Any Pvp plan for 2019?

Eddbopkins.2630

What are the developers goals, ideas, plans, hopes, and dreams for pvp in 2019.In 2018 it was to release swiss and that didnt happen.Im wondering what there goal for the new year of 2019 will be.Any improvments or new game modes like a 2v2, and or a 3v3 system?

Or are we to expect the 7th year of gw2 to be the same as year 1-6 (5v5conquest only)?

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:What are the developers goals, ideas, plans, hopes, and dreams for pvp in 2019.In 2018 it was to release swiss and that didnt happen.Im wondering what there goal for the new year of 2019 will be.Any improvments or new game modes like a 2v2, and or a 3v3 system?

Or are we to expect the 7th year of gw2 to be the same as year 1-6 (5v5conquest only)?

Probably releasing Swiss tourney.

there are no plans. pve and cash shop makes enough to keep the lights on. 90% of the players that pvp are only there for the armors and achieves.the hardcore players are so minor that "who cares" is the only logical outcome.if the game is doing excellent without our support, then who cares.if those who complain still spend money, then who caresif those that hate the game and still log in for hours a day, then who caresif GW2 is still top three MMO's, then who caresincome seems unchanged since exodus after living story season 1, then who cares

PVP has zero impact on profit, but a sizeable impact on costs/expense...why develop it? (so is the game art or business?)

Hope for an expansion and balance.

Conquest 5v5 in the current ranked system makes the most sense. I’d put a few grand on it to say you’re causing you’re own emotional distress hoping for something else.

Maybe an expansion will bring in larger scale (10v10 or greater) unranked PvP seeing as WvW population has dwindled to the point that its semi unplayable, and there is zero competition there.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Another work day down and no vision from anet on what they want to accomplish for pvp in 2019.

I love this game to much to just quit seeking asking questions.

With the annoying dev bait this thread is I don't think we'll be getting any dev answers here.

For some value: if they can't set a date on swiss then imo its because they plan it for the next expansion and can't tell us the date for that reason. I suppose it could've never been started either. There is no way a competent software dev couldn't do swiss tourneys in a month, two at most given management and other teams to deal with.

@"Ryan.9387" said:There is no way a competent software dev couldn't do swiss tourneys in a month, two at most given management and other teams to deal with.

But like, its been 2 years since first mentioned.I apologize about the dev click bait. I didnt relize that was a thing. I only desire communication threw the official and only way to contact the creators that i know of. I dont know if they are ignoring the topic, (cuz how can they not see any thread that wants a dev response) or cant comment. I feel if they cant comment on the topic we would get a "sorry we cant comment." And ill move on might be alittle saddend but at least we were recognized and they understand what we want.

Tomorrows update will mearly have a few build tweaks and a flashy "Season starting" but besides that there will be 25 new buyable items with cash consisting of, hair styles, chairs, mounts, gliders, gathering tools and such. Just no time to actually improve pvp when you have to put out crud for the special needs people to buy.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to repeat my self but all i got is one thing on my mind....pvp.

What are the developers goals, ideas, plans, hopes, and dreams for pvp in 2019.In 2018 it was to release swiss and that didnt happen.Im wondering what there goal for the new year of 2019 will be.Any improvments or new game modes like a 2v2, and or a 3v3 system?