Kralkatorrik size

Vyko.6953

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I don't suppose that the Kralkatorrik with wings from the final cinematic is a model in the dat, would it?

Would also be interesting to see this side-by-side with Primordus' head. Since Primordus was always considered the smallest while Kralkatorrik the largest Elder Dragon before they changed their models.

Those considerations were made by people that hadn't actually seen them, and only had other data. Zhaitan is probably the smallest

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I don't suppose that the Kralkatorrik with wings from the final cinematic is a model in the dat, would it?

Would also be interesting to see this side-by-side with Primordus' head. Since Primordus was always considered the smallest while Kralkatorrik the largest Elder Dragon before they changed their models.

model in my render is just his head with neck, it was used only in the last fight where his head is above you in the skies. I didnt find any other Kralkatorrik´s model that was used in epilogue cinematic. Lets wait for new Living story....

@Jaken.6801 said:I am a bit disappointed by Kralkatoriks look.I hoped he would be more earthly, like his gw1 part we saw in the past.Only with some part crystal, not his whole body

Yeah, i was hoping for this too, but maybe his body looks same as in EotN, remember this is just a head...though, primordus looks absolutely different than in EotN.

I have Primordus head too, but the size looks unreal. They maybe made that model bad sized, because that head would took the whole zone! :open_mouth: I dont know. But other models looked always correct - im comparing always with character size. Of course I cant compare Kralk, but i think he is in acceptable size.

Here is comparison render of Primordus and Kralkatorrik:Primordus%2Bkralk.png

@Vyko.6953 said:I have Primordus head too, but the size looks unreal. They maybe made that model bad sized, because that head would took the whole zone! :open_mouth: I dont know. But other models looked always correct - im comparing always with character size. Of course I cant compare Kralk, but i think he is in acceptable size.

Here is comparison render of Primordus and Kralkatorrik:Primordus%2Bkralk.png

Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

But now I'm wanting to see the comparison of all four Elder Dragons together, with Zhaitan's original dead model that was just head, neck, and wing. I know Zhaitan and Mordremoth will both be tiny compared to Kralkatorrik's new appearance, but I'm most curious about "what could have been" with Zhaitan's old one, before they scrapped it because it was too big for a fight.

@Vyko.6953 said:here you are, all dragons! and one icing on the cake - that tiny stain above Primordus is Vlast.File:ELDERDRAGONSv.pngAhh yes, the good old power scaling issues caused by having to make each new threat bigger and badder then the last in order to try to justify why its a challenge to kill compared to the last one.

Though, trying to take Mordremoth's size is a bit complicated by the fact he is his corruption, so his body is basically all of his vies which stretch all across central Tyria.

@Vyko.6953 said:here you are, all dragons! and one icing on the cake - that tiny stain above Primordus is Vlast.File:ELDERDRAGONSv.png

Huh, original Zhaitan is smaller than I thought, compared to Kralkatorrik.

Now I wish we had that original Zhaitan size for him (and Mordy).

Also I moved the wiki file to a better name for wiki documentation: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Elder_Dragons_size_comparison.png

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Vyko.6953 said:here you are, all dragons! and one icing on the cake - that tiny stain above Primordus is Vlast.
File:ELDERDRAGONSv.png
Ahh yes, the good old power scaling issues caused by having to make each new threat bigger and badder then the last in order to try to justify why its a challenge to kill compared to the last one.

Which is coincidentally also unneeded with the plot going the way it is. With the Pact's decimation at the beginning of HoT, Mordremoth could have been "just as tough" as Zhaitan and we'd have issue, and with the Pact being unable to scrounge up the forces to face another dragon so soon, neither do the next.

Though IIRC, the reason why they made Primordus so huge was said to be because they thought Zhaitan and Mordremoth were "too small" to be true world-shattering threats. Hence the irony that they made Zhaitan's model smaller because the original was too huge to have a reasonable fight against.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Which is coincidentally also unneeded with the plot going the way it is. With the Pact's decimation at the beginning of HoT, Mordremoth could have been "just as tough" as Zhaitan and we'd have issue, and with the Pact being unable to scrounge up the forces to face another dragon so soon, neither do the next.

Though IIRC, the reason why they made Primordus so huge was said to be because they thought Zhaitan and Mordremoth were "too small" to be true world-shattering threats. Hence the irony that they made Zhaitan's model smaller because the original was too huge to have a reasonable fight against.Ehh, the supposed destruction of the Pact by Mordremoth always seemed more like a loss of materials rather then a loss of forces. We see a huge number of Pact survivors access the HoT maps, as well as a rather large sum of recoverable materials, and a number of events based around recovering said materials.

Though, I find it funny they thoughts Zhatan was too small when, based on what the wiki says at least, ti was nearly wice as long as the original USS Enterprise from Star Trek TOS. IT was literally nearly twice as long as a starship.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Vyko.6953 said:I have Primordus head too, but the size looks unreal. They maybe made that model bad sized, because that head would took the whole zone! :open_mouth: I dont know. But other models looked always correct - im comparing always with character size. Of course I cant compare Kralk, but i think he is in acceptable size.

Here is comparison render of Primordus and Kralkatorrik:
Primordus%2Bkralk.png

Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

That's if he even moved through the whole of Kryta to get there(he could have taken another route)... Ironic how the biggest Dragon was the first to wake up.

Primordus is the oldest dragon.

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:That's if he even moved through the whole of Kryta to get there(he could have taken another route)... Ironic how the biggest Dragon was the first to wake up.

Doesn't change the fact that no matter where he moved, he should have caused a massive sinkhole atop of him.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:Jormy is huge blizzard, that can condense into dragon, so, imho, it can take any shape/form/size it wants (and then summon a Legion ba dum tss)

No. Jormag causes a blizzard. Just like how Kralkatorrik creates a perpetual thunderstorm around him, and can turn into a sandstorm himself, but is still a dragon himself.

@Zoid.2568 said:Primordus is the oldest dragon.

Nothing ever told us how old any of the dragons are. Primordus was the first to wake up, but that doesn't make him the oldest.

Primordus is the sort of size i expected from the Dragons. Kralk felt a bit smaller than I imagined and even more so now.

The one thing i have noted, is how individually ineffective each seem to be. Mordy could have crushed us easily and Kralk could have stomped that machine with one foot (Id magine anyway). Thus is the pitfalls of such beings translating into gameplay.

Also, the comparison feels a bit off. Shatterer would appear to be the size of a Primordus tooth which doesn't seem right.

It would actually have been better if they went with the amorphous interpretation of Elder creatures so big that "Dragon" is a mere reference and the magic they sucked turned them into eldritch horrors with no defined shape. It would then be easy for Kralkatorrik to be a huge mass of tendrils inside a storm that can conjure a dragon head and Primordus to be an immense bobblehead of molten rock spanning miles. Zhaitan would be even easier being composed of a mass of rotten dragon tissue.

Anyway, we have not seen Bubbles yet but I'd wager it is definitely what they planned for "ocean sized" biggest creature contender. They never have to actually show this one fully because lol deep oceans and it has definitely driven the most races out of their home that we know of. It also must have found some pretty sweet Leylines down there because it's basically the only dragon that didn't march dangerously close to mainland Tyria yet, so it is also eating up undisturbed.

Archived