Balancing Stealth for Deadeye

MurkWan.8526

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:Or an exhaustion that goes with the Silent Scope trait.

Or have Stealth mechanic split into two types.

U would basicly gain exhaustion every time u dodge, it's bad :p

Give icdOrRevert it to last stateOrMake silent scope as it is but give revealed to deadeye when he gets direct damaged while stealthed. I rly like it becouse it would basicly kill this 1 shot build with d/p and it would force rifle players to position themselfs better

@"MurkWan.8526" said:There needs to be a trade-off for the perma stealth Deadeye gets.

There is already a trade-off. Deadeye (in fact Thief in general) cannot deal damage while in stealth and if they did, they'll get the Revealed debuff.

What about slow/weakness that reduces actual mobility during stealth? This means the player has to be more skilled in timing their stealth and cannot rely on it like a crutch.

If you want the Thief to be slow and weak, you have to apply those conditions yourself. Why should a profession self-nerfing itself? That would be counter-intuitive to the word "profession". Self-nerfing Revealed after stealth attacks is a really bad mechanic. If you want that Thief to be revealed, you have to find them first. Revealed after a stealth attack is already a handicap since it auto-reveal the Thief without any additional effort from the opposition. Now you're also asking that every time the Thief move, they break their ACL and every time they attack, they break their elbow.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:Or an exhaustion that goes with the Silent Scope trait.

Give icdOrRevert it to last stateOrMake silent scope as it is but give revealed to deadeye when he gets direct damaged while stealthed. I rly like it becouse it would basicly kill this 1 shot build with d/p and it would force rifle players to position themselfs better

Except D/P doesn't run deadeye so. So it would only change rifle gameplay.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

U dont play wvw? :D

@Safandula.8723 said:

U dont play wvw? :D

I do not, but even so I haven't seen D/P used with deadeye when I have. Was just typical D/P or a Deadeye. Or trapper thief

I do not, but even so I haven't seen D/P used with deadeye when I have. Was just typical D/P or a Deadeye. Or trapper thief

rifle 4 when kneeling then swith to dp and heartseeker through the smoke screen x4 then repeat. Perma stealth.

When people are stealthed for 20sec and above there should be a condition that make the next attack hit for 50% of it's damage

@Safandula.8723 said:

@"Isle of Stars.3049" said:Or an exhaustion that goes with the Silent Scope trait.

I was just kidding with the exhaustion part of course. xD

On a more serious tone, giving revealed when damaged is probably difficult to implement, considering DE's lack of mobility and damage mitigation paired with the AOEs and other skills that still do a "lock-down" on the target after stealth (Unload, Rapid Fire, etc.).

Devs should look more into the skillset of the DE which hampers healthy counterplay and not just the Silent Scope trait itself, of which combo openings like Binding Shadow and Spotter's Shot comes into mind.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

D/p is weaponset, deadeye is specialization. And before you continue, D/p+rifle is meta build for deadeye.

@Gandrogh.1530 said:

rifle 4 when kneeling then swith to dp and heartseeker through the smoke screen x4 then repeat. Perma stealth.

When people are stealthed for 20sec and above there should be a condition that make the next attack hit for 50% of it's damage

Which is in direct conflict with revealed training.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Which is in direct conflict with revealed training.

No it's not. He suggest to lower the first hit(backstab, DJ), and revealed training grants u power when ur revealed(it doesn't apply to stealth attacks). I like that idea

@dDuff.3860 said:

D/p is weaponset, deadeye is specialization. And before you continue, D/p+rifle is meta build for deadeye.

I am not sure how you misread that to think that you had to state D/P is a weaponset and deadeye is a spec. But saying D/P is the set meta is silly as fuck since you can literally run any weaponset as your second depending on your playstyle and enemy team comp.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

I am not sure how you misread that to think that you had to state D/P is a weaponset and deadeye is a spec. But saying D/P is the set meta is silly as kitten since you can literally run any weaponset as your second depending on your playstyle and enemy team comp.

No, you're not, to prove my point I stream different deadeye gameplay, D/p+rifle is meta set for deadeye because it capable of most efficient play in current thief role, providing fastest and biggest burst and leaving as little counterplay as possible. What is your argument?

@omgdracula.6345 said:Except D/P doesn't run deadeye so. So it would only change rifle gameplay.

Again, D/p played with deadeye and being most efficient set for it, along with DA/Tr/DE traitlines. How can you deny your own words, idk.

@dDuff.3860 said:

I am not sure how you misread that to think that you had to state D/P is a weaponset and deadeye is a spec. But saying D/P is the set meta is silly as kitten since you can literally run any weaponset as your second depending on your playstyle and enemy team comp.

No, you're not, to prove my point I stream different deadeye gameplay, D/p+rifle is meta set for deadeye because it capable of most efficient play in current thief role, providing fastest and biggest burst and leaving as little counterplay as possible. What is your argument?

@omgdracula.6345 said:Except D/P doesn't run deadeye so. So it would only change rifle gameplay.

Again, D/p played with deadeye and being most efficient set for it, along with DA/Tr/DE traitlines. How can you deny your own words, idk.

Minus the fact that D/P isn't great against all enemy team comps. Most efficient != always efficient/best choice. A ferrari is fast, but I wouldn't drive it on a dirt road.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Minus the fact that D/P isn't great against all enemy team comps. Most efficient != always efficient/best choice. A ferrari is fast, but I wouldn't drive it on a dirt road.

And that is why it is D/p+rifle, which is good against d/p usually lacking against ranged power pressure, provided by rifle.

@dDuff.3860 said:

And that is why it is D/p+rifle, which is good against d/p usually lacking against ranged power pressure, provided by rifle.

Lacking range isn't the only thing to take into account though. Enemy team could be tanky as hell. The enemy team could have a thief that counters DE heavily. We could argue all day but there is never any case where something is most efficient and always efficient.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Lacking range isn't the only thing to take into account though. Enemy team could be tanky as hell. The enemy team could have a thief that counters DE heavily. We could argue all day but there is never any case where something is most efficient and always efficient.

Things that you say is just making it worse for you, no thief except other deadeye can really counter you, tanky team — whatever, meta D/p+rifle has best damage output (biggest burst too). Most efficient in general means that in most cases you're getting value out of your build/playstyle.

@dDuff.3860 said:

Things that you say is just making it worse for you, no thief except other deadeye can really counter you, tanky team — whatever, meta D/p+rifle has best damage output (biggest burst too). Most efficient in general means that in most cases you're getting value out of your build/playstyle.

Yea but you just proved my point though. The literal point I was making was that while DE is efficient it isn't ALWAYS efficient. If a team is tanky and even remotely self aware that there is a deadeye in the game you're pretty much a non factor.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Yea but you just proved my point though. The literal point I was making was that while DE is efficient it isn't ALWAYS efficient. If a team is tanky and even remotely self aware that there is a deadeye in the game you're pretty much a non factor.

In that case you're actually the only factor that can cut enemy team's heads off.

@dDuff.3860 said:

In that case you're actually the only factor that can cut enemy team's heads off.

But in that case vs a tank heavy team I would rather just run S/D. Any team that is self aware that there is a thief roaming around can effectively take that thief out of the game. At the end of the day to each their own but again my point is that no build for thief is 100% the best option. There is always MOST efficient but NEVER ALWAYS efficient.

Archived