Calling all Fashionistas (again)

GW Noob.6038

Hey all you wonderful and talented stylists! I'm looking for some more fashion advice...plus, I need your help identifying a rather rare fashion piece that I spotted recently. As always, I want to make this post as short and concise as possible...so, to that end, let me post my characters and the themes that I want to develop for them.

1. Asuran Female Ranger/Soulbeast: The look I want for her is a 'Child of Nature'. The outfit that I'm currently using on her is the 'Verdant Executioner'...the colors that I'm using are: Algae/Burgundy/Humiliation/Deep Pine. Her hair color is the 'Dark Rose' exclusive. She has the Kudzu bow, which is perfect for her. As for her mini, I'm planning on getting the 'Baby Doe' from the Gem store. I'm fairly happy with her look, overall; the only thing I want to change in the color pallet is the 'Algae' green...I'd like to go with a lighter green, but haven't found one that I like.
  2. Norn Female Thief/Deadeye: The look I want for her is a 'Sci-Fi/High-tech' Bounty Hunter/Assassin. I've been researching some armor pieces for this character and have found the following: for the chest piece I have selected the 'Glorious Brigandine' as it's the only sci-fi looking one in the game. For the gloves, I have tentatively chosen the 'Dualist' gloves. For the leggings, I have chosen the 'Strider's' leggings...but I'll also get the 'Ascalonian Sentry' leggings and swap them out occasionally, just to change her look a bit. For the boots, I have chosen the 'Magitech' boots from the Gem store. The color pallet that I'll use for this outfit is up in the air, atm. I definitely don't want to go all black because there are far too many people wearing all black outfits already. I've been messing around with some light/deep reddish browns, some deep magenta's, a bit of black, along with Harrowing Maroon...we'll have to see if that turns out. I'm currently working on getting the HOPE pistol for her..she already has the 'Predator' rifle. As for her mini, I'm open to suggestions...I dislike the humanoid minis, though, because I find them to be uninspired, not to mention downright creepy!
  3. Human Male Engineer/whatever: The look that I want to shoot for here is the 'post apocalyptic world explorer'. I've been building an outfit for him that includes: The 'Aviator's Cap', or possibly an eye-patch, for the head piece. I have the 'Pirate Hook' to use as a mechanical arm...along with the 'Peg-leg' boots - I'm not thrilled with the way these pieces look and probably won't use them. I also have the 'Zephyr Rucksack' for his backpack, to inject a bit of humor into the mix. Now, as far as his armor/outfit pieces go, I'm stuck...I really like the 'Rascal' armor that I got when I boosted him, but definitely want to swap out the gloves and the shoulderguards for something else - I'll ditch any piece, or the entire outfit, for something else if it gives a better 'post apocalyptic' look. The color pallet is up in the air, atm...browns, olive greens, I don't know. As for his mini, I really like that flying mechanical wasp-thingy with the propeller - I don't know what it's called because I haven't found it in the list of minis. Hopefully I can acquire this mini, or something even better, without too much hassle...Anet?! :anguished: :D
  4. Norn Female Mesmer/Mirage: I like the sexy look of the Winged Armor...for the most part. I don't hate the shoulder pieces, just the antennae jutting up from the back. The boots are kinda blah, so I'm looking for replacements for them. As for the color pallet, I want to use the "Mesmer colors" that are used in the build-tree artwork and the interface icons. I've been experimenting with different color combinations but haven't found the look that I want. As for her mini, I'm open to suggestions.

That is my character lineup...whatever fashion advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Now, about that rare fashion element that I mention earlier: I saw a girl who had beautiful white, slightly mottled, translucent skin that seemed to glow ever so slightly...her eyes were pure white and also seemed to glow. This, I think, might be some kind of aura...but it's definitely not any of the ones featured on the wiki page. Any idea what causes this effect?

Thanks, guy's...hope to hear from you soon! :)

@"GW Noob.6038" said:overall; the only thing I want to change in the color pallet is the 'Algae' green...I'd like to go with a lighter green, but haven't found one that I like.

Maybe you know this already, but if not it might help: on the dye panel, click on the cog next to the words "By Set" and select "By Hue". I find it much easier to compare colours that way.

for the chest piece I have selected the 'Glorious Brigandine' as it's the only sci-fi looking one in the game.

Warbeast armour looks pretty sci-fi to me (but then I would think Magitech and Strider's chest pieces look more sci-fi than the Glorious Brigandine, so maybe we have different things in mind). The Gas Mask is pretty sci-fi as well.

The look that I want to shoot for here is the 'post apocalyptic world explorer'.

The Air-Filtration Device might work for a post-apocalyptic look.

Also, you've only been playing for a couple of months and you have two Legendaries already?! Gosh!

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I really like that flying mechanical wasp-thingy with the propeller - I don't know what it's called because I haven't found it in the list of minis.

You may be thinking of

From the Miniature Collection Set II.

Ahh, great! I can't believe how cheap it was on the TP...only a few silver. Thanks, Steve!

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" saidMaybe you know this already, but if not it might help: on the dye panel, click on the cog next to the words "By Set" and select "By Hue". I find it much easier to compare colours that way.No, I did not know that...Thanks! That'll be a big help!

(but then I would think Magitech and Strider's chest pieces look more sci-fi than the Glorious Brigandine, so maybe we have different things in mind).I have the Magitech chest piece but I don't like the way it looks at all. When I first saw the Strider's Tunic I fell in love with it! Easily one of the best looking chest pieces in the game. Unfortunately, the 'X' embellishment and the flaps on the hips totally ruin the look for me. :(

The Gas Mask is pretty sci-fi as well.We have a winner here! Maybe. I love the way it looks on my guy...but I don't like the cost of it. The gold is never a problem for me...but Laurels don't grow on trees. I'll probably get it anyway, but I'll be grumbling the whole time! :angry: :D

Also, you've only been playing for a couple of months and you have two Legendaries already?! Gosh!I bought them on the TP...I'm not going to go to all that massive amount of trouble to craft those darn things when I can just buy them on the TP. ;)

Thanks again...you've been a huge help to me! :)

@"GW Noob.6038" said:

Now, about that rare fashion element that I mention earlier: I saw a girl who had beautiful white, slightly mottled, translucent skin that seemed to glow ever so slightly...her eyes were pure white and also seemed to glow. This, I think, might be some kind of aura...but it's definitely not any of the ones featured on the wiki page. Any idea what causes this effect?

I know this is like... super late, but I have a character who sort of fits this description. See below...

! VSo1Ia1.jpg! OUDjEVu.jpg!I don't know if this is exactly what you meant, but in case it is... The aura is the Winter's Heart Infusion, but the eyes come from the Necro starter headpiece, the Wraith Masque . Hopefully this helps. If not, it could also potentially be the Snow Diamond Infusion.

@"GW Noob.6038" said:Hey all you wonderful and talented stylists! I'm looking for some more fashion advice...plus, I need your help identifying a rather rare fashion piece that I spotted recently. As always, I want to make this post as short and concise as possible...so, to that end, let me post my characters and the themes that I want to develop for them.

1. Asuran Female Ranger/Soulbeast: The look I want for her is a 'Child of Nature'. The outfit that I'm currently using on her is the 'Verdant Executioner'...the colors that I'm using are: Algae/Burgundy/Humiliation/Deep Pine. Her hair color is the 'Dark Rose' exclusive. She has the Kudzu bow, which is perfect for her. As for her mini, I'm planning on getting the 'Baby Doe' from the Gem store. I'm fairly happy with her look, overall; the only thing I want to change in the color pallet is the 'Algae' green...I'd like to go with a lighter green, but haven't found one that I like.
  2. Norn Female Thief/Deadeye: The look I want for her is a 'Sci-Fi/High-tech' Bounty Hunter/Assassin. I've been researching some armor pieces for this character and have found the following: for the chest piece I have selected the 'Glorious Brigandine' as it's the only sci-fi looking one in the game. For the gloves, I have tentatively chosen the 'Dualist' gloves. For the leggings, I have chosen the 'Strider's' leggings...but I'll also get the 'Ascalonian Sentry' leggings and swap them out occasionally, just to change her look a bit. For the boots, I have chosen the 'Magitech' boots from the Gem store. The color pallet that I'll use for this outfit is up in the air, atm. I definitely don't want to go all black because there are far too many people wearing all black outfits already. I've been messing around with some light/deep reddish browns, some deep magenta's, a bit of black, along with Harrowing Maroon...we'll have to see if that turns out. I'm currently working on getting the HOPE pistol for her..she already has the 'Predator' rifle. As for her mini, I'm open to suggestions...I dislike the humanoid minis, though, because I find them to be uninspired, not to mention downright creepy!
  3. Human Male Engineer/whatever: The look that I want to shoot for here is the 'post apocalyptic world explorer'. I've been building an outfit for him that includes: The 'Aviator's Cap', or possibly an eye-patch, for the head piece. I have the 'Pirate Hook' to use as a mechanical arm...along with the 'Peg-leg' boots - I'm not thrilled with the way these pieces look and probably won't use them. I also have the 'Zephyr Rucksack' for his backpack, to inject a bit of humor into the mix. Now, as far as his armor/outfit pieces go, I'm stuck...I really like the 'Rascal' armor that I got when I boosted him, but definitely want to swap out the gloves and the shoulderguards for something else - I'll ditch any piece, or the entire outfit, for something else if it gives a better 'post apocalyptic' look. The color pallet is up in the air, atm...browns, olive greens, I don't know. As for his mini, I really like that flying mechanical wasp-thingy with the propeller - I don't know what it's called because I haven't found it in the list of minis. Hopefully I can acquire this mini, or something even better, without too much hassle...Anet?! :anguished: :D
  4. Norn Female Mesmer/Mirage: I like the sexy look of the Winged Armor...for the most part. I don't hate the shoulder pieces, just the antennae jutting up from the back. The boots are kinda blah, so I'm looking for replacements for them. As for the color pallet, I want to use the "Mesmer colors" that are used in the build-tree artwork and the interface icons. I've been experimenting with different color combinations but haven't found the look that I want. As for her mini, I'm open to suggestions.

That is my character lineup...whatever fashion advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

1. I don't know how helpful this is, but I did manage to make a little male asura that looks like Link with the festive hat and added the toxic spore backpack to be my little fairy.
  2. Sounds a lot like you could take some inspiration from this game I played on my friend's console awhile back. It was like a sci-fi version of Skyrim with robots that have taken the place of animals and an evil sentient master robot. Horizon Dawn I think it was?
  3. Should be pretty easy but most of the pieces I've used for that style look were a mixture of magitech and aetherblade which are gemstore skins, some Crucible of Eternity gear, and I could see Sorrow's Embrace gear potentially working for it. It's just difficult because most chest pieces are all about the trenchcoat and buttcape action. And the boots and gloves are either simple looking leather riding gloves or similar-looking medieval padded gloves. Thus why I fall back to magitech usually.
  4. Should be easy enough, but it's hard for me to stick with these looks for long. I either feel like I look like another generic scantily clad female character or.. well idk.Colors I use on my Mesmer are generally Plum/Electro Pink/Cotton Candy/Recall. They're all pinks and purples. I think Plum might be the closest to the Mesmer color but I'm not sure.

@Roam.5208 said:

@"GW Noob.6038" said:

I know this is like...
super
late, but I have a character who sort of fits this description. See below...

!
VSo1Ia1.jpg
!
OUDjEVu.jpg
!I don't know if this is exactly what you meant, but in case it is... The aura is the
, but the eyes come from the Necro starter headpiece, the
. Hopefully this helps. If not, it could also potentially be the

Better late than never! I think the Snow Diamond Infusion might be the one I was describing. I'm going to try to get my hands on that ASAP.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"GW Noob.6038" said:Hey all you wonderful and talented stylists! I'm looking for some more fashion advice...plus, I need your help identifying a rather rare fashion piece that I spotted recently. As always, I want to make this post as short and concise as possible...so, to that end, let me post my characters and the themes that I want to develop for them.

1. I don't know how helpful this is, but I did manage to make a little male asura that looks like Link with the festive hat and added the toxic spore backpack to be my little fairy.
  2. Sounds a lot like you could take some inspiration from this game I played on my friend's console awhile back. It was like a sci-fi version of Skyrim with robots that have taken the place of animals and an evil sentient master robot. Horizon Dawn I think it was?
  3. Should be pretty easy but most of the pieces I've used for that style look were a mixture of magitech and aetherblade which are gemstore skins, some Crucible of Eternity gear, and I could see Sorrow's Embrace gear potentially working for it. It's just difficult because most chest pieces are all about the trenchcoat and buttcape action. And the boots and gloves are either simple looking leather riding gloves or similar-looking medieval padded gloves. Thus why I fall back to magitech usually.
  4. Should be easy enough, but it's hard for me to stick with these looks for long. I either feel like I look like another generic scantily clad female character or.. well idk.Colors I use on my Mesmer are generally Plum/Electro Pink/Cotton Candy/Recall. They're all pinks and purples. I think Plum might be the closest to the Mesmer color but I'm not sure.

I'm no longer working toward the HOPE pistol so the 'Sci-Fi' look is out...I'm going to try to go in a sexy 'Old West' direction with my female thief now. I'll keep your suggestions in mind in case I resume the project. :)

Archived