Advice on Precocious Aurene - Final Battle? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Advice on Precocious Aurene - Final Battle?

I've done this before but today I'm having a lot of trouble with this. If I stay on the platform the leecher fully heals before the next chance to do coordinated attack. Most times when I get in the circle I never get the coordinated attack at all. I've spent a LOT of time trying to do this and not having any luck. Am I missing something?

Answers

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

You need to either dodge or get off the platform to avoid healing it. Its attacks will heal it if it hits you. You don't have to avoid everything but you will need to avoid at least some of it

• Bollocks.4078Bollocks.4078 Member ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

I get that part. Why do I not get the coordinated attack most of the time. Even if I stay far from the platform it still heals fully or almost fully before I manage to get a circle to give me the coordinated attack. It takes a bit longer for it to heal. I run back to the platform, stand in the circle get no attack. After 3 or 4 rounds of that it's like starting from the beginning. Is there a trick to getting the coordinated attack beyond just being in the circle?

As far as I can tell that is just on some sort of timer.

edited January 14, 2019

The interval seems to take a while. Even when I do get the white circle and stand in it I don't get the option to use the skill at all most of the time. That happens over and over. It was massively frustrating. I'm trying to figure out if there's something I'm doing wrong to be able to use Coordinated Attack or if the game just doesn't like me today. What might I be doing wrong? Why do I not get the Coordinated Attack skill when I'm standing in the white circle?

Edit: Does it steal life from Turrets?

@kitten.4078 said:
    The interval seems to take a while. Even when I do get the white circle and stand in it I don't get the option to use the skill at all most of the time. That happens over and over. It was massively frustrating. I'm trying to figure out if there's something I'm doing wrong to be able to use Coordinated Attack or if the game just doesn't like me today. What might I be doing wrong? Why do I not get the Coordinated Attack skill when I'm standing in the white circle?

Edit: Does it steal life from Turrets?

According to wiki it lifesteals from minions so that probably includes turrets as well.

edited January 15, 2019

I'll leave the turrets out just to be safe, wiki also says the player won't be able to do any significant damage anyway. I still need to know what I'm doing wrong with the white circles. Why don't I get the option to cast Coordinated Attack when I'm standing in the white circle?

• I just ran this a few times with the same issues. I would stand in the small white circle with Aurene. Wrong. Stay out of the small white circle, wait for the BIG white circle. Then do the thing that you do. It seemed that if I stood with Aurene in the small circle, the BIG circle wouldn't show up at all.

• OK, don't worry about doing damage to the boss in this fight that's not how you win. Throw away any minions/turrets (anything with a health meter) because the boss will heal itself by attacking those targets when it pulls everything in. The more targets you supply to the boss, the more it can heal itself. Stand off to the side on that little 'peninsula' next to the main circular platform to avoid AOE's. When you see the small white circle appear on the ground, the dragon should run over to it and stand in the middle of it. At that point, another larger white circle appears on the opposite side of the boss. Run over to that and stand on it for a few seconds and you should see your coordinated strike ability become available. Use the ability and then return to the point on the 'peninsula'. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2019

@kitten.4078 said:
    Why do I not get the coordinated attack most of the time.

Perhaps your damage output isn't sufficient?

@kitten.4078 said:
    Is there a trick to getting the coordinated attack beyond just being in the circle?

Are you talking about the white circle? If so, you need to use the special action key.

• Watch the pattern of attacks. It will do its life steal attack 3 (or 4?) times before the white circle appears. Don't use any minions, turrets, or clones. Swim away and hide behind a column so if it tries to pull you, you'll fly into the column instead. It will do that 3 or 4 times. Then hurry back to the platform to get to the white circle. Do the special attack, then hurry away to hide again. Rinse and repeat until it dies.

• Really, you don't even need to worry about the boss's pull-heal attack as long as you get your coordinated strikes in. I don't think going behind one of the columns to avoid the boss's attack is necessary here. Also, given how briefly the white circles appear on the platform, swimming back to the platform would take too long. But, to each his own.

• @Beaches.4186 said:
    Really, you don't even need to worry about the boss's pull-heal attack as long as you get your coordinated strikes in. I don't think going behind one of the columns to avoid the boss's attack is necessary here. Also, given how briefly the white circles appear on the platform, swimming back to the platform would take too long. But, to each his own.

Eh, if you watch the pattern of attacks, you know when to swim back. Did this fairly recently on my guard, killed it in 3 coordinated strikes.

• OK, I thought the bosses attack sequence was random and not predetermined. Also, I hope my previous comment didn't come across as confrontational.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.