Change the LFG squad when you're not the commander.

Hana.8143

Hi o/

I'm actually trying to prepare an event on Crystal Desert maps, so I've made a squad, and put a pretty long message in LFG, but someone joined and changed the entire message for "Legendary Facet" (overloaded selfishness, that guy didn't care about the goal of the entire squad and wanted to do his bounty, even if it meant screwing the LFG squad)I can't put back my message because of "spam" so i'm wondering, why people are able to join any squad, and change the message in LFG just like that ?Is there any devs around here who can tell me the reason why anyone can do such a thing ?

Thanks !

• Confused 1

• 4 years later...

It has happened a few times to me, leading a 50 person squad.  Someone will merge into my squad and were able to change the LFG listing.

Although granted it doesn't happen often, it is still annoying having to change it back when pointed out, or after you checked the listing. A group that merged into an existing group should have no control whatsoever. You're relinquishing control when you merge.

Also, the commander of the squad should have the option to choose whether to accept or decline the merging. Too often someone merged from a just-completed meta, and a majority of the players from that meta had logged off without bothering to quit the squad, or just stayed in the squad without having any intention of doing the meta. So you waste time having to ask and kick those so others can join. Often, with the merging, the squad will be taken off LFG since it'll now be at the 50-person limit.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

It has happened a few times to me, leading a 50 person squad.  Someone will merge into my squad and were able to change the LFG listing.

Although granted it doesn't happen often, it is still annoying having to change it back when pointed out, or after you checked the listing. A group that merged into an existing group should have no control whatsoever. You're relinquishing control when you merge.

Also, the commander of the squad should have the option to choose whether to accept or decline the merging. Too often someone merged from a just-completed meta, and a majority of the players from that meta had logged off without bothering to quit the squad, or just stayed in the squad without having any intention of doing the meta. So you waste time having to ask and kick those so others can join. Often, with the merging, the squad will be taken off LFG since it'll now be at the 50-person limit.

Exactly. Why do I want a squad of players in the Silverwastes merging with my squad in DWC. I end up having to manually kick players, which is tedious. And yes, I've had my LFG disappear because of this problem.