FPS drop after full download with GTX1070

Oh boy, get ready for a story.

Recently I've noticed a significant FPS drop in gw2, at first I thought it was just the new areas, but soon I realized it was everywhere.I used to be able to run everything on ultra with 60+ fps no problem, now even with the lowest settings I'm still at 17.

First of all, here's what I'm running on:Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bitProcessor: Intel® Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHzMemory: 8192MB RAMDirectX Version: DirectX 12Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Things I've tried (that of course, didn't work) in order:

-Many googles-Updating the graphic driver (to 385.69)-Cleared temp folders (under AppData in Local and Roaming)-Reverting the graphics driver (3 versions back, aka 382.05 for me)-Restarted my computer (surprise! GW2 was mysteriously deleted??)-Reinstalled GW2

At this point, I only had it to Playable level, I thought screw it, I'll try. And to my delight everything was running smoothly again. (I was running around 3 zones primarily)BUT THEN..

-Finished installing GW2 overnight

• Writing this forum post cause we're back to 17 fps!

Hey I'm no expert, but feels like something funky happened during our last patch.

@Xanderis.2369 said:IF drivers are up to date,, check cpu temps you may be over heating,,, gw2 is more cpu bound.. Check for dust .. if not this check drivers again maybe..I use Speccy to check my cpu and gpu temperatures, nothing higher than 50 :/ Besides, all my other games run fine, which is why I suspect the game rather than my computer.

@Kelnarlie.9308 said:Besides, all my other games run fine, which is why I suspect the game rather than my computer.

Check what the GPU's bus interface is operating at. Other games won't really notice it, but GW2 seems to do a lot of back and forth, so when the GPU is operating at half the speed, it can greatly affect your FPS. GW2 is also going to be a lot more CPU intensive than most games, so check that it's not being throttled or that there are any other high demand processes. Ensure that GW2 is actually using the GPU, if you happen to have an alternative one, the simplest way being to rename Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe, otherwise forcing it through the nvidia control panel.

@Maze.3825 said:What could possibly be affecting your computer from this game and not mine? Check your PCIe lane and other frequencys of cpu, ram, and gpu.

Sorry I don't quite understand technical terms (and googling it confused me even more), are you saying I should check if everything is plugged in properly? If so, I poked around and nothing seems loose...

@Healix.5819 said:Check what the GPU's bus interface is operating at. Other games won't really notice it, but GW2 seems to do a lot of back and forth, so when the GPU is operating at half the speed, it can greatly affect your FPS. GW2 is also going to be a lot more CPU intensive than most games, so check that it's not being throttled or that there are any other high demand processes. Ensure that GW2 is actually using the GPU, if you happen to have an alternative one, the simplest way being to rename Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe, otherwise forcing it through the nvidia control panel.

I think it is running as usual, the nvidia panel indicates "PCI Express x16 Gen 3" for bus.Don't belive I have another graphics card. Though, I did use GeForceExperience to auto optimize the game, and while GeForce wants to put everything to max, it still laggs like no tomorrow in game. I don't have anything running when I play gw2 nowadays, I used to have photoshop in the back when it was still fine, but not anymore.

@Raif.9507 said:I'm having the same issues. I'm running a GTX 980 and an i5 6600k and I can't get above 55 FPS and drop to a slideshow during large PvE encounters.

How did you get your game to sometimes run well?

Honestly, I have no idea. It just runs ok sometimes. However I did find a "fix". Sucky tho, cause you have to redo it everytime.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3x8kop/psa_guild_wars_2_fps_drops_fix/

Also I bump it to High priority.

Archived