Chasing Tales: Like a Wounded Beast

This is just not triggering for me. I first tried with a Warrior, and now also with a Reaper, both time using axes, and both times in Thunderhead Peaks. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

In theory, this achievement should be simple, because, in my interpretation, it should complete when you finish off a group of 5+ mobs while under 10% health. But it's just not happening for me, no matter how many times I try.

Edit: By the way, the other two Hakon achievements were also very hard to trigger for me. Enduring Hatred also took me a lot of tries, and I finally completed it after I had given up and weren't even trying anymore.

Log out and back in.

I did the Keep meta yesterday and didn't get any pop up notifications for the staff, but got all the ones for axe and focus. Nothing showed up that I had completed anything on the staff collection until I actually logged out and back in, and then poof, everything was there.

Ok, after hours of trying, I've finally managed to do it. It's bugged, so there are very specific unstated requirements that apply on top of the stated ones.

You might need to carry out all kills with an axe. You probably also need to do it in Thunderhead Peaks. South of the Barracks PoI there's a rectangular chamber with spiders you can kill, and there's also a group of 5 spiders there. That's where I've done it. I used an axe reaper, and I entered shroud once my health was low enough.

What finally did it for me is that I've unequipped my off-hand, and I've also removed all sigils from my axe (previously I've had an Air sigil equipped, which may have prevented the achievement from triggering). I've been killing 6 enemies instead of 5, and instead of the stated 5 minutes, the correct time window seems to be around 5 seconds.

The axe requirements seem to be fairly buggy for both this and #2, took a while for the second one to count too.

But this 10% health achievement also goes against one of the original core ideas of this game that we should be 'happy' to have other people around. Not when they heal while trying to do this.

@Dalec.9853 said:The axe requirements seem to be fairly buggy for both this and #2, took a while for the second one to count too.

But this 10% health achievement also goes against one of the original core ideas of this game that we should be 'happy' to have other people around. Not when they heal while trying to do this.

Right. I've been trying to do it for a while now while doing meta and just as I reach 10% or close someone heals me or I get a sand barrier. Absolutely Annoying.

@Adul.1520 said:Ok, after hours of trying, I've finally managed to do it. It's bugged, so there are very specific unstated requirements that apply on top of the stated ones.

You might need to carry out all kills with an axe. You probably also need to do it in Thunderhead Peaks. South of the Barracks PoI there's a rectangular chamber with spiders you can kill, and there's also a group of 5 spiders there. That's where I've done it. I used an axe reaper, and I entered shroud once my health was low enough.

What finally did it for me is that I've unequipped my off-hand, and I've also removed all sigils from my axe (previously I've had an Air sigil equipped, which may have prevented the achievement from triggering). I've been killing 6 enemies instead of 5, and instead of the stated 5 minutes, the correct time window seems to be around 5 seconds.

I am not sure about those specific additional requirements as some seem to have got the achievement without mentioning such hoops to jump through, but I agree that there are definitely unstated requirements and complications. Being in Thunderhead Peaks and using an axe sounds consistent enough with other dragonsblood weapon achievements, but the rest sounds like a whole mess of bugs in addition to the stated requirements themselves being quite stupid to begin with.

Had to do it for a while with spellbreaker, but finally it worked. I did it south from the barracks in the chamber with a Veteran Spider and four young ones. Equip axes in both Hands!!!!!!, make sure you have berserker stance and endure pain ready, wait til you are under 10% and go for it. Make sure you do not heal by accident, like healing signet or defiant stance. It may take a couple of runs til you`ll have got it, but it works.

I can confirm, the SPIDER CAVE south of the Barracks Area in the Keep works wonders.

Worked on the second try. Equip dual axes, pull together some spiders (I had to kill 6 too until the achieve triggered), get your hit point total up as high as you can, wait until you are sub 10%, use Endure Pain, cleave all the spiders.

I tried this for the last 30 mins on Warrior with double axe, killing enemy after enemy with low health. I even killed four at once with like 89 health left and several more after, but nothing. This is not triggering for me at all.

Edit: I just tried the spider room. Killed 6-8 spiders per try for another 30 minutes. Still nothing triggering.

I gave up on warrior axes.. after an hour and too many successes with the tales not completing I lost the motivation.... switched to necro, went single axe with no other weapon, no healing traits, no skills that offer heals used... tada completed first time.Guildy had same issues with RangerI wonder if warrior using just a single axe would work.. though it makes the trial harder to survive perhaps. - If only I could be bothered to try it.

@Adul.1520 said:Ok, after hours of trying, I've finally managed to do it. It's bugged, so there are very specific unstated requirements that apply on top of the stated ones.

The fact that you got the achievement while in reaper shroud shows you dont need an ax equiped. Reaper shoud is a hammer.Fyi, wells are swords.

I just did it on the spider room. First it did not work, but after relogging it worked. Here is a screenshot to help others....Location: The room with spiders south from the barracks poi.Tactics: I attacked first the ordinary spider on the right side and let him bring me down to less than 10%. Then I popped the shroud and killed all that moves.XRH9Ta2.jpg

@"Deadly Moonshiner.1354" said:I just did it on the spider room. First it did not work, but after relogging it worked. Here is a screenshot to help others....Location: The room with spiders south from the barracks poi.Tactics: I attacked first the ordinary spider on the right side and let him bring me down to less than 10%. Then I popped the shroud and killed all that moves.XRH9Ta2.jpg

This is the one that did it for me. Great tip, thanks!

I did do mine on a reaper. I started at the entrance and let the first spider take me down to the 10% and then went into shroud and got one spider at a time till it popped. When I lost life force I came out killed one and back in shroud once my health dropped again. I had a lot of trouble if I tried to group stuff up. There was plenty of time to get what was needed as long as I made sure I did not heal much.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" I am hoping to draw attention to this. There are also people on reddit who are certain they met the requirements while not getting the achievement to pop. I am having difficulty communicating with support as they don't seem to understand I think this is a bug.

Gaile do you see anything I might have done wrong in the screens I posted above?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/afrzpc/chasing_tales_like_a_wounded_beast/

Archived