decrease Stability duration to 2.5-3s in WvW/PvP only. Decrease Quickness duration to 1.5-2s in WvW/PvP only.-Moa Stance: Remove Protection application. Increase CD to 40s in WvW, as it is in PvP.-Smoke Assault (Merged): Decrease range from 750 to 600. Add 1/2-3/4s cast time. (This is to make it more similar to Rev's Unrelenting Assault, which has clear counterplay. It being instant cast it the main culprit here IMO.)-Stoneform: Remove this from the game. Trait rewards bad playing. Replace it with something that is still worth taking.-Soften the Fall: Reduce Immobilization duration to 1s. Reduce Lesser Muddy Terrain duration to 5s. (This trait is WAY too good for an adept. Hardly a "lesser" version of MT.)-Winter's Bite: Add a clear visual tell to this skill, similarly to how they changed Rev's sword 4.-Unflinching Fortitude: Have it no longer remove movement-impairing conditions. There is already Dolyak Stance for this.

I don't want to see the spec burn, but overall it is way too forgiving. Although I believe its damage is an issue, damage in general is too high in the game and is not isolated to just Ranger, so I won't touch on that. Also, there are many underperforming aspects of Ranger that I do think need buffs/attention, so some of that would be nice too.

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems to me that the only class that has received a big nerf has been full counter warrior the rest is intact, ranger is one of the best roaming classes, it would be like saying scougers / FB are OP in the zergs or say ranger needs buffs because in 6 years he never had a meta build zergs.You've probably played it so much that you've never realized that winter's byte already has an animation and stoneform is not used in any boonbeast build, I do not understand why there should not be 2 skills that perform the same function or why you want to remove protection from a 40-second skill but anyway the game is balanced in pvp (for that little), wvw is a broken mode, between total immunity, red circles, permanent invisibility, etc .. no one knows where to start. xD

"A ranger beat me in pvp/wvw so please nerf them. i've never played ranger or understand how the build works but please nerf them anyway, TOO OP!!"

the only reason boonbeast is seemingly OP is because scourge doesn't see as much play right now in pvp and spellbreaker doesn't run winds so boons don't get ripped. Heavy boonrip would end boonbeast pretty quickly. Sic EM Sniper is a very strong build but it's less defensive than a thief or mesmer while filling the same role, +1 dps and roaming.Ranger can ONLY roam in wvw, sure it can run in a zerg but not as effectively when compared to the other meta classes. In wvw, where you do see a lot more boonrip, boonbeast still is not viable in zergs, it's too dependent on boons to survive. Ranger has always been a strong 1v1 duelist, that's how it's been since launch, boonbeast just allows for more teamplay than druid or core.I've played all 9 professions to plat at some point so at least have a basic understanding of how they all work so i can time my CC's and utilities. It amazes me that people can still complain about a profession this much without ever having touched it or played it enough to truly understand it's strength and weaknesses.

@Prophet.1584 said:"A ranger beat me in pvp/wvw so please nerf them. i've never played ranger or understand how the build works but please nerf them anyway, TOO OP!!"

the only reason boonbeast is seemingly OP is because scourge doesn't see as much play right now in pvp and spellbreaker doesn't run winds so boons don't get ripped. Heavy boonrip would end boonbeast pretty quickly. Sic EM Sniper is a very strong build but it's less defensive than a thief or mesmer while filling the same role, +1 dps and roaming.Ranger can ONLY roam in wvw, sure it can run in a zerg but not as effectively when compared to the other meta classes. In wvw, where you do see a lot more boonrip, boonbeast still is not viable in zergs, it's too dependent on boons to survive. Ranger has always been a strong 1v1 duelist, that's how it's been since launch, boonbeast just allows for more teamplay than druid or core.I've played all 9 professions to plat at some point so at least have a basic understanding of how they all work so i can time my CC's and utilities. It amazes me that people can still complain about a profession this much without ever having touched it or played it enough to truly understand it's strength and weaknesses.

@Prophet.1584 be careful, I just got a warning for saying something as you said, about someone. Ofc my comment was deleted, even I didn't mention a person specifically. But seems a person who posts all the time, the same thing about how to nerf a class just because he can't beat it or understand it, is more agreeable.In the same time, what you said it is very true!!!

@"Prophet.1584" said:"A ranger beat me in pvp/wvw so please nerf them. i've never played ranger or understand how the build works but please nerf them anyway, TOO OP!!"

Boon Rip > Swoop Greatsword opposite direction > Swoop Owl opposite direction > Ranger is now at least 2200 range away from you and out of combat. If he isn't out of combat then he also quickening zephyr to create distance which ALSO grants superspeed because it was ALSO buffed for no reason other than to create the most overpowered spec in existence.

No one cares about zerg fights. There is no skill involved in those compared to low mans.

@"anduriell.6280" said:Just move one step away and you get no damage.

Please, next. But next one do write something funny pls.

"Good" rangers use muddy terrain which immobs for 3s. By the time you've stunbroke and cleared immob your health is 50% if you're tanky. Dead if you're anything else. You should know this since you main ranger. Axe 4 > heal because lolmuddyterrain > axe 5.

Btw slow is a thing that exists.

@Revolution.5409 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I have roamed with Soulbeast since PoF launched and have observed its power increase as other classes/specs have been nerfed. I don't play it much anymore, but I do believe it is still too overperforming. Here are some nerfs that I think are reasonable, from a perspective of both playing one extensively and fighting against them:

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems to me that the only class that has received a big nerf has been full counter warrior the rest is intact, ranger is one of the best roaming classes, it would be like saying scougers / FB are OP in the zergs or say ranger needs buffs because in 6 years he never had a meta build zergs.You've probably played it so much that you've never realized that winter's byte already has an animation and stoneform is not used in any boonbeast build, I do not understand why there should not be 2 skills that perform the same function or why you want to remove protection from a 40-second skill but anyway the game is balanced in pvp (for that little), wvw is a broken mode, between total immunity, red circles, permanent invisibility, etc .. no one knows where to start. xD

Not sure why you are trying to demean me, but okay. Yes, I know that Winter's Bite has an animation. It is in the projectile itself. That's not what I am suggesting. Revenant's Sword 4 has a wind trail effect around the player when using it, so my suggestion would be to give WB something similar, like a frost aura of some sort. The skill hits very hard now so I think it is fair enough.I also know that Stoneform is not used in Boonbeast builds. I never stated that it is, but just because it isn't doesn't make it a healthy trait. It seems that ANet is wanting to move away from passive lifesaving traits (see Elixir E) and this would be one step towards that goal, which I think is ultimately a good change.My suggestions were to decrease the boon uptime on boonbeast variants (especially Protection, Stability, Quickness) because it is very easy to maintain very high uptime on most boons, as well as to decrease the burst windows for burst variants because in my opinion, they last a little too long. Both builds would still be completely viable, they would just require a little more thought when using them. The only direct nerf (beyond an animation change to WB) that would affect the core class is Soften the Fall.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

"Good" rangers use muddy terrain which immobs for 3s. By the time you've stunbroke and cleared immob your health is 50% if you're tanky. Dead if you're anything else. You should know this since you main ranger. Axe 4 > heal because lolmuddyterrain > axe 5.

Just 1 lil example so you can understand engineer better...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Holo_Leap

2 second cooldown with 600 range leap... combined with...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Configuration:_Zephyr

You need to study up on classes because you’re complaining about things that your main class can do too... You want to complain about mobility, Engi can build for it too... Boons? Yeah Engi can do that too.

There is a learning curve you need to address on your own by simply reading.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Just 1 lil example so you can understand engineer better...

2 second cooldown with 600 range leap... combined with...

You need to study up on classes because you’re complaining about things that your main class can do too... You want to complain about mobility, Engi can build for it too... Boons? Yeah Engi can do that too.

There is a learning curve you need to address on your own by simply reading.

@Swagger.1459 +10 from me ...

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Not sure why you are trying to demean me, but okay. Yes, I know that Winter's Bite has an animation. It is in the projectile itself. That's not what I am suggesting. Revenant's Sword 4 has a wind trail effect around the player when using it, so my suggestion would be to give WB something similar, like a frost aura of some sort. The skill hits very hard now so I think it is fair enough.I also know that Stoneform is not used in Boonbeast builds. I never stated that it is, but just because it isn't doesn't make it a healthy trait. It seems that ANet is wanting to move away from passive lifesaving traits (see Elixir E) and this would be one step towards that goal, which I think is ultimately a good change.My suggestions were to decrease the boon uptime on boonbeast variants (especially Protection, Stability, Quickness) because it is very easy to maintain very high uptime on most boons, as well as to decrease the burst windows for burst variants because in my opinion, they last a little too long. Both builds would still be completely viable, they would just require a little more thought when using them. The only direct nerf (beyond an animation change to WB) that would affect the core class is Soften the Fall.

it's a discussion, we talk, I just try to understand the point of other people better :)I understand what you want to say, but highlight too much a skill that is a single blow and not a burst would make it too predictable, let's not forget defy pain :)Surely removing boons from the skills is a solution, but it would not solve the problem, would make only the weakest skills and not the most balanced class, make right adjustments to Fresh Reinforcement in my opinion would solve the problem of the duration of the boons, for example make sure that does not work with plasma or set a lower time limit for the boons obtained from the pet, it would be a better solution :)

I can get behind @"Pterikdactyl.7630" suggestions: especially the better visual tell/cast time on sic'em and smoke assault and removing the passive stone signet (they are trying to do that for all the classes).

@Ruufio.1496 said:

If you keep getting hit by that combo, all you have to do is press shield 5, rifle 4, elixir S or rocket boots when you get hit by axe 4.

All of those skills will remove the immob and/or interrupt the combo. Rifle 4 is the only dicey one as it can be reflected but it'll still knock you away and clear the immob. Try to land that while they cast the heal. Of course, you could just have stability to prevent the pull or dodge the axe 4.

BTW, 3 of 4 of those skills are also instant cast so slow isn't an issue there. If you have really slow internet/reflexes, that is not a balance problem. However there is a solution: take reactive lenses instead of power wrench for the passive stun break on CC and hit the dodge button before the 1 second cast time on the heal.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Part 2 just to be even more helpful...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immobile

Engineer Skills that remove immobilizedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overcharged_Shothttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_Rhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rocket_Boots

Engineer Traits that reduce the effects of immobilizedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mecha_Legs

Engineer Traits that remove immobilizedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Configuration:_Zephyr

Engineer Weapon skills that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glue_Shothttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Net_Shot

Engineer Underwater weapon skills that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Net_Wall

Engineer Utility skills that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Net_Turret

Engineer Skills with special conditions that immobilize\https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electrified_Nethttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_Gunhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glue_Bombhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Net_Attack

For Comparison....

Ranger Weapon skills that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vine_Surge

Ranger Underwater weapon skills that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Man_O%27_War

Ranger Utility skills that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Muddy_Terrain

Ranger Elite skills that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Entangle

Ranger Skills with special conditions that immobilizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crippling_ShotPet- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Entangling_WebPet- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immobilizing_WhirlPet- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Intimidating_HowlPet- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paralyzing_Venom

Ranger Weapon skills that remove immobilizedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vine_Surge

Ranger Utility skills that remove immobilizedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Reflexeshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dolyak_Stance

Ranger Traits that apply immobilizedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancient_Seeds

Ranger Traits that reduce the effects of immobilizedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Natural_Stride

Rangers numbers are a bit overturned but the class is also so strong due to great class design on arenanets part(surprisingly) ranger has great synergies within its different traitlines and also trait lines that synergies well with other traitlines. That’s how all classes should be designed isn’t it? Some of the numbers need tuning down,that’s all

Passive SoS should either be removed or put elsewhere. It's legitimately stupid to put it in such a low-priority trait slot in an offensive line. I think ANet wanted to make MMS desirable because it somewhat lacks power otherwise compared to skirmishing and WS on core/druid, but it really is just lazy and there should be more incentive to play MMS through active play.

Sic 'Em is a problem, and the amount of free stats given by BM and pets are a problem when combined with things like extended damage immunity, high mobility, and extended unblockable attacks. BM+SB is basically permanent 20 might + fury + some extra damage and sustain without actually occupying might stacks or running the risk of being corrupted. It's a time-duration Pre-nerf-pre-nerf Assassin's Signet (yes, they nerfed it twice), which was game-shatteringly overpowered at launch and applied only to a single attack, had no extra benefits like revealed, and had a longer cooldown.

The issue is that like many other things in the game, soulbeast has a bloated kit and needs to have a bloated kit because a number of specs released in PoF also have incredibly bloated kits... like FB, Holo, Mirage, and to some extent, Deadeye (though even Deadeye's main issues are more symptoms of previous bad design in thief paired with two relatively thoughtless abilities rather than actual problems with the DE itself).

Ranger is particularly gross however just because of how safe it is. 1800 range attacks dealing an upwards of 7-10k damage (more with OWP) and its combo on an 8s cooldown dealing 50k+ damage in the span of a few seconds with a very high amount of mobility and at least one invuln (one of which is even passive), all on the same build, is not only just difficult to deal with, but frankly, extremely easy to play and do well with. It's strictly stronger than warrior has ever been, and by a very substantial margin at that, and frankly, miles easier.

We need to see the game toned down because in all honesty it's just no fun anymore. Especially when going back to core game content and in the PvP modes. One of ANet's main pillars of GW2 was to never phase out old content as to keep it feeling fresh and good. It's why we have downscaled events and dungeons and so on. It's why the gear level was never increased. And yet, the fundamental aspect of playing the game - the classes - bring so much extra power they render any and all of their predecessor content - including their predecessor classes - not just bad, but unenjoyable to deal with because of how easy and mindless it is.

When I go against a core game class with an elite spec at this point, I often feel I don't even need to think to beat them. That's not fun for me and it sure isn't fun for them. Soulbeast is the most egregious, followed by mirage and then holosmith.

WD, Prelude Lash, and the rest are all pretty okay Honestly, Swoop is a great addition for players who want to play the kiting-focused mobile DPS which core ranger and druid otherwise fail to deliver on. But the prominent builds running around right now are really oppressive and feel like they have no counterplay when playing a build with a slight disadvantage or which do not have blatant and direct answers, and often times, when the soulbeast plays well, have their answers negated thanks to things like unbockable attack access, stealth denial, substantial cleave and CC, and so on all within easy grasp.

Hell, I know a few ranger players who have even stopped playing the class because they stopped having fun with it largely being a free win in most matchups just because nothing really brings any real threat save condi mirage. But that's just OP vs OP...

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Passive SoS should either be removed or put elsewhere. It's legitimately stupid to put it in such a low-priority trait slot in an offensive line. I think ANet wanted to make MMS desirable because it somewhat lacks power otherwise compared to skirmishing and WS on core/druid, but it really is just lazy and there should be more incentive to play MMS through active play.

Sic 'Em is a problem, and the amount of free stats given by BM and pets are a problem when combined with things like extended damage immunity, high mobility, and extended unblockable attacks. BM+SB is basically permanent 20 might + fury + some extra damage and sustain without actually occupying might stacks or running the risk of being corrupted. It's a time-duration Pre-nerf-pre-nerf Assassin's Signet (yes, they nerfed it twice), which was game-shatteringly overpowered at launch and applied only to a single attack, had no extra benefits like revealed, and had a longer cooldown.

The issue is that like many other things in the game, soulbeast has a bloated kit and needs to have a bloated kit because a number of specs released in PoF also have incredibly bloated kits... like FB, Holo, Mirage, and to some extent, Deadeye (though even Deadeye's main issues are more symptoms of previous bad design in thief paired with two relatively thoughtless abilities rather than actual problems with the DE itself).

Ranger is particularly gross however just because of how safe it is. 1800 range attacks dealing an upwards of 7-10k damage (more with OWP) and its combo on an 8s cooldown dealing 50k+ damage in the span of a few seconds with a very high amount of mobility and at least one invuln (one of which is even passive), all on the same build, is not only just difficult to deal with, but frankly, extremely easy to play and do well with. It's strictly stronger than warrior has ever been, and by a very substantial margin at that, and frankly, miles easier.

We need to see the game toned down because in all honesty it's just no fun anymore. Especially when going back to core game content and in the PvP modes. One of ANet's main pillars of GW2 was to never phase out old content as to keep it feeling fresh and good. It's why we have downscaled events and dungeons and so on. It's why the gear level was never increased. And yet, the fundamental aspect of playing the game - the classes - bring so much extra power they render any and all of their predecessor content - including their predecessor classes - not just bad, but unenjoyable to deal with because of how easy and mindless it is.

When I go against a core game class with an elite spec at this point, I often feel I don't even need to think to beat them. That's not fun for me and it sure isn't fun for them. Soulbeast is the most egregious, followed by mirage and then holosmith.

WD, Prelude Lash, and the rest are all pretty okay Honestly, Swoop is a great addition for players who want to play the kiting-focused mobile DPS which core ranger and druid otherwise fail to deliver on. But the prominent builds running around right now are really oppressive and feel like they have no counterplay when playing a build with a slight disadvantage or which do not have blatant and direct answers, and often times, when the soulbeast plays well, have their answers negated thanks to things like unbockable attack access, stealth denial, substantial cleave and CC, and so on all within easy grasp.

Hell, I know a few ranger players who have even stopped playing the class because they stopped having fun with it largely being a free win in most matchups just because nothing really brings any real threat save condi mirage. But that's just OP vs OP...

Really, I can't stop laughing ... when I see someone saying Soulbeast is OP, that he can do 50k damage from 1800 ranger etc ... Yes, he can, as Mesmer and Thief can too, not from 1800, but from 1500. The only BIG difference is that Mesmer and Thief can easily escape after that burst, and Ranger can't!A good player with a balanced build always will beat a Sniper Soulbeast. Please don't look only on Youtube video, and get from there the idea Berserker Sic'em Build is OP, because is not vs good players.