Do you still play your elementalist ?

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Hey I wanted to know if people still play their elementalist character out there . If you don't anymore , would you mind specify why ?

Thanks guys :D

For my part, I don't (only to do the story when a new episode comes out) cause it doesn't feel funny anymore. The struggle is too important to make it work. or maybe i'm just becoming more of a casual player ... Who knows.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play ele in open world (Istan farming) and in new episodes because I want to live the story with ele specifically and because it's my main. I want to get into raids but it's a long story, I also play it as a staff backline in WvW because it's relevant. In PvP or roaming, it's not worth it and it's not challenging tbh, you may play the profession perfectly but the maths that the devs set for your skills won't get you there no matter what you do, so it's not skill now that matters, you may try telling me: "that's what is fun about it", I believe the real challenge comes after having an equal chance, sure some classes are easier to play but all classes must have the same chance after all - once the basics are done with - tryharding to make the equal chance and then starting to master every aspect in the class, really?

For a class that has everything: you either become a raidboss or the underdog.

Sometimes I get tilted, but ele is like a curse: I just can't let go of it, everything else feels dull.

I have stopped playing a game before coming to GW2 (I'm new relatively), because of how my role was meta then good and then stayed underpowered - the devs acknowledged it but for the sake of the meta, and things stayed the same for ~ 1 1/2 or 2 years - so I kind of got used to being bad at some things in a game because the class is bad at it, though it doesn't make me happy, which is why we try to have opinions on some things for hopefully an improvement. So I do not see it as playing for fun that made things boring, it's mostly disappointment over a period of time that with all the knowledge you have of something, it's impossible with IRL calculations' justification, thus it's not worth further effort because you have done your part.

With new instabilities elem/weaver is useless now even in fractals : HP pool, no good cleave, no condi cleanse, no boonstrip, no boon, no boonshare, no good invu/block ... where now mobs would deal more dmg, more condition, get more boons ...I try hard in pvp and WvW for fun, but don't get me wrong others classes can do better without effort.

Was pvp only player but there are limits of tryharding when every balance update is confusing mess dragging class down:-with less build variety-more and more dead traits-10x buffs to one skill that doesn't make difference.-more and more deadly meta that completely ignore's ele anything.

At least tryhard ele's have some fun in raids but it's not for me. I ll just wait for next expansion beta and hope that new elite spec will be broken OP. After year's of pvp weaver and tempest we deserve something. If not Anet won't see my money and that would my final good bye. There are games out there where mage is F**** mage even in pvp environment. Weaver is just flashy dandy armed with spoon.

Im a pvper only. With the lack of support(balance/skill changes) and lack of any new contents i have grown terrible bored of the pvp scene and moved onto other more exciting and worked on video game titles. Like overwatch. Unlike the gw2 devs they dont hide any of there character statistics and have a much better understanding of what competitive competition is about.

I just came back to the game about 2 weeks ago after 2 years off -- always played Ele; having fun with it again in PvE/Story content and just exploring the new map, but as a mostly PvP player, Ele seems horrid these days -- it seems the only viable way to play them in PvP is as a support bot; I tend to just hang back and just stack boons and heal since damage is abysmal in most of the remotely viable builds.

good thing that new story/pve content is keeping me busy (for now), or I'd quit the game again. Coming back and seeing your class being all but ompltely useless feelsbadman.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I am Elementalist by nature. What else could I be?I sometimes dread the PvP arena's, but I know that Dwayna will be there to take me in her loving arms when it is my time.

I recently restart playing Core D/D ele in Unranked since Season endend LOL it brings nostalgia tho ... when Ele was hyper relevant in sPvp.... the good old Days haha

tried multiple times to switch to other classes but can only ever play them for like 2-3 weeks max because they are mostly all braindead simple (the meta builds at least) or just give me a bad feeling of abusing overpowered abilities that lets me do everything from just pressing a few buttons.

The only other class that i find somewhat complex enough to be fun to play is rev (both in pve & pvp) but even that is missing the complexities unique to eles such as needing to keep track of cds across 4 attunements and dealing with slow, channeled/rooting attacks that are hard to land. Revs having higher base hp & armor also makes it a bit more forgiving to play.

Every time i tried to switch class and then come back to play as ele i always find myself super rusty and cant perform like what i used to be able to, so that is also kind of preventing me from dropping ele entirely.

Have to say though that i'm pretty much bored of gw2 and sick of the terrible changes that balance team keep giving to eles and i'm just trying to find another game but still playing gw2 without really caring much about it as i did before

@LazySummer.2568 said:tried multiple times to switch to other classes but can only ever play them for like 2-3 weeks max because they are mostly all braindead simple (the meta builds at least) or just give me a bad feeling of abusing overpowered abilities that lets me do everything from just pressing a few buttons.

The only other class that i find somewhat complex enough to be fun to play is rev (both in pve & pvp) but even that is missing the complexities unique to eles such as needing to keep track of cds across 4 attunements and dealing with slow, channeled/rooting attacks that are hard to land. Revs having higher base hp & armor also makes it a bit more forgiving to play.

Every time i tried to switch class and then come back to play as ele i always find myself super rusty and cant perform like what i used to be able to, so that is also kind of preventing me from dropping ele entirely.

Have to say though that i'm pretty much bored of gw2 and sick of the terrible changes that balance team keep giving to eles and i'm just trying to find another game but still playing gw2 without really caring much about it as i did before

yeah i've played a lot on revenant too after quitting my ele :) it's different but you still have to manage more skills than any other classes ... except engineer maybe but it kinda became faceroll with holo tho.

I love GW2 still ... and i mostly sPVP with revenant and core guard tho ! sometimes ele if i'm really bored but not more than 2 or 3 games.

I switched recently (this morning in fact) to Mirage, after pvping since release with my ele. I must say it is kinda refreshing to push buttons that actually do something. I'm still terrible at it, but I'm having fun. I have trouble switching weapons, while switching attunement was like breathing. Anyway, I feel it was time to play something else to improve my ele gameplay.

Used to love Ele's flexibility and potential for combos. Weaver broke that, forcing you to constantly switch attunement at all times regardless of what the situation needs, and tempest broke it by encouraging single attune gameplay. Ele just doesn't play like it used to.

eta: fixed typo

@Rhyse.8179 said:weaver broke it by encouraging single attune gameplay.

tempest you mean? but I got it ! Versatility isn't really a thing anymore on ele for years now ... since D/D ele got out of meta in fact ! after that we got fresh air gameplay kinda viable then tempest arrives with the bunker meta ...

after tempest and all bunker nerfs , ele got kicked of sPvP and weaver took some time before being able to be viable in sPvp and now is kinda gimmicky . Fine but not good.

Archived