Immortal holosmith in PVP

Mikomaru.2586

dont use launch/knockdown when they have stability (look at their boons and time it)

condition damage do work seeing most holo's got 6 clears total. 2 on heal (20 sec cd) 2 passive (48 sec cd if traited / 60 if not) and 2 clear when forge disengage if they are over 50 heat.

use heavy damage after they burned elixir S and when u got them cc'ed (look at 1)

immobilize a holo is stupid strong, look at their color when they are in forge mode, if its red, use immob. 0dodges = no venting heat = 8k self damage due to overheat (if forge disengage is on cd ofc)

If you're referring to this build, it's a matter of timing your attacks properly.

• If you're condi, you have to force them to burn holo arena or hit them so hard that they don't have time to activate it. If they do use holo arena, you have to wait til it ends.
  • If you're power, blast your CC when the holo is not in forge, or when they just entered forge. You can spike them when they don't have protection up too.
  • Kite while they're in forge mode, and keep your distance when possible.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Dace.8173" said:-snip-

Whether "L2P" is hard to hear or not is irrelevant. The term itself is useless if there's no other indication beyond that. If someone went all the way to this forum to express difficulties it's because he may be in need of a personalized answer. It's obvious that he needs to "git gud" or whatever makes the poster feel good these days but he'd welcome more details on holosmiths such as:

-The source of all these dodges (probably the sigil of energy with the ease of weapon swapping).-The main source of stability, the traited Corona Burst that lands.-The means to cleanse conditions (which are various depending of the build, but I'd wager it's through the use and abuse of anticorrosion plating with shield skills and hardlight arena + healing turret on this one)-And various things such as the photon forge's cooldown in an attempt to capitalize on.

With these informations, he can do some homework on his own side with his guardian and come up with a potential solution, and this, without being an asshat. It's magic. Maybe you're quite familiar with all these kind of informations on all specs and classes but many people don't, I certainly am clueless on some specs though I'd rather make my own tests or go for trial and error, some others simply write a post on the concerned forum. You might aswell be the better person and help not only with 'what', but also 'how'.

@MrForz.1953 said:

@"Dace.8173" said:-snip-

Whether "L2P" is hard to hear or not is irrelevant. The term itself is useless if there's no other indication beyond that. If someone went all the way to this forum to express difficulties it's because he may be in need of a personalized answer. It's obvious that he needs to "git gud" or whatever makes the poster feel good these days but he'd welcome more details on holosmiths such as:

-The source of all these dodges (probably the sigil of energy with the ease of weapon swapping).-The main source of stability, the traited Corona Burst that lands.-The means to cleanse conditions (which are various depending of the build, but I'd wager it's through the use and abuse of anticorrosion plating with shield skills and hardlight arena + healing turret on this one)-And various things such as the photon forge's cooldown in an attempt to capitalize on.

With these informations, he can do some homework on his own side with his guardian and come up with a potential solution, and this, without being an kitten. It's magic. Maybe you're quite familiar with all these kind of informations on all specs and classes but many people don't, I certainly am clueless on some specs though I'd rather make my own tests or go for trial and error, some others simply write a post on the concerned forum. You might aswell be the better person and help not only with 'what', but also 'how'.

All of that is fine, but providing the additional information that traps are not your heavy hitters makes all the information on Holosmith more likely to succeed. Again, no matter how good the advice is on how to take on a Holosmith if you don't realize that you're also using the wrong attacks it won't get you anywhere. Everyone else had already provided information on how to deal with the Holosmith. No one was addressing the other half of the issue. He did. It's not like he just said "git gud newb hahaha" or just "L2P." He pointed out that if you think traps are your hardest hitting attacks then you need to get better at playing Dragonhunter.

You guys are making a big deal out of nothing.

@Dace.8173 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Yeah, I'm way too tired to read that amazing wall of text.Get concise.

Ok, your question is intellectually dishonest and this is a stupid thing to make a big deal out of. Anything further and I'll refer you to the post you don't want to read.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:just roll necro and corrupt boon them lol

Scourge is such a pain.

Lol , you called me intellectually dishonest twice.Only once is shown.. hmm, scratching my head. I wonder why that is.There is no telling.

Anyways, telling someone to git gud or L2p without actually explaining what it means to doesn't help anyone.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Yeah, I'm way too tired to read that amazing wall of text.Get concise.

Ok, your question is intellectually dishonest and this is a stupid thing to make a big deal out of. Anything further and I'll refer you to the post you don't want to read.

Scourge is such a pain.

Lol , you called me intellectually dishonest twice.Only once is shown.. hmm, scratching my head. I wonder why that is.There is no telling.

Anyways, telling someone to git gud or L2p without actually explaining what it means to doesn't help anyone.

It was removed by the moderators so I think that's an indication that they want the conversation dropped.

@Dace.8173 said:

Scourge is such a pain.

It was removed by the moderators so I think that's an indication that they want the conversation dropped.

I'm just teasing ya

Archived