D/D Elementalist- Roaming & Duels

Noble.2670

so im finally back again...again..again... my first proper one in over a year actually! so its been awhile! i stopped playing about 3-4months ago due to some irl circumstances, but picked the game up again a few days ago, so this is the footage from my first day back so im still a little rusty! i hope you enjoy the video anyway! i actually stream as well to so drop me a follow and come chill with me when im live sometime if you'd like! https://www.twitch.tv/chill_seven

Oh, so d/d ele is actually viable at high levels? :) So far it's my favorite weapon set, I enjoy its dynamics and challenges of staying alive while being close to your enemies enormously. What about raids and fractals? Have you tried to beat those using this setup? Any issues with people freaking out at you for not using staff or other meta builds?

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:Oh, so d/d ele is actually viable at high levels? :) So far it's my favorite weapon set, I enjoy its dynamics and challenges of staying alive while being close to your enemies enormously. What about raids and fractals? Have you tried to beat those using this setup? Any issues with people freaking out at you for not using staff or other meta builds?

Roaming, as any other solo content, can be played on pretty much any build. If there's no some gimmick mechanics and 1 shots then all builds are practically on same level, but gated behind player skill. In other words, if build is not op it's as good as the player using it.

It doesn't do comparable damage to meta builds in pve group content though, no matter how hard you try. Issues will only exist if you join groups that want to clear efficiently and/or if you cant pull your own weight. I wouldn't play it in raids at all, but it's fine for fractals (full dps setup, not the build like in wvw).

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@steki.1478 said:I wouldn't play it in raids at all

Could you elaborate? What seems to be its problem with raids? I don't know how they are different from fractals, so can't figure out it myself.

It does too low dps, making it very unreliable. In fractals it can be irrelevant since they don't have timers nor any dps checks. There's also groups who run with random non meta builds.

Sadly dagger puts you at too much risk so you have to build high def to simply live though the first burst of ppl to the point where your dmg suffers. Ele that one class who gets very few def effect from there main hand and only minor def effects from there off. D/F is far better or sword / f for weaver.

Still a glass class trying to play melee it just dose not work well.

@Jski.6180 said:Sadly dagger puts you at too much risk so you have to build high def to simply live though the first burst of ppl to the point where your dmg suffers. Ele that one class who gets very few def effect from there main hand and only minor def effects from there off. D/F is far better or sword / f for weaver.

its defiantly true that you have to run high defence, but i personally don't view that as a bad thing, that's just the nature of playing a bruiser build like D/D Ele, the damage is still fine and im still able to down everybody i come across with the exception of that one boon axe soulbeast build and full support firebrands, but them fights just stale mate and we end up walking away, but besides them two everything else is fair game and theirs no build that im not comfortable fighting or feel extremely handicapped against while running D/D Ele.

i don't play it as a glass cannon build and i don't think im trying to be a glass cannon with the build i run, im a bruiser and i approach my fights as such and expect lengthy battles, but that's just what i enjoy, i understand if its not everyone's cup of tea, but it doesn't mean the build is not effective simply because its a style you don't like to play.

@Noble.2670 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Sadly dagger puts you at too much risk so you have to build high def to simply live though the first burst of ppl to the point where your dmg suffers. Ele that one class who gets very few def effect from there main hand and only minor def effects from there off. D/F is far better or sword / f for weaver.

its defiantly true that you have to run high defence, but i personally don't view that as a bad thing, that's just the nature of playing a bruiser build like D/D Ele, the damage is still fine and im still able to down everybody i come across with the exception of that one boon axe soulbeast build and full support firebrands, but them fights just stale mate and we end up walking away, but besides them two everything else is fair game and theirs no build that im not comfortable fighting or feel extremely handicapped against while running D/D Ele.

i don't play it as a glass cannon build and i don't think im trying to be a glass cannon with the build i run, im a bruiser and i approach my fights as such and expect lengthy battles, but that's just what i enjoy, i understand if its not everyone's cup of tea, but it doesn't mean the build is not effective simply because its a style you don't like to play.

That the thing your always going to be glass on ele there is nothing in the game that will fix that. What ppl do is to be the glass class that can self heal for a lot all at the cost of doing real dmg.

Glad to see D/D on the forum again. Great plays as always Are you still running the same of build you used to or did you tweak it at all with the recent runes/sigil update? Sigil of Battle is back to being pretty good for Ele.. with Fire It's easy to keep up nearly 25 stack of might now.

Question though: is there a reason you still use Mist Form over Cleansing Fire? Is the meta really that different over on EU? Hahaha... I swear I can't go two feet without being ganked by 3 cancer mirages.

@fuzzyp.6295 said:Glad to see D/D on the forum again. Great plays as always Are you still running the same of build you used to or did you tweak it at all with the recent runes/sigil update? Sigil of Battle is back to being pretty good for Ele.. with Fire It's easy to keep up nearly 25 stack of might now.

Question though: is there a reason you still use Mist Form over Cleansing Fire? Is the meta really that different over on EU? Hahaha... I swear I can't go two feet without being ganked by 3 cancer mirages.

EU mostly uses power builds so cleanses arent an issue if you're running with water+arc or fire specs (or just a cleansing sigil and optionally ether renewal heal).

• 1 month later...

Archived