Anybody else annoyed by loot chests trolling lately?

BlueJin.4127

With the introduction of novelties, players trolling loot chests, important NPC’s, etc. with placeable objects has increased. In some AB metas, TD metas, Palawadan metas, etc., some trolls are placing novelties, merchants, guild banners, mesmer portals and stuff on top of loot chests. Some of the novelty effects don’t seem like they can be turned off, so players are forced to put up with the horrible effects and annoying sounds until they leave the map. With dozens of players, it’s not even possible to know who placed these so reporting is out of the question. With immunity, these pathetic trolls are really abusing this.

I really wish Anet will make it so that these can’t be placed on top of important objects. If that’s too much work, then make loot chests or other important objects have much bigger interaction range, or give them interaction priority over novelties, portals, etc. Option for auto opening chests if player stays still on top of chests, or a different hotkey for interacting with player placed objects would also work. Another option is give players option to disable interation with other players’ novelties, merchants, etc.

I’ve had a merchant spawn right on top of the meta reward chest in TD which as someone in map chat stated could have come from someone who was using that boost which spawns a merchant when their inventory is full.

I was not able to interact with the reward chest and by the time the merchant despawned so had the chest.

Archived