Any Pvp plan for 2019? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Any Pvp plan for 2019?

Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 31, 2019 in PVP

What are the developers goals, ideas, plans, hopes, and dreams for pvp in 2019.
In 2018 it was to release swiss and that didnt happen.
Im wondering what there goal for the new year of 2019 will be.
Any improvments or new game modes like a 2v2, and or a 3v3 system?

Or are we to expect the 7th year of gw2 to be the same as year 1-6 (5v5conquest only)?

Comments

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Or are we to expect the 7th year of gw2 to be the same as year 1-6 (5v5conquest only)?

Probably releasing Swiss tourney.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Apolo.5942Apolo.5942 Member ✭✭✭

I sure hope it involves NOT repeating this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63182/most-op-class-dec-14-2018/p1

Dreaming is free....

Conditions need to be normalized:
    1- SINGLE PLAYER conditions stack on DURATION.
    2- MULTIPLE PLAYERS conditions stack on INTENSITY.
    3- REBALANCE condition duration, damage and application.

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

1 day down. No response.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019

'Study the past if you would define the future'

Another work day down, and no direction for pvp in 2019.

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019

Plan is to do the same as the last 3 years. Nothing new pvp wise just same old 5v5 circlequest where you can only go duo partners. That in turn leads to less people playing, wintrading, and afking (free rewards and ruins the game ).

So in the end nothing. Incoming win trade wars season 11.

edited January 17, 2019

Another work day down and no vision from anet on what they want to accomplish for pvp in 2019.

I love this game to much to just quit seeking asking questions.

• JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭

Hope for an expansion and balance.

Conquest 5v5 in the current ranked system makes the most sense. I’d put a few grand on it to say you’re causing you’re own emotional distress hoping for something else.

Maybe an expansion will bring in larger scale (10v10 or greater) unranked PvP seeing as WvW population has dwindled to the point that its semi unplayable, and there is zero competition there.

• Ryan.9387Ryan.9387 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Another work day down and no vision from anet on what they want to accomplish for pvp in 2019.

I love this game to much to just quit seeking asking questions.

With the annoying dev bait this thread is I don't think we'll be getting any dev answers here.

For some value: if they can't set a date on swiss then imo its because they plan it for the next expansion and can't tell us the date for that reason. I suppose it could've never been started either. There is no way a competent software dev couldn't do swiss tourneys in a month, two at most given management and other teams to deal with.

• Well, at least my plan just to farm pips, pvp isn't worth anything more anymore.

WvW: WSR only good when they focus commander and in gangs. Gandara, cloud of pugs without organization.

edited January 18, 2019

@Ryan.9387 said:
    There is no way a competent software dev couldn't do swiss tourneys in a month, two at most given management and other teams to deal with.

But like, its been 2 years since first mentioned.
    I apologize about the dev click bait. I didnt relize that was a thing. I only desire communication threw the official and only way to contact the creators that i know of. I dont know if they are ignoring the topic, (cuz how can they not see any thread that wants a dev response) or cant comment. I feel if they cant comment on the topic we would get a "sorry we cant comment." And ill move on might be alittle saddend but at least we were recognized and they understand what we want.

I dont want to creat a new thread....but i hope theres a balance tomorrow.

edited January 22, 2019

Tomorrows update will mearly have a few build tweaks and a flashy "Season starting" but besides that there will be 25 new buyable items with cash consisting of, hair styles, chairs, mounts, gliders, gathering tools and such. Just no time to actually improve pvp when you have to put out crud for the special needs people to buy.

• Derenaya.3479Derenaya.3479 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    I dont want to creat a new thread....but i hope theres a balance tomorrow.

There won‘t be one at the start of the seasen but Ben already confirmed one after the season starts.

I hate to repeat my self but all i got is one thing on my mind....pvp.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Spvp zomby mood with abandoned balancing ideals dead before the patch it self is out.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• pah.4931pah.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since they have one guy in his mom's basement doing all development for PvP on a windows xp machine... I am guessing you shouldn't expect much.

@pah.4931 said:
    Since they have one guy in his mom's basement doing all development for PvP on a windows xp machine... I am guessing you shouldn't expect much.

Wait what I heard it was just a single monkey chained up to a windows 98 pc. A human being doing coding for pvp on xp is a upgrade

• Crickets and tumbleweeds.

An unsavory fellow beloved by those of unsavory ilk.

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

So much negativity here but that's nothing new. In 2018 we got the FFA arena which was and still is pretty awesome.

Has aNet said whether or not they're going to make another expansion?

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sampson.2403 said:
    So much negativity here but that's nothing new. In 2018 we got the FFA arena which was and still is pretty awesome.

someone posted a while back in the pve section that theres still atleast 3 expansions to go, not sure if true or not.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• bbop.9706bbop.9706 Member ✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:

someone posted a while back in the pve section that theres still atleast 3 expansions to go, not sure if true or not.

i hope so!

B b balance patch tomorrow?

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Patch will prob see a lowering of a few coefficient on already underperforming builds and will completely pass over holo,soulbeast and mirage lol cuz their fine

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Source?

• Cicada.6298Cicada.6298 Member ✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    there are no plans. pve and cash shop makes enough to keep the lights on. 90% of the players that pvp are only there for the armors and achieves.
    the hardcore players are so minor that "who cares" is the only logical outcome.
    if the game is doing excellent without our support, then who cares.
    if those who complain still spend money, then who cares
    if those that hate the game and still log in for hours a day, then who cares
    if GW2 is still top three MMO's, then who cares
    income seems unchanged since exodus after living story season 1, then who cares

PVP has zero impact on profit, but a sizeable impact on costs/expense...why develop it? (so is the game art or business?)

That's how I'm seeing it now, and that's how I look at it. As a long-time pvp'er in many MMOs back in the day (UO, AO, DAoC, AC2, SB, ArcheAge, etc...) -- I'm coming back to GW2 after quitting in 2016 (Played S1-S4) and GW2 in its current state is by far the least rewarding. Bots, poor matchmaking, and some select overpowered classes are really ruining the experience.

And, even as someone who just casually PvP's these days, it's not fun to lose 5-6 in a row before matchmaking gives you a decent game, so I can see why some people will resort to botting or not even trying, and simply just babysitting their character until the game ends, so they can work toward the rewards.

I don't even know what can be done anymore, if anything, to make PvP better in this game; it just seems so fundamentally broken from being neglected for so long.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Most likely not. Half way point puts us at the balance patch being next week but Christmas could come early.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Source?

Ben P in twitch chat.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Most likely not. Half way point puts us at the balance patch being next week but Christmas could come early.

I trend towards believing Ben P on this one, but we'll see, you're right.

Annnnnnd there goes the balance patch? Maybe it will happen later today:
    Info from Tweet: "February 5 #GuildWars2 build update: Due to inclement weather that has impacted access to the office, we will not be doing a game update this morning. We anticipate we will be doing a build later today, at a time yet to be determined. Thank you for your patience."

edited February 5, 2019

It is most likely not a balance patch anyway,prob bug fixes and a cosmetic addition like gerbil ears

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Source?

Ben P in twitch chat.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Except Ben never reveals when a balance patch will hit unless it's been made publicly available. So I highly doubt we're seeing one today.

• IDK why people are eagerly awaiting a balance patch? Are you really that excited for them to make a bunch of worthless changes like "Skill X (which is never used) now does 18.2% more damage"? Is it really that exciting to have the same exact meta, dominated by mesmers and soulbeasts, with some slightly changed skills (but nothing that changes the heart of the issues)?

If you have ANY faith in there being competent balancing, then you have not paid attention for the past 7 years.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Source?

Ben P in twitch chat.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yup.

Except Ben never reveals when a balance patch will hit unless it's been made publicly available. So I highly doubt we're seeing one today.

Sure... We definitely aren't seeing one today. Don't know if it's due to the weather or what, but I saw what I saw.

Hopefully next Tuesday, then.

Don’t think next patch is for couple weeks and even then prob not going to be a substantial balance patch,wouldn’t hold ur breath

edited February 5, 2019

Its hard to believe bad weather will stop just the balance portion of an update but the rest of the update goes threw.
    Isnt it all compiled togeather as one update?
    If they can push cash shop items threw but not balance and skill adjustments then whats the point of playing. They certaintly dont deserve my money thats for sure.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Its hard to believe bad weather will stop just the balance portion of an update but the rest of the update goes threw.
    Isnt it all compiled togeather as one update?
    If they can push cash shop items threw but not balance and skill adjustments then whats the point of playing. They certaintly dont deserve my money thats for sure.

It was never going to be a balance patch, no one confirmed or released that it would be so

• Abazigal.3679Abazigal.3679 Member ✭✭✭

It would indeed be good to know when swiss rounds AT's will be ready, since it's probably the feature that may have a huge impact on the population.
    Been over a year now, would be cool to have any status on it, even if it's a provisory date anyway( since there will be error codes in tournaments anyway )

Since i am unable to play this game because of the broken que button bug. Im back at the forum game again.
    This time im digging up my old wishes.

• Trigr.6481Trigr.6481 Member ✭✭✭

There's a plan?

The pvp plan for 2019 is to make more flashy skins to buy and not do anything with pvp.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Probably a PVP mount

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pvp mount + more power creep to meta builds.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.