Thief gameplay and commentary for WvW :)

sinsrock.1702

ty for the comments all guys :) I tried playing the other specs,even tried d/d and gave it my all to really focus on trying them but if I couldn't get in and out it was a loss, I always got double / triple teamed couldn't get a decent fight no matter what I ran was a little frustrating so I went back to this at least this way I still can kill people, im messing around with ranger and dragon hunter atm for now just because thieves dmg to survivability ratio not that good compared to the other classes currently its either you go all dmg or you just don't really do enough, hope they give us at least lead attacks back lol also I refuse to play dead eye so :P

@sinsrock.1702 said:ty for the comments all guys :) I tried playing the other specs,even tried d/d and gave it my all to really focus on trying them but if I couldn't get in and out it was a loss, I always got double / triple teamed couldn't get a decent fight no matter what I ran was a little frustrating so I went back to this at least this way I still can kill people, im messing around with ranger and dragon hunter atm for now just because thieves dmg to survivability ratio not that good compared to the other classes currently its either you go all dmg or you just don't really do enough, hope they give us at least lead attacks back lol also I refuse to play dead eye so :P

I think rangers and guardians are the biggest counter to thief. Try s/d I find it superior for roaming, u can easily choose fights and ur survivability is great due to all the dodges u have

@Safandula.8723 said:

I think rangers and guardians are the biggest counter to thief. Try s/d I find it superior for roaming, u can easily choose fights and ur survivability is great due to all the dodges u have

ive tried s/d thief I cant seem to get the damage down correctly idk if I just don't understand the burst or what im actually trying Dragon hunter for the moment :) ill probably switch back and forth to thief :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@sinsrock.1702 said:also I refuse to play dead eye so :P

I appreciate you just for this single fact. And yea we gotta run all dmg or we dont do enough. *cries in Condi thief.

haha ive discovered that my Longbow on Ranger can hit for a basic attack of almost 3k but my S/d can only hit for maybe 1.8-2k an auto :P

Rapid fire= 16-20kMaul=9-10kSmoke Assault= 6-7k with access to mightoh AND more survivability :pall this is with durability runes as well soooo perma protection

but don't forget thief definitely needed that no more stacking lead attacks out side of combat nerf :p

@"sinsrock.1702" said:haha ive discovered that my Longbow on Ranger can hit for a basic attack of almost 3k but my S/d can only hit for maybe 1.8-2k an auto :P

Rapid fire= 16-20kMaul=9-10kSmoke Assault= 6-7k with access to mightoh AND more survivability :pall this is with durability runes as well soooo perma protection

but don't forget thief definitely needed that no more stacking lead attacks out side of combat nerf :p

Is this not a problem to Anet? Seriously? I get stun and knocked back with "point blank" and then rapid fire and I am already down(Little room of counter play here!!). If I'm about to predict this and dodge it ... they have more sustain and damage compared to us. Protection on dodge and they can go invis too!?!!? OoOoO I can run fast and dodge and go invis... SSO CAN THEY!! PLUS THEY HAVE RANGE AND STILL CAN HIT ME IN INVIS!!.....

..sorry got killed yesterday by a ranger while walking... LETS ALL BE DeadEyes AND ONE SHOT PEOPLE too! TT_TT

K I will take a walk... to cool down.

@Xenji.4907 said:

@"sinsrock.1702" said:haha ive discovered that my Longbow on Ranger can hit for a basic attack of almost 3k but my S/d can only hit for maybe 1.8-2k an auto :P

Is this not a problem to Anet? Seriously? I get stun and knocked back with "point blank" and then rapid fire and I am already down(Little room of counter play here!!). If I'm about to predict this and dodge it ... they have more sustain and damage compared to us. Protection on dodge and they can go invis too!?!!? OoOoO I can run fast and dodge and go invis... SSO CAN THEY!! PLUS THEY HAVE RANGE AND STILL CAN HIT ME IN INVIS!!.....

..sorry got killed yesterday by a ranger while walking... LETS ALL BE DeadEyes AND ONE SHOT PEOPLE too! TT_TT

if it makes you feel ANY better, Ranger is supposed to be the counter to thief so its a little more understanding I was just curious to see fighting any class its like that, even a war maxing out toughness you can still get anywhere from 7-9k rapid fire.

its obvious thief is weak atm BUT you can always switch to a 1shot build or DE, or change classes :) soulbeast is definitely a fun class, Also guard is like a heavy armored thief with blocks instead of evades so its fun as well I like playing DH too :)

Unless ur doing the DE perma stealth backstab flav of the month thief hits like his weapons are foam these days,s/d is joke compared to the damage other classes do.i agree with the dh suggestion,wings,gs leap and judges intervention give it ok mobility and has actual viable burst damage, plus u can get 25% movement increase if u slate soaring devastation.

im trying out the Firework runes At the moment ! its nice, you don't need to slot the 25 move speed you do have a lot less armor tho cuz no dura runes BUT move speed is nice :) plus starting a fight with 6 might + fury and then spearing gives you 9 might off the bat :D im not the GREATEST at DH but if anything needs any help trying new classes or even learning some of the classes I probably know a decent amount about most of them ive been trying to learn htem all so I know how to counter :) just add me send me some mail!

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Unless ur doing the DE perma stealth backstab flav of the month thief hits like his weapons are foam these days,s/d is joke compared to the damage other classes do.i agree with the dh suggestion,wings,gs leap and judges intervention give it ok mobility and has actual viable burst damage, plus u can get 25% movement increase if u slate soaring devastation.

Archived